Indiana Cachers Hello !

Team Tigger International

Pigs make great pets and don't hang out with dysfunctional huskies. ... Well, sometimes if there's free beer involved ... ok... ok... but it only happened once and there was a LOT of beer involved .... .... and it was an awfully cute husky.

What a cute terrier...did the dysfunctional siberians house train you :laughing:

The only thing those big dogs know how to do is pull the sleds. Yes, of course I am house broken! What kind of a question is that, Ohgrl? I live in the house and the Huskies live outside. I am civilized and they are barbaric savages. I speak the King's English and they speak some sort of pidgeon English/Russian. I sleep in a bed and they sleep on top of their dog boxes. I drink beer and they drink water. I watch PBS on TV and they sniff each other's butts. Are we getting a clear picture here? Geeesh!!! There was a story on the radio this morning about a lady who keeps two pet 300 lb. pigs at her house in town, and they create 30 lbs* of pig crap a day (*sounds a little high to me) and the neighbors say the stench is unbearable. A judge has ordered her to clean up her act or face the gallows--so much for hogs for pets, Torry. :laughing::laughing::unsure:

and yes, I am a very handsome fellow, just ask Star...

and yes, I am a very handsome fellow, just ask Star...

Yes Patrick is a very handsome fellow and a great caching partner .....

I think that Leaddog just gets a little jealous of him ! :D

I know that Precious thinks he is the bomb ... she has been begging for a pinup of him , but then I would have to put up with all that doggie drool from her ...

I have noticed that Patrick is a little shall we say "easy" ... but then again he is a DOG ! :D:D

Star

Just saying hi to everyone! And my caching partner Zoe-dog says hi too, but only to the humans. She loves people but not other dogs (sorry to the other geo-caching dogs out there!).

We're far from hitting milestone of some, but we hope to hit our 25th find by this weekend!

Now that we're into this a little bit, we're going to work on upgrading some of the caches we've placed. And I think it'd be a nice goal (maybe unrealistic) to place a cache in every South Bend city park that doesn't already have one.

And my caching partner Zoe-dog says hi too, but only to the humans.  She loves people but not other dogs (sorry to the other geo-caching dogs out there!).

How does Zoe-Dog feel about Fat Hogs? Does she like bacon? What kind of dog is she? How about posting a photo of her here so we can see her?

:(:(:(

Edited by Earthdog Patrick
And my caching partner Zoe-dog says hi too, but only to the humans.  She loves people but not other dogs (sorry to the other geo-caching dogs out there!).

How does Zoe-Dog feel about Fat Hogs? Does she like bacon? What kind of dog is she? How about posting a photo of her here so we can see her?

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Zoe-dog is a mostly German Shepherd who was a junk-yard flunky before I rescued her 10 years ago. She's a Hoosier through and through, which is more than I can say about myself.

Does she like Fat Hogs? Are they like groundhogs? she asked. An unfortunate groundhog met an unfortunate end because of her once. She loves bacon!

5a034d13-a002-47e0-9f6e-a0d6d5c52802.jpg

Oh, Zoe is a NECKERCHIEF dog. We just MENTIONED a neckerchief for Patrick once, and he went right for my throat, fangs bared, snarling and foaming. If you've never seen an angry Jack Russell flying thru the air, it's quite a funny sight!

We had A German Shepherd Dog here at the Dogyard once, that we rescued, his name was Reno and he had the seldom seen silver coat, like Rin-Tin-Tin. He was a big teddy bear. We adopted him out to a farm family...

Zoe, Welcome to the OUTCASTS forum for Indiana Cachers!!! (Started by Star when we were kicked out of that other Indiana forum for posting logs that didn't contain the words "Hello, my name is Lead Dog and I am from Bippus." or words to that effect.

You can talk about anything here, because that's what our topic is. Hide, how many caches has Zoe found?

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

We pack Bananna-peanutbutter-bacon sandwiches for snacks while on the trail geocaching!!!!

Zoe-dog says that the yellow bandana with green froggies is her special caching neckerchief, but that she has a whole collection including patriotic, traditional pattern in purple, blue with dog bones, tie-dye, and several others.

Zoe now has 14 cache finds and is anxious to find more. Yesterday her new doggie backpack for geo-caching arrived in the mail. It's red and has pockets to help carry her water and treats and the geo-swag. We tested it out last night but didn't find the cache.

Zoe had a boyfriend years ago. He was a neighbor dog named Cane, but we moved from that house. She was older and bigger and liked to wrestle him down.

She thinks you're cute too Earthdog Patrick, even if you're kinda short!

She was older and bigger and liked to wrestle him down.

She thinks you're cute too Earthdog Patrick, even if you're kinda short!

I maya be short, but I make up for it in HEART. Besides I can leap vertically over three feet! If you've never wrestled with a Jack Russell, you don't know what wrestling is...Shhh..Don't let Precious hear... :)

BACK OFF BARBIE! HE'S MINE!!

oh Patrick....how could you? :blink:

What, huh? Zoe-dog says if you're talking to her she has no intentions of stealing anyone's short-stuff! She says her heart belongs to one male only and that's the one that spoils her rotten and gives her cookies and lets her sleep and cuddle in bed with him when it storms or when it's cold in the winter. She also says that's Patrick is probably just a pup, and with birthday number 11 coming up (oh yeah, human years), she's not looking for any young whippersnapper, no matter how high he can jump. (She still says he's cute though!)

BACK OFF BARBIE! HE'S MINE!!

oh Patrick....how could you? :blink:

What, huh? Zoe-dog says if you're talking to her she has no intentions of stealing anyone's short-stuff! She says her heart belongs to one male only and that's the one that spoils her rotten and gives her cookies and lets her sleep and cuddle in bed with him when it storms or when it's cold in the winter. She also says that's Patrick is probably just a pup, and with birthday number 11 coming up (oh yeah, human years), she's not looking for any young whippersnapper, no matter how high he can jump. (She still says he's cute though!)

Looks like the doggies are out of the running. ... But I notice the door is open for the porkers. Wanna see where bacon comes from?

wow i'm out of the loop here. lol

Hi H & S. Welcome to our wonderful wierd realm of hugs...

Poor Precious is so hurt Patrick, I'm shocked...

I like bacon, oooh oohh and HAM!! yumm *drools*

I've always wanted a pet pig, I seen in the paper that there were pot bellys FREE TO GOOD HOME. I thought about it but I don't think that ma would have liked that to well. I'd give a big ol hug to a pig. there so cute..: :blink:

mmmmmmmm beeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrr... ;)

'Ev wonders, what does one do at 3:35 in the morning, this is what you do type in the forums to make a post that noone will read and will skip over and say what is wrong with that woman. "Boy she's a whako" I hear that alot...

*thinks that I should make a pq for nothing but ISQ's and find them all. ;) yeah that is what I need to do. I could so totally rock. It was a wonderful day in the world of Ev until..... she went caching "all by myself" ( i know the tense is wrong but how would you really refer to yourself 5th person...?? :D:D until she fell down because something reached up and grabbed her. She was listening to scary stories by herself and then when she got out to go get the cache is when it happened. She screamed and a stick poked her in her side and she banged up her knee. and when she realized what had really happened she felt like an idiot. it wasn't anything reaching up to grab her it was a tree root that moved something is out to get her she thought. Oh yeah. Star was at home makin her life impossible so that her log entry wouldn't make any sence and make her just ramble because she has nothing else better to do.

Man I really need a life.

edit: who knows prolly to add something that makes no sence.....

Edited by Awsome Ev

Just to keep things in their proper perspective, here is your updated ISQ LEADERBOARD:

555 Cacher Teams have logged 6,352 finds on over 270 Indiana Spirit Quest caches.

TOP TEN:

1 SWEETIE PIE 209

2 PRAiRIE PARTNERS 177

3 J PLUS 14 170

4 4DAMFAM 146

5 TEAM TIGGER INTERNATIONAL 144

7 BLUEGILLFISHERMAN 130

8 ITZME 129

9 ONE ANGEL & FAMILY 125

10 WOLVERINE WARRIERS 125

11 WILLIAMSFAMGC 123

165 EARTHDOG PATRICK 7

507 OHGRL 1

544 TORRY 1

:blink:

Just to keep things in their proper perspective, here is your updated ISQ LEADERBOARD:

555 Cacher Teams have logged 6,352 finds on over 270 Indiana Spirit Quest caches.

165 EARTHDOG PATRICK 7

507 OHGRL 1

544 TORRY 1

Wow I didn't even realize I had one!! ;) Does this make me an honorary Hoosier?

Doggie Specials have been added to :

One at the Trading Post ( still licking my owners wounds from this one :D Maxxie)

One at Spirit Quest #191

They are just for the poochies from our poochies MaxxieMaxxie.jpg and Beans.jpgBeans.

:D

Also I know this is not Cache info but there is a WG mini gathering coming up on Aug. 14th 2:30pm Scotty's Brewer House in West Lafayette

seeing that WG members got me hooked on GeoCaching I thought I might get to meet a few of ya'll too. :D

Edited by One Crazy Girl Scout Leader
What exactly are the Spirit Quest caches? I've seen them listed in the Indiana listing, but none are in my area.

One way to find out is to visit a cache page. But since you asked, here's how it works: A team of GEOISQ guys drive around in the country til they come across an old cemetery. The driver slows down a bit and the "spotter" chucks an empty 35mm film can out the car window at the cemetery. I say empty, but its weighted with lead bullets or sinkers so it will travel . The driver then notes the general coordinates on the GPSr and we post them to the cache page. We give a hint based on what the cemetery looks like (trees, bushes, stumps etc.) We don't stop. The First to Finder then finds it and writes a log something like this:

"Coordinates were way off. Found the empty container lying out in the open. Put it back where we thought it belonged based on the hint, and signed a piece of scrap paper we had and put it in the cache. TNLNSL Thanks!"

Don't worry, everybody is in on the joke. Sometimes, if the First to finder can't find it, he just hides his own empty film can and claims a smilie . Everybody's happy. We've done this hundreds of times... :D

One at Spirit Quest #191

Also I know this is not Cache info but there is a WG mini gathering coming up on Aug. 14th 2:30pm Scotty's Brewer House in West Lafayette

seeing that WG members got me hooked on GeoCaching I thought I might get to meet a few of ya'll too. :D

Is the Doggie Special BACON? What's WG? Working Girl? :D

What? No pig tags? ... Chauvinist!

I guess you could use the spoiled tag.. and I will list Pet tags!

I keep my cat tag for Maxxies other buddy Socrates he has to stay in the car on trips.

Pettag.jpg

Sorry no pics of the other tags they are all in caches somewhere.

I got them at my local hosp. in the gift shop I just could not pass them up.

From the sound of it Patrick needs the King of the couch one!

O and BTW which race track is that in your photo's Torry? I go to Anderson Speedway all the time! Sometimes I go to local track but always looking for new track to visit.

Edited by One Crazy Girl Scout Leader
What exactly are the Spirit Quest caches?  I've seen them listed in the Indiana listing, but none are in my area.

One way to find out is to visit a cache page. But since you asked, here's how it works: A team of GEOISQ guys drive around in the country til they come across an old cemetery. The driver slows down a bit and the "spotter" chucks an empty 35mm film can out the car window at the cemetery. I say empty, but its weighted with lead bullets or sinkers so it will travel . The driver then notes the general coordinates on the GPSr and we post them to the cache page. We give a hint based on what the cemetery looks like (trees, bushes, stumps etc.) We don't stop. The First to Finder then finds it and writes a log something like this:

"Coordinates were way off. Found the empty container lying out in the open. Put it back where we thought it belonged based on the hint, and signed a piece of scrap paper we had and put it in the cache. TNLNSL Thanks!"

Don't worry, everybody is in on the joke. Sometimes, if the First to finder can't find it, he just hides his own empty film can and claims a smilie . Everybody's happy. We've done this hundreds of times... :rolleyes:

Wow! What a novel idea!! I was just planning a new cemetery cache . . . now I won't have to go to all the trouble! :anibad:

One at the Trading Post ( still licking my owners wounds from this one :anibad: Maxxie)

One at Spirit Quest #191

They are just for the poochies from our poochies MaxxieMaxxie.jpg and Beans.jpgBeans.

:rolleyes:

seeing that WG members got me hooked on GeoCaching I thought I might get to meet a few of ya'll too. B)

Maxxie is VERY cute! And Beans in downright adorable!!

One at the Trading Post  ( still licking my owners wounds from this one  <_<  Maxxie)

One at Spirit Quest #191

seeing that WG members got me hooked on GeoCaching I thought I might get to meet a few of ya'll too. :unsure:

Maxxie is VERY cute! And Beans in downright adorable!!

What kind of GEOdogs are these, again? :lol:

Mutts!

Maxxie is part boxer part sometype of hound ~ Saved from Kokomo Humane Society

~ she still had all her dew claws and in bad shape when we got her.

as you can see she is in very good shape now!

Beans was said to be Shepherd Mix~ Saved from Kokomo Humane Society as well~

all his litter mates die of Parvo we decided to keep him and nurse him back to health. Wonders what calf electro will do for a sick pet.

Maxxie is the leader of this small pack. She is to smart for her own good. Can open heavy wood front door ,locked screen door, gate, unhook tie outs, chews fence gate to get out of dog run. :lol: She likes to visit all the dogs in our area. Now she has Beans tagging along! He use to not leave the yard. She always comes home if we don't chase her down first. The workers of Mount Hope Cem. give her treats. This is the reason she goes on hunts with us. Her fave spot is on the small couch with her head resting on a pillow. Beans however thinks he is one of our cats and lays on the back of the small couch in the pic window.

Heya folks,

Just getting started here. I got my GPS unit yesterday and plotted about 5 or 6 caches for this week to try and find ranging from a couple of the spirit quests since they are close to my home.

I hope to see some of you around either on the treks or at a gathering sometime soon.

Oh, here are my two trekking/caching partners too...

IkeClose.jpg

This is Ike.

Andi2.jpg

And this is his mom, Andi, my German Shorthaired Pointers, companions, hunting buddies and friends. :lol:

Good to meet y'all