Can I Make Me A Tb

Deego

I have one travel bug tag left. Can I make me a travel bug? would anybody want to log me? (I doubt it ;) )

And how would it work. if somebody meets me and gets the bug number would they just grab it from me, then I would have to grab it back again. (messy logs !! and not much mileage). maybe not such a good idea after all :anibad:

I bet its been done before. but cant find any.

I read somwhere in the forums that someone had created a TB which never left their possession but which they logged into and out of every cache they found (which is effectively the same thing as making YOURSELF a TB!).

By doing this, they had a complete log (on the TB page) of every cache they'd visited.

If I remeber rightly, Stu and Sarah have their Mini as a TB, able to be grabbed temporarily by any cacher they meet on their travels. You could do the same - any time you meet a fellow cacher, give them the number and drop it into the cache as you make your log. Once they're retrieved it you simply grab it back.

You'd have to fix the tag to yourself pretty securely so it doesn't come off in the shower! ;)

Can I make me a travel bug? would anybody want to log me? (I doubt it  )

After a few drinks one night with an old university chum visiting from Australia (I converted him to geocaching by email), we got carried away with the notion of me turning myself into a roving cache, a bit like the moving 'Ye Olde Survey Monuments cache' as a way to attract and meet single men. In the cold light of day, it didn't seem like such a good idea!

If I remeber rightly, Stu and Sarah have their Mini as a TB, able to be grabbed temporarily by any cacher they meet on their travels. 

You're correct Beer Monster. It's had a few "finds" so far, with one person who lives locally keeping a lookout for our car wherever he goes as he hasn't found out the travel bug number yet. It's in a extra tax disc holder on the front windscreen just above the tax disc.

here it is

Edited by stu_and_sarah

*strum guitar* ahem!

~They seek him here. They seek him there!

His tubs are round, and sometimes square!

Oh you can log or track him, but he doesn't give a care.

Because he's a dedicated follower of caching!~

*bows and exits stage left followed by much cabbage*

:anitongue: