Best Cache Logs

If you're not able to get out geocaching, it's almost as good to read about the experiences of others via their cache logs. Some seem to have a natural talent for writing hilarious or interesting logs, which certainly add a whole dimension to the game. Sometimes the interest comes from what heppened, sometimes from the way it was written up.

Does anyone have any prized examples of good and/or amusing logs?

Here's a couple to get the ball rolling:

Under the Bush

The Leaning Tree

;)

HH.

Although it's not funny finding a muggled cache, on one of these unfortunate occasions I found the container had been deliberately contaminated with a lump of poo but surprisingly the logbook was still clean. Disposing sensibly with the container whilst retaining the logbook for forwarding to the owner, I was able to log:

"took logbook, left nothing!" ;)

I always chuckle when I read this one :

Across the Town (01/02/03)

Took two days to complete this one. We started out late Saturday afternoon. The day was cold but clear. Sue found the first part of the cache in the hollow of the tree quickly, so off we went to solve our first clue. Took a little while to find the second box for the next set of co-ordinance then time run out, so we completed the last leg on Sunday. We thought we would make use of our dog Biff to sniff out the final cache. But he’s a Bull-Mastiff and crap as a sniffer dog, still he enjoyed playing with the lads on their trial bikes. Enjoyed solving the clues and the final run to the cache. Nice one Pharisee.

Mal, Sue and Biff

I wonder how the 'lads on their trial bikes' felt about being played with by a bull mastiff

wildlifewriters' link to The Bridge Bandits log is not to be missed! Great advise on how to deal with killer sheep:

"The best thing to do is stand on one leg and stick you tongue out at them while hopping in an anticlockwise manner, this action confuses them, they'll go away, regroup and pick on someone else!"

Can't wait to try that one in the board room! ;)

Amost anything written by Team Bridge Bandits is worth a look. It's entirely possible that these logs are posted with the aid of powerful pharmaceuticals. This is a typical hilarious example...

:P

(edited for dodgy link)

I second that. God only knows what the man is on :)

Good example from GC5BA9

- The road up to the site is a bit uneven with the odd pothole here and there, so take it easy or you'll rip the arse out of you car, and yes I did drive up the lane.

- I wondered if it was safe to get out, I had visions of been eaten alive by these Killer Zombi Flies from the Graveyard. What was I to do? I had come all this way to this fine cache, so near yet so far, Think! Think! what to do? And then it came to me in a flash, I sent the wife out.

- We found the cache right where it should be, half way up a big tree. So I got the Wife back into action again, up you go, there's a good Women, fair play to you.

- Oh by the way, I only got half way down the lane when I heard a tapping noise in the car, Ah yes the pot holes have done something to the car? well that's what I thought too, I know you do now reading this, but it wasn't, it was only the Wife

:)

I like the logs from May 30 on this cache of mine, especially the one by Nybbler. Keep in mind that none of the authors were writing in their native languages. A very large number of German people have a tremendous sense of humour, despite the stereotypes. The French, on the other hand, ... :)

Wow that's a lot of Cremant d'Alsace? :P

The tears were starting to pour down my face by the time I got to the 6th log of the day. :)

Wow that's a lot of Cremant d'Alsace? :P

Just one bottle. But I think they may have added a few glasses of schnapps before starting to write their logs.

It was an outing by 6 different teams, 10 people in total. They decided to do it at 2am on the Sunday morning, having spent since 6pm on the Saturday at their local GCer's meeting. So they hadn't done any of the clue homework, etc etc. Check out the three nearby caches too (Chateau d'Eau de Traenheim, Silberberg, and Uff 'M Scharrache) - it was apparently a totally chaotic day out !