Awesome!

Milbank

Awesome!

That is what my 8 year old son said after we found our first geocache tonight.

I found GC.com well searching for GPS info last night.

I bought my first gps yesterday (5/4/04)

I bought it to use for fishing. That's what I told my wife. :ph34r:

After searching GC.com to see what was in my area I found one just 6 miles from my home. Well it was already 9:30 at night and very dark outside.

I put the info into my gps and went for a ride. Just doing a "drive by" I got to with in 150 ft of it.

The night I told my son what I was plaining on doing and asked if he wanted to go with.

After I got home from work today we went out. I let him hold the gps and watch the arrow and distance as we drove out there. He also held the gps as we walked the area.

I told him before we went that we had to bring something out to leave in the box if we wanted to take something from it.

We forgot to bring anything so as we were driving out there I told him we would not be able to take anything from the box as we did not bring anything to put in it.

We got out there and spent some time searching around for it. My son looked high and low looking every place it could be.

I spotted it first and called him over so he could see it before I moved it.

You should have seen the look on his face when he seen it and started digging it out. It was great!

It was like we found a long lost treasure.

He kept saying "this is awesome!"

After we looked inside he seen a drink token he wanted and he said "lets go back to the car to find something to leave" so we did.

It was so great, a ton of fun and then some.

e5762a21-42cc-4558-b8e2-f2138f93cc37.jpg

On the way back to town he said "that was awesome, I will never forget this day" :D:o;)

We are going out friday night to try and find another one and maybe more this weekend.

I know I'm hooked and I think my son is too.

It was so great, a ton of fun and then some.

e5762a21-42cc-4558-b8e2-f2138f93cc37.jpg

On the way back to town he said "that was awesome, I will never forget this day" :P :P :P

We are going out friday night to try and find another one and maybe more this weekend.

I know I'm hooked and I think my son is too.

Congratulations and welcome!! The picture says it all doesn't it. :P My 6 year old daughter had the same reaction the first time I could take her. :P

Hi,

A previous poster (Seamus, I think) said that they had the same feeling when they found their first at age 26....heck, I'm crowding 60 and I still get that feeling with each and every cache. The fun continues...welcome to the "club".

Regards,

Bill

Hi! And welcome to the sport/addiction/what have you. We are fairly new to this, and our whole family had the same reaction! Awesome!

...Just wait until you place your first cache, and somebody else finds it...

That's our doings, and somebody else likes it. Awesome!! :P

MaisOui

:0)

Edited by MaisOui & Avrohead

hahah, definately awesome!

i'm with SeventhSon....

It's threads like this that keep me coming back to the forums
it's great to hear a story like this on the forum.

makes me wish I could've gone geocaching as a kid.... those lucky little buggers! finding hidden treasure is great as an adult, but as a kid??? that's awesome.

edit: forgot quote / quoted wrong name.

Edited by protocoldroid