Well, Duh!!

uperdooper

mine has always said 0 new messages.  hmmmm!!  i'll just have to check more often, or well, from now on.  stoopid me. :lol:

Before I turned off the pop-up blocker for this site, my New Messages bar always read "0" also......once I turned it off, I had half a dozen PM's....

just did it. thanks.

Dear Sunshine,

Someday soon when the wet cat is chasing a mouse or eating or sleeping or just dashing around, saying "oh my GOD I'm supposed to be in the other room", please pretty please do the forum moderators a HUGE favor and turn his popup blocker back on. I'd be ever so grateful.

Signed,

Keystone Approver

PS If you were to also change his password, monetary incentives can be arranged via Pay Pal.

Dear Sunshine,

Someday soon when the wet cat is chasing a mouse or eating or sleeping or just dashing around, saying "oh my GOD I'm supposed to be in the other room", please pretty please do the forum moderators a HUGE favor and turn his popup blocker back on. I'd be ever so grateful.

Signed,

Keystone Approver

PS If you were to also change his password, monetary incentives can be arranged via Pay Pal.

Dear Keystone Approver,

I'd be more than happy to keep the wet cat in the other room, but at least while he's at the computer, he's out of my hair, and not messing up the rest of the house. Money can't buy my love, and you don't have enough for me to have to put up with him instead of keeping him on the computer all day and night.

Thanks for the offer, but you can keep him.

Sunshine

(The wet cat's wife)

Dear Sunshine,

Someday soon when the wet cat is chasing a mouse or eating or sleeping or just dashing around, saying "oh my GOD I'm supposed to be in the other room", please pretty please do the forum moderators a HUGE favor and turn his popup blocker back on.  I'd be ever so grateful.

Signed,

Keystone Approver

Dear Keystone Approver,

I'd be more than happy to keep the wet cat in the other room, but at least while he's at the computer, he's out of my hair, and not messing up the rest of the house. Money can't buy my love, and you don't have enough for me to have to put up with him instead of keeping him on the computer all day and night.

Thanks for the offer, but you can keep him.

Sunshine

(The wet cat's wife)

Hmmm...my wife actually wants me off of the computer. Wanna trade? :)

I have PM pop-ups turned off but e-mail notification turned on.

I just checked and found 1 unread PM in my inbox. I never got an e-mail notification nor did

I ever notice that it said anything but "0 New Messages" at the top of my screen.

Whats the point?

Email notification and the number of messages has always worked for me.

I think that if you miss a new message noted at the top of the screen, then the next time you come into the forums it resets to zero. So you need to do one of the following things:

• Allow popups on this site in any popup blocker you're using, AND select "YES" for the "Do you wish to get a pop up notification when you get a new private message?" option under "Board Settings" on your Control Panel.
  • Allow e-mail from forums.Groundspeak.com through your spam filter AND check the box for the "Send a confirmation email when I receive a new private message" option under "E-Mail Settings" on your Control Panel
  • Check that "New Messages" line every time you enter the forums, and before you leave.

I have PM pop-ups turned off but e-mail notification turned on.

I just checked and found 1 unread PM in my inbox. I never got an e-mail notification nor did

I ever notice that it said anything but "0 New Messages" at the top of my screen.

Whats the point?

D'Oh!

I just figured out that the e-mail notification got eaten by my spam filter.

The number of messages was still zero, tho.

I read these two and could stop laughing. I had to go take a walk to stop. Ever feel like your security has turned on you. ;):D

I have popup notification turned on for the board, but use Firefox and get no popup or notification that a popup was blocked like I get on other sites. It seems it would be a simple programming effort to change the text showing the number of messages to red when the count goes above 0.

I personally would prefer to be able turn off the ability for anyone to be able to PM me. I figure if someone wants to send me a message, they can do it by email. I dread the thought of instant messaging with blipping noises and pop-up smily frogs to announce that someone demands my immediate attention. I would also like to be able to turn off just the smily emoticons, but leave user posted images. I predict a day when people will be so lazy, and unable to create a concise thought, that they will post messages consisting entirely of little animated pictures and no content whatsoever.

Edited by JohnX