Geocaching Ebook:

JMBella

You've got to give this person credit. Getting someone to pay you for your knowledge can be profitable. Here are a list of e-books I'm thinking of writing/selling:

1. Speckle Trout fishing in Beaver Ponds

2. Beaver Sticks make the best walking stick

3. Getting rid of those Pesky Squirrels

4. Tree Hugging without Slivers

5. Turn Your Yard into a Forest

etc, etc, etc,

:lol:

"Ships to: United States only"

???? Its an eBook, that ships VIA a .pdf file that is e-mailed to the winner!

Scott :lol:

Little known eBay fact: If you create an eBay page on eBay.com (vice eBay.ca) it will by default set "Ship to United States Only". A lot of people don't notice it, and just because that's on the page, doesn't mean much a lot of the time.

I just spent about an hour on the Oklahoma geocaching website reading through logs then clicking on profiles looking for people with alot of hides.

Then I realized I was getting kinda spooky/scary. I stopped looking.

P.S. I would buy the book on 'Tree Hugging Without Splinters'

Sheesh, I could have written that book, but it would only have been one, short paragraph:

"When placing a cache put it in an interesting area, use a quality container, stock it with nice items....AND MAINTAIN IT. " Yep, do this and you will get raves.

Now kindly forward $15 to my PayPal account for this advice.

:):D:lol::)B):lol::lol::):lol:

I picked this up last night to see what it was all about (what's $5.00?)

While I did get my "ebook" quickly (thus requiring a positive feedback), I found it to be something like an 8th grade research paper.

The total length was 36 pages (double spaced). By the time I removed the double spacing, intros, headers, summaries, page breaks, legal info, off-topic conversational diatribe, and converted the document to 10-point font with normal margins I was left with about seven-and-a-half pages.

Of these remaining pages, quite a bit of it was useless, excessive adjectives, links to Geocaching support areas, or lists of holidays you could place a cache in commemoration of.

The remainder of the text was uninspired and obvious to anyone with 100 or more finds, and uselessly full of lingo to beginners.

Doombot! rating: 1.5 on scale of 10. :lol:

I just wish I had thought of it.

Most people will blow $5.00 on anything.

I remember reading a story years ago about a guy offering a "Surprise" through the mail for $2. He was well within the law because he had to deliver what he promised & they got just what he promised.....nothing, which was a surprise!

With so many gullable people he's probably retired to Jamacia.

(No offence Doombot, I thought about it too out of curiosity!) :)