Time For A New Contest!

El Diablo

Time for a new contest to win a Geo-Hiking Staff. However I'm not sure what contest this time. Let's make this one unique and hard to win. Any suggestions?

El Diablo

#1: Only approvers with ponys may enter.

#2: They must live in states and citys starting with the letter C

#3: the City they live in must be less than 5 years old

Thats all I have so far.

Hmmm, maybe a 4 corners challenge. The first person (Starting now and not counting previous finds) to find a cache in all 4 cornes of the USA....Washington, California, Maine, and Florida. The winner has to have a pic taken at a cache they found in each state to win.

Hmmm...I was hoping for the Four Corners Monument. That would cover my requirement of being in New Mexico, as well as Pony Boy's requirement of being in Colorado :unsure:

Hmm WHAT about a type of triatholon? CITO + number of caches found for the same day as the CITO, and the longest distance traveled.

You might get people stopping by the CITO to say hello, maybe pick up a can, then heading off on a cache hunting marathon. It also rules out those who, by stroke of luck, live close to the CITO site.

How about the first person to hit the cycle, bagging caches with 1 through 5 star terrain in one day? On second thought, any competetion involving logging finds brings in the cheating factor. There are enough accusations of(and actual) cheating going on without bringing one of El Diablo's coveted hiking staffs into the picture.

I like the best log idea. It would encourage people to write a little more than "Nice walk, found it, thanks".

Edited by briansnat
How about a stick to the person who hosts a CITO with the most visitors?

That's a very good idea.

how about organizing a cito event. one of my caches is ripe for a cito event. i'm just not sure of how to organize it.

It's very easy. Find a spot in dire need of CITO and create CITO cache page with the date and coordinates. Then talk it up in your regional forum. Some people like to involve the local park authorities, who often cooperate in various ways, including bringing in dumpsters, or a truck to haul the stuff away.

Edited by briansnat
how about organizing a cito event. one of my caches is ripe for a cito event. i'm just not sure of how to organize it.

That wouldn't perchance be this one ya have in mind, would it ? <_<

Saturday, July 19, 2003

Captain Chaoss found Quills Urban Woodlot Cache (Traditional Cache)

Nice warm saturday, but wheres the rain ?!?!? Dizzy D & I came looking for this one when our friends we went to visit werent home.

This area is in desperate need of an organized trash-out !

However, it is an enjoyable walk none-the-less. Lots of birds.

Left a clay CHAOSS coin and a dog tag style necklace in exchange for a leather pouch.

Thanks for the hunt.

How about a stick to the person who hosts a CITO with the most visitors?

This is a good idead BUT I see only 1 problem. You can almost guess a larger city would win this event. Just because a person lives in a smaller city and hosts a event, doesn't mean they shouldn't have a equal chance. Maybe go off the per capita of the city the event is in? We will be doing something in Eastern Iowa for CITO day. We may not be the biggest area, but we will be glad to do our part.

Hmmm, maybe a 4 corners challenge. The first person (Starting now and not counting previous finds) to find a cache in all 4 cornes of the USA....Washington, California, Maine, and Florida. The winner has to have a pic taken at a cache they found in each state to win.

What about non-americans?

I think something like This: The person that hosts a CITO event and everyone that attend the event will get an entry in a raffle. The Person hosting the event will be the one that will send you the entries for everyone at the event. Because CITO events will be held over a month or so give a set amount of time to get the entries to you. Say a month or so.

GeoCrickets

I think something like This: The person that hosts a CITO event and everyone that attend the event will get an entry in a raffle. The Person hosting the event will be the one that will send you the entries for everyone at the event. Because CITO events will be held over a month or so give a set amount of time to get the entries to you. Say a month or so.

GeoCrickets

This is a good idea. What does everyone else think? Also, how would we get the word to all the host? Maybe this should be moved to the CITO page.

El Diablo

I think something like This: The person that hosts a CITO event and everyone that attend the event will get an entry in a raffle. The Person hosting the event will be the one that will send you the entries for everyone at the event. Because CITO events will be held over a  month or so give a set amount of time to get the entries to you.  Say a month or so.

GeoCrickets

This is a good idea. What does everyone else think? Also, how would we get the word to all the host? Maybe this should be moved to the CITO page.

El Diablo

After you Get things worked out talk to Hydee about putting a notice out. Post it in the CITO Forum. Also do a search for CITO and Email the owners that put the page up so they can list the Staff on their event page.

Richard of the GeoCrickets