We're Hooked

Sandy (Biologist) and I (Marine) got hooked this holiday weekend when we came to Palm Bay to visit her family for Thanksgiving. Cache & Keri (her brother-in-law and sister) told us about it and took us out on Friday. Friday night we were at Boater's World buying our own GPS. Went out this morning and hit three more caches to add to the five we found yesterday with Cache & Keri.

Bad enough I am addicted to Fantasy Football, so any time I had left over is gone for sure now. We are already planning to pick up a travel bug that is lurking in Costa Rica (if it is still there when we go in late February).

Our very first cache find also had a TB which we will be moving up to Jacksonville FL tomorrow.

Great hobby I am just amazed that we had never heard about it until now.

Great to have you! Get out there and get those caches!

And be prepared to explain a LOT of stuff to your friends! Like why you're going out in the woods all the time, why you need more AA batteries, why you have to stop at the Dollar store AGAIN.

They'll get used to it.

Bret

We just introduced our sister-in-law and her husband yesterday too. We all had an awesome day. They too have been reeled in to the whole idea. I know they are researching GPS units today.

CONGRATS on finding an activity that you can do together,is great exercise,something you can make as difficult and challenging or as easy as you want and is an all around good time.

Just one more warning to add to the ones that Cybret mentioned is now everywhere you go you will think "Oh I bet there is a cache in that park" or "Wouldn't this be an awesome place to hide a cache?"

It rocks! HURRAY and WELCOME!

Edited by CacheCreatures
Sandy (Biologist) and I (Marine) got hooked this holiday weekend when we came to Palm Bay to visit her family for Thanksgiving. Cache & Keri (her brother-in-law and sister) told us about it and took us out on Friday. Friday night we were at Boater's World buying our own GPS. Went out this morning and hit three more caches to add to the five we found yesterday with Cache & Keri.

Bad enough I am addicted to Fantasy Football, so any time I had left over is gone for sure now. We are already planning to pick up a travel bug that is lurking in Costa Rica (if it is still there when we go in late February).

Our very first cache find also had a TB which we will be moving up to Jacksonville FL tomorrow.

Great hobby I am just amazed that we had never heard about it until now.

Hey if you are hooked on Fantasy football as well as geocaching, then you need to get to know carleenp. You could comisserate on your shared addictions. :ph34r:

now everywhere you go you will think "Oh I bet there is a cache in that park"  or "Wouldn't this be an awesome place to hide a cache?"

It rocks!  HURRAY and WELCOME!

No one warned me about this before we started! My husband (a non-cacher) sees that look in my eyes as we are driving and knows exactly what I'm thinking about...lol. He's also starting to catch on that our errands are being run in areas that I haven't exhausted the caches yet :ph34r:

To the original poster, welcome...from one newbie to another!

Brandy and her little cachers three :D

I figured out how to use some of my gps functions. Enough to get my first find! I went at night because I knew the area well it is only 1 mile from my home.

What was really neat was in reading the logbook I found out that The neighbor that I lived by a year ago is a geocacher too!I recognized his name.I went thru school with his brother.

always take a flashlight... the worst thing is running out of sun when you can't find the cache. the last thing you will want to do is give up looking because you can't see. this has happened to me and i ended up walking back though the woods blind, but i found the cache. i just wish i would have seen that tree in my path.