CD's in cache

quote:
Originally posted by solohiker:

I have found copies of copywrited material in caches. I took them with me to prevent some unknowing person from committing a crime ;-)

It is hard to tell if the music is copywrited, if you don't listen to it, you did the right thing icon_wink.gif

If trees could scream, would we still cut them down?

Well, maybe if they screamed all the time, for no reason.

Click here for my Geocaching pictures

quote:
Originally posted by solohiker:

I have found copies of copywrited material in caches. I took them with me to prevent some unknowing person from committing a crime ;-)

I'm sure you think your righteous. However no matter how you look at it you took stolen property. That makes you a criminal. Put that in your self-righteous pipe and smoke it.

39197_2700.jpg

I am the result of genetic manipulation of superior Geocacher DNA. Faster, stronger with superior reasoning and logic.

Mokita!

quote:
Originally posted by martmann:

WOW! and I thought solohiker was just kidding around.

I used the Shock and Awh emoticon, I just wanted to pick a fight.

I think it's pathetic that this turns into a copyright flaming. Cacheatolla didn't mention anything about copyright material. A couple of ignorant assumptions and this thread turns sour!

39197_2700.jpg

I am the result of genetic manipulation of superior Geocacher DNA. Faster, stronger with superior reasoning and logic.

Mokita!

quote:
Originally posted by Terrain Master:

Burning music is about as much of a crime as turning right on red. Really.

No, not really. It's theft of work. If you could find a way to screw the RIAA without hurting the artist, I'd be more likely to agree with you, but the fact is that most of the artists get paid based on the number of sales of their CDs.

i hate it when people assume it's ok to just copy my work. how do they think i pay for groceries?

and altough right -on- red is legal in most places, intellectual theft is not.

but i think it's important to note that the thread wan't originally talking about pirating work. i'm thinking of burning bootleg copies of my own concerts for trade. i think i'm allowed to do that.

it doesn't matter if you get to camp at one or at six. dinner is still at six.

I put CD's in caches.

I burn my best digital photos, and home videos to them.

I also put some --- freeware --- programs on them.

I like it cuz i like to let people see the pics i have taken, and show off my home vids i made. I even tell the people to copy and distrubute tthem as much as they like.

I Have made a signature cd. I made it using Swish and its designed to be handed to a non cacher. It autoruns when inserted in a cd drive and has words and pictures etc describing geocaching. Once the "show" is over it has a link to my website and to GC.com

"Before beginning a hunt, it is wise to ask someone what you are looking for before you begin looking for it." Pooh

embi

That's pretty cool. I don't know much about auto run. How did you do it?

Is it part of the burning process?

Or do you just set up an auto run file associated with the vid file?

39197_2700.jpg

Mokita!

quote:
Originally posted by leatherman:

_embi_

That's pretty cool. I don't know much about auto run. How did you do it?

Heres a link for you to have a look at. The software to download to autorun your cd.

Autorun

"Before beginning a hunt, it is wise to ask someone what you are looking for before you begin looking for it." Pooh

quote:
Originally posted by mcdefjef:

I leave CDs of shows from "trade friendly bands" - bands like the dead, phish, moe, etc that encourage you to tape their live shows and spread them around - so long as it is for personal, non-commercial use.

Right On! The Dead started the whole trading scene, if only more bands would follow suit then there would be less of this pirated music bs. I would love to find some Dead CDs or SCI moE MMW and others. Great idea I know what I'm going to be burning and trading now

Wow. 11 pointless posts before the actual question was answered. Maybe 5 posts in all with any substance to the actual topic.

Since the question has been answered I'm closing this thread.

frog.gif Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location™