The first thought through your mind when you find a cache...

Centaur

Ok, there's the cache, I'll hang this bag of doot over here, replace all the goods with these golf balls and chewed McToys & fill it with water, spraypaint the grounspeak guy on this rock, bury the cache 100 feet away because this spot sucks, take a dump on top of it, and then ask for it to be archived because it was 20 feet from a 3 foot drop-off. icon_wink.gif

We all have mental problems, it's just that some of us choose to show them.

Usually, just after cacthing a glimpse of it in it's hiding spot...

"Hurrah! Finally I've found it!"

And after reaching in to grab it...

"Ow! Blasted thorns!"

And then proceed to drip blood all over the log book.

------

O God, I could be bounded in a nutshell, and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams.

Hamlet, II.2 252-253

Originally posted by Centaur:

So, the moment you lay eyes on the cache container, what goes though your head:

This topic made me think, all you DC cachers be REALLY careful. No, I'm not trying to be funny. icon_frown.gif

If your house catches afire, and there aint no water around,

If your house catches afire, and there aint no water around,

Throw your jelly out the window; let the dog-gone shack burn down.

**Huddie Ledbetter**

We're with Jeremy and Rubber Toe ... "it's about time"

Actually, depending on who finds it, we might argue that the hidding place is wrong, or that one was pointing the other in the wrong direction, or you don't know how to work the GPS ... you know husband and wife banter ... icon_smile.gif

But I head out to cache(s) not to pad my accumulation, but to enjoy nature and (forgive me) get away from the family. Geocaching gives me a chance to escape for a few hours a week. Sometimes the wife accuses me of having an affair, but I show her the tracks from my GPS, and I'm clear. The big screwed up tangle of lines showing my insane trek makes it clear that I have no idea where I'm going. If I were having an affair, it would be easy to follow...I would challenge anyone to follow the footprints I've left! Anyway, after seeing the cache, it depends on the difficulty of it. If it's easy, I think, 'ok, cool', If it's hard, my yell of triumph echoes throughout the valley.

We evolve. The data is in the strata.

I have other members of my family that accompany me in the find. Most of the time, I am holding the only GPS. Therefore, I get to the chase alot quicker than the others. In a sense, I give the family a fair if not more fair track to the cache site than I would get for myself. They see me plundering around in a general area, then pick up on my readings(go figure, I've got the only GPS, unless my brother is with us and his GPS, so the teams usually split up).

It's a true pleasure to see a family member (especially my mother, who's 64, to find the cache first. Her eyes light up and the usual saying "I spy with my little eye"). Noodlehead, my four year old daughter loves the cache finds as well as the hides. She loves to find them first (as I guess all little boys and girls would).

Sometimes, I will find the cache first and step back several yards quietly and observe the others in their attempt to find the cache WITHOUT a GPS..... Man!! Seems like to me, I get them in the general area, and there's no need for a GPS! These people have a knack for finding treasure!!! Mind you, some of these have been 1/1 but most have been more difficult. Give a little credit where credit is due. My whole family loves this challenge and the fun that ensues.

Kudos to Jeremy and the administration for such a great way to enjoy the great outdoors and any other place that a cache may be found. Keep up the good work