Ammo cans at reduced price

DutchBoy

I think you may be the one who brought this up before. Have you ordered ammo cans from them and are they in good shape?

Thanks and thats a great price

______________________________________________________________________________________

Bitter New Owner Of a Garmin GPS V Received on 10-03-02

After I ordered a plastic ammo can I'll never go back! $9 icon_biggrin.gif

I have three in the garage. I also picked up one of these too.

If your house catches afire, and there aint no water around,

Throw your jelly out the window; let the dog-gone shack burn down.

**Huddie Ledbetter**

After I ordered a plastic ammo can I'll never go back! $9 icon_biggrin.gif

I have three in the garage. I also picked up one of these too.

Throw your jelly out the window; let the dog-gone shack burn down.

**Huddie Ledbetter**

I've gotten 40 ammo cans from cheaperthandirt, & have not had a bad can in the bunch. All have been in excellent condition. I usually buy them 6 or 8 at a time, & I receive them within a week. In lots of 8, they come in 2 boxes, via ups from Texas to NY, at a shipping cost of $7.98 (for both boxes). I've been very happy with their service.

"Gimpy"

Oh man. I can only imagine the reaction people might have to finding a mortor tube in a park. That high density plastic won't be much use once the bomb squad's called in to detonate it icon_wink.gif

Hehe. You'll definitely want to hide them well.

quote:
Originally posted by Little's Cache:

I biught some mortor tubes from http://www.majorsurplusnsurvival.com

Good price and they are waterproof

Doug

--------

trippy1976

migo_sig_logo.jpg

Oh man. I can only imagine the reaction people might have to finding a mortor tube in a park. That high density plastic won't be much use once the bomb squad's called in to detonate it icon_wink.gif

Hehe. You'll definitely want to hide them well.

quote:
Originally posted by Little's Cache:

I biught some mortor tubes from http://www.majorsurplusnsurvival.com

Good price and they are waterproof

Doug

--------

trippy1976

migo_sig_logo.jpg

I was a mortor tube early adopter and, yes, they do seem more than a bit spooky. I wrote "HARMLESS" in big letters on mine. More than a few GC'ers have wanted to hide CD's in my cache and couldn't. They won't fit. But you can hang a green mortor tube by the carry handle, say up in a tree.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but don't bet on it.

I've also used mortar tubes which I bought from a different supplier than listed above, but it appears to be the same product. I think it would do fine underwater, but here's what I've noticed about the mortar tubes.

I ordered a few and notice some are a bit dirty or dusty. I washed them out with soap and water, removed the rubber gasket and cleaned that with soap and water as well. Then before re-installing the rubber gasket, I coated it in vaseline to help with the waterproofing and to keep it from drying out. I believe this will keep any contents 100% waterproof IF the container is closed properly. When closing the top, it must be screwed tightly until you hear or feel a click. Othwerwise, it may only appear to be sealed. I think it makes an excellent cache container.

We put some rocks in a .50 cal. ammo can & submerged it at the bottom of our pool overnight, to see how well it would fare. After about 9 hrs., bone dry inside. Don't know how it would hold up over a very long period of time, but sure held up well over a short term.

"Gimpy"

I found a surplus guy with some 105mm stowage cases. These are used for transporting the 105mm howitzer round and are about 36" long and a little over 5" inside diameter and a very positive screw down seal--over 3 gallons in volume.

$5

Got some SAW cans (slightly larger than a .50 cal box) for $8!

The .30 cal boxes we got for only $1, but had to buy volume. CHEAPER THAN TUPPERWARE!!! No bad ones, but some are a little rusty. We use them to swap out bad containers--no one has complained yet!

CR

I know that an ammo can would stay dry but I like the looks of a tube type container for the underwater cache.

Would the Mortar tube be easy to screw open after sitting underwater for a month? Could some type of growth make the threads jamb up? I like the look of the Mortar tubes and I think I will give it a shot.