Geocache Rock Containers

Make one. Take some paper mache (sp?) and fashion a mold...If you want, use a REAL rock to mold it around, let it harden, and pour in some concrete, while creating a cache container by fusing in a magnetic keyholder, or some other container that will allow you to slip a lid into to seal it. You could do that with a number of sized to accomodate just about anything. You could use quart paint cans for 'mid-size' rocks, and pint cans for smaller ones perhaps. Just a thought.

Brian

Team A.I.

You need to check out our first two caches if you ever get a chance. They are not rocks but the principle of 'natural' hides has proved to be a good one.

I wish I hadn't posted this in a way coz it is a sort of a spoiler for the caches. I wonder if I can go back and get rid of it? (grin)

A recent cache of mine was hidden in a clay stone (a 35mm pot with the end poking out).

At the time I thought it was pretty clever, but it got plundered within 24 hours.

Might have had something to do with the fact that it was terracotta coloured, and I hid it amoungst a pile a flint. icon_rolleyes.gif

------

An it harm none, do what ye will

soapbox.gif

They sell those pipe covers that are shaped and painted to look like a large rock at home repair stores. I admit that they look kind of fake, but you maybe able to paint it or something to make it blend in with the surrounding area. I believe it is large enough to fit an ammo can under.

Try garden supply stores or fabric/craft stores, we found a medium sized, hollow, plastic rock-a garden decoration- that looks enough like a rock from behind that we had to buy it. It looks real & great up on our shelf and we laugh every time we think about placing it!

-Jennifer

According to his or her personal experience, each person must decide by himself or herself where they have been. Always for me the most important thing is not where the others have gone but the experience lived through.-Reinhold Messner

quote:
Originally posted by carleenp:

http://www.fakerock.com/Default.htm

Geez... Some of these are expensive!

http://outbreakcorp.hypermart.net/animation/pokemon/pokeanim3.gif

Yeah thats them. I figure if you stick it out in the middle of a forest with no other rocks around it would look out of place, but if you were to place it near a creek bed or some place similar it may blend in more.