A handy gizmo

oweno

I was at a local computer store the other day (Comp USA) and spotted a thing called "Sticky Pad". The idea is that you stick it on the dash of your car and put things like PDAs or cellphones on top of the pad and they stay put. No glue on either side, they're made of some sort of sticky plastic. "Hmmmm ...", says I, "this might work well for my new Sportrak."

So I bought one and indeed, it does work fine for the GPS, cellphone, etc. I like it for the GPS as the antenna can 'look' out the window and it don't slide all over the place when I corner.

I think that they're a tad overpriced at 8 bucks - seems like 5 would be more like a fair price but there you have it and I'm happy with it. I'm sure that a purpose-built holder would work better for the GPS but this thing works with things other than the GPS unit...and also, you can stick your glasses there and they stay put too.

You can look at the thing at handstands.com - probably find a local dealer too. The website has them in several vile colors but the computer store only carried an sickly shade of brown.

regards to all ...

Owen

They work pretty good ... and do collect dust but can be revived by washing with water ... mentions it in the instructions. I never remember to take mine ... so in hind sight it was a waste of money ... oh, wait it was a gift. OK ... a waste of someone else's money.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Co-founder of the "NC/VA GEO-HOG ASSOCIATION"

... when you absolutely have to find it first!

I have one and it works pretty well. If I corner hard though, the GPS goes flying, but 90 percent of the time, it's fine. A cheap alternative to the Garmin auto mount.

"You can't make a man by standing a sheep on his hind legs. But by standing a flock of sheep in that position, you can make a crowd of men" - Max Beerbohm