How messy is your car?

azog

This week, I traded in my old car, and as I was cleaning it out, I was mildly stunned over the detritus which had collected.

More than half of it was related to geocaching activities:

- Dozens of empty water bottles

- Many empty coffee cups from those early morning runs

- maps

- more maps

- cache printout sheets, of course

- mud and it's dried cousin, dust

- uncounted spent AA batteries

Just to name a few.

----------

Do not answer a fool according to his folly, lest you be also be like him.

There comes a time each fall when I clean out all the loose golf balls rolling around in the bottom of my Jeep and replace them with loose shotgun shells. Then, in spring, I clean out all the loose shotgun shells and put the golf balls back.

Always wear proper caching safety equipment!

60748_1200.jpg

I carry all of my camping gear in the back of my outback. In the backseat there are various bags of pet food and kitty litter that I havn't brought in yet, along with some crutches (sprained an ankle awhile back), many empty pop cans, various jackets and shoes, and maps. Until recently, I had 2 huge rolls of carpet in there too. The passenger seat is quite clean though and I did wash the extremely dirty car today.

pokeanim3.gif

Stays pretty clean inside... All the junk for searching is in a canvas brief case. The car doubles as a show car so it has to stay clean and trunk empty.

My F-150 and Excursion are a different story. The king cab truck has a useless backseat (except for storing junk). I don't litter so all of my cars have stray cans, cups, wrappers and bags.

My daughter drives the Nissan that has a force to attract inanimate objects. I can't even get in that car unless she cleans it out some.

Somebody get this guy out of my car please.. icon_biggrin.gif

Santa_Thing.jpg

Fair winds, Capn Skully

My cachemobile is packed and ready to go. In the trunk there's a full tent setup, tarps, sleeping bag, towels, blankets, spare shoes/socks, hiking sticks, and a toboggan.

Inside the car: a mass of empty and full water bottles, granola bar wrappers, used tissues, street map, several benchmark sheets, empty film canisters, ziploc snack bag with half a bag of Cheetos and two granola bars, and a handful of pens and pencils. Also some gravel and leaves on the floormats. Otherwise not too bad icon_biggrin.gif

Remember that happiness is a way of travel, not a destination. - Roy M. Goodman

Everything in order ready to go.Always be ready to go in a moments notice.***,knife,Backpack,all the neccessities, first aide kit,File insert with logs ready to go,dayminder,GPSr's,compass's,pencils,pens,fire,water,(firewater),air,hockey tickets,you might get to see a hockey game on the way,laser,flashlight,xtra batteries,this time of year shovel, water, blankets,de-icer,food,extra set of clothes.Me and my horse,(Truck) just got in from a short day of benchmarking,put away in good condition all clean full of gas ,oil and all ready to go.Logged all benchmarks visited and now have time to write you this.....

When all else fails Geotry again.

My Jeep Cherokee Sport is crammed with junk and stuff. I'm, by design, not particularly neat. I've got old caching papers all over, old batteries, etc. I've got survival stuff in the back, fishing gear, tarps, boxes of miscellaneous items, etc. I do try to clean it out once a month or so though...at least the front seat. Also caching containers...coffee cans, ammo boxes, etc. Hiking stuff...stick and boots.

quote:
Originally posted by W8TVI:

I leave my all sorts of garbage in it so I can hide stuff like my camera and no one looking in will be able to tell that there is anything of value in side it...

I tried that. They still took the CDs I had in the car--along with the new $700 stereo and the car itself. Then, they burnt it down to the metal. I could see just enough to know they didn't take the stereo. My guess is they probably let the CDs burn as well.

The replacement car has just as much junk (but not the CDs or stereo,) and will be celebrating it's fifth birthday next month.

Very messy. Its full of scattered cache pages, some bungee cords, empty water bottles and orange juice containers, twine, some sections of week-old newspapers, extra clothing, pens, pencils, cigar wrappers, and extra outdoor clothing. I just bought a new Honda CRV and picked it up from the dealer Friday, so I was thinking of just setting my old car on fire. It would be easier than cleaning it (if you're an insurance company fraud investigator, I'm only kidding).

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues" - Abraham Lincoln

well... ya know? lots of junk makes a car ride quieter.

But mine only has the CDs, mouth wash (ya never know when some doll may want a ride), a snow/ice scraper, and if going treking or geocaching add:

a pack - if a long walk

Sony Mav 95 camera and several floppy disks

fanny pack - medium walks

cell phone

GPSr

lap top (not yet- working on it)

me

(it is a Honda, DelSol, so if the wife wants to go -OK- ... if any grand kids want to tag then we have to take the Chevy Surb.)

..what's in the Surb. .. I ain't going there..

it belongs to Quilt Bug, ask her

** The worst suggestion of a life time may be the catalyst to the best idea of the century, don't fail to listen to suggestions.

Let's see--cache pages, trade items, garbage from the trails, fast food wrappers, drink bottles--mostly Mountain Dew Code Red, ammo cans, etc. BTW, 7.62mm (aka .30 cal) ammo cans make great CD cases as well as cache containers, but they do tend to make quite a bit of noise when you drive like Starsky and Hutch like I do.

Think Globally, Act Locally

MnGCA-Button.gif

Lucklily the 2002 Subaru Forester comes with a pull out cover to hide everything in the way back. So after I pulled the side of beef out of my car today, I scanned the contents. I'll try to remember what was there:

Rain gear, several umbrellas, Hagstrom's map books for Western CT, Fairfield County CT, Litchfield County CT, and Rhode Island. A big sponge, lots of cache pages, and topo maps. Emergency Road Kit, Tool Kit, Citronella Bug repellant burner, bungie cords, cassette tapes, wool shirt, scarf, gloves, tackle bag, 2 hiking sticks, a blaze orange hat, my briefcase, a box with a few calendars left in it, a crushed Gennessee ale can (trashed out), and some other odds and ends I can't recall. And I didn't lookunder the seats.

Cache you later,

Planet

"To err is human, to forgive....$5.00"

Most of my friends/coworkers have very clean vehicles. Mines a pit. I can blame it on the kids (3) but I'm just as big a culprit. Not only do I not litter, I also recycle so I can't even ditch stuff at the gas station. Every once in a while I hit the recycle stations (no curbside pickup here!) and reclaim the seats and floor space. And yes, much of the trash is related to geocaching...

GeoMedic - team leader of GeoStars

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.

I cleaned out the backseat of the Oldsmobeast this weekend. It held:

• My caching backpack

• An additional backpack which contains two changes of clothing, tons of spare batteries, additional tradables, granola bars, parachute cord, various tape, about twenty film canisters with trash bags inside, etc.

• a duffle bag with climbing supplies

• a duffle bag with 'dog-gear' (blanket, treats, retractible lead, regular lead, folding bowl)

• two ready-to-hide 'ammo box' caches

• an ammo box full of cache-repair materials

• an ammo box full of micro-cache materials (film canisters, log sheets, velcro, magnets, goop, scissors)

• camera case (Canon eos, lenses, tripod, film) - this should not have been left in the car, I removed it)

• a half-case of bottled water

• hiking boots

• spare coat

• fire extinguisher

• ice scraper

• two novels

• map book of the surrounding counties

• state topo book

• umbrella

You will note that there was no trash. I throw this in a bag and remove it daily.

Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.

Use my 94 extended cab Ford truck with the shell over the bed, in the back seat where

12 empty water bottles

3 empty Gatorade bottles

5 empty MT Dew bottles

1 Partially filled Welches Grape bottle

Alot of empty power bar and food wrappers

Few paintballs rolling around

Cache sheets

Maps

rope

assorted bungee cords

assorted chargers

my portable police scanner

two paintball guns( My sterling Pump and one of my autocockers)

Goggles

bicycle chain

back issues of some Magazines

about 5 lbs of dirt ( used to be mud)

cd jewel cases everywhere

pens

pencils

My extended Bush whacking pack

and i am not even going in the back of the truck since i carry a few equipment cases back there locked

2 Paintball Equipment Cases

Tool Locker full of tools

Motorcross equipment case

Etc.

On the bright side i got to clean my truck out this morning in the snow and watch the sun come up...it was beautiful!

Darkmoon

No, I am not lost...i am where I am suppose to be...I think?

Ok here goes the things I can remeber!

2 camera set ups

one digi one 35 mil

3 tripods

ALl my snowboarding gear

All my hiking gear

my day pack ---random items inside

my cache bag

upteen dead AA batteries

about 30 maps

my spot light

oh those cd's i just found ---thats where they went LOL

set of devil stix's

3 travel mugs for tea

2 boxes of tea

5 cache print outs

I 'm sure i will find more next time itake out everything and clean xiola( my car)