Discussion Forums? Anyone else think it would be nice?

Just wondering if anyone else out there thinks that discussion forums on here would be a nice thing to have? The live chat is great, but there are a lot of things that could probably be handled much more easily in a discussion forum enviroment, especially "Can you help me with" type of issues. Something for the admins to consider? Just thinking out loud......

quote:
Originally posted by majicman:

I think it is a wonderful idea. What we really need is someone to set up a website where we could discuss geocaching too!

--majicman

Oooooooooo could we maybe also have a place to list hidden and found caches??????

Lapaglia icon_cool.gif

Muga Muchu (forget yourself, focus)

Hey - how about we all go and hide some "stuff" in a "container" and then hide that container somewhere.

Now, if there was just some way to express the position of that hidden container without actually giving word directions... any one got an idea?

--majicman

quote:

Now, if there was just some way to express the position of that hidden container without actually giving word directions... any one got an idea?

Well, that's the easy part! We just use natural coordinates StatusQuo©

If carrots are so good for the eyes, how come I see so many dead rabbits on the highway?

quote:

I heard of something like this, but it involves the launching of a series of satellites which would transmit data to a handheld receiver. Anyone know anything of this?

- - - - -

Wisconsin Geocaching Association

quote:
Originally posted by Markwell:

What about a search feature on the discussion boards? That way if it was discussed previously, we wouldn't have to repeat ourselves. We could just link to the past discussion.

http://www.markwell.us

http://www.chicagogeocaching.com

GREAT IDEA! I wonder why nobody thought of that one before?

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

This is something I don't understand. On the other site there is live chat and instant messenger. So everytime this subject comes up, I feel I have the right to tell you guys about it.

The more knowledge, the better right.......

We just happen to find out about that site first, and really got use to all the features. The members all seem to be very cool, and have always given us good advice. So feel free to check it out for yourselves.

Upinyachit

icon_smile.gif

Our feet go where the caches are! feet.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Markwell:

What about a search feature on the discussion boards? That way if it was discussed previously, we wouldn't have to repeat ourselves. We could just link to the past discussion.

And then we could give it a cool nickname... icon_eek.gif