600 Hornet? Ya must be mad..WELL DONE!

Ben Pid

Very well done Peter. A great acheivement.

You could have probably done even more if you didn't have to truck your grandad round with you all the time. icon_smile.gif

Remember, the next 100 is always the hardest.

Cheers

Alex (&Kim)

------------------------------------------------

Knights of the Green Shield stamp and shout.....

Many thanks to all the good wishes. It's certainly been a fun quest which I have every intention of continuing. 4 figures - that's a formidable thought but who knows. With the ever growing number of caches I see no reason why it's impossible!

As for highlights etc., that's difficult as the more recent caches figure more strongly in my ageing, fading memory.

Rather than mention specific caches I would like to thank Dan & Pid for their ever expanding lessons into the peculiarities of the Buckinghamshire countryside. For Pharisee in his ever more imaginitive ways of making life difficult. For Tim & June for brightening up every cache they place or visit. For Grandad for making our joint caching expeditions so lively. For Slytherin for his sharing his love of real ales whenever we meet. For The Cat & Teasel for their invaluable caching tools. For Chris n Maria for their showing me that Essex doesn't just consist of, well you know what! (and for the invaluable Waypoint Workbench).

And especially to EVERYONE who has placed a cache for me to find.

Finally there was a low point. The "laurels" for the worst cache ever has to be split between two I did earlier in the year when I was in California. The lamest location was a film container stuck in the end of some Armco crash barrier by the side of a nondescript road. Utterly pointless!!

The daftest location was just down the road with a small magnetic box attached to the back of some electrical switchgear in the middle of a high school. Not only was the location not public, but can you imagine how I felt, as a single, middle aged man, looking furtiveley around school grounds and fumbling behind this electical installation with a small black box in my hands?!!!! I hate to think what would have happened if I'd been spotted and reported.

I wonder what the next 600 have in store?

Enthusiastic user of GeocacheUK - Information, not control.

It is better to regret something you did, rather than to regret something you didn't do.

quote:
Originally posted by The Hornet:

As for highlights etc., that's difficult as the more recent caches figure more strongly in my ageing, fading memory.

Ah, come on! What about that morning you woke up to find that you had bought everyone in the pub a drink the previous evening?

And who could forget that image of you "racing" down that steep embankment having just put your hand into a wasp's nest??

Memories.........................

icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif