What I've learned through Geocaching

1) That brambles, holly and all prickle bearing shrubs grow both faster and more luxuriant when a tupperware box is placed beneath.

2) Should we ever be attacked by an opposition force we can upset their navigational plans by making them stand under a tree.

Finding your caches - Losing my marbles.

The English countryside might look green and pleasant, but nobody every mentioned how many of the plants want to hurt hurt you. Getting mired in mud is the least of your problems compared to brambles, thistles, holly bushes, nettles, thorns and gorse bushes.

The cache is usually in the most pain inflicting bit of a given 35 foot radius, and even when it isn't you'll end up searching that bit just because it would seem logical it should be there.

Don't mention the mushrooms

1)More reinforcement of previous learning,

when searching a given area, the absence of the normal, or the presence of the abnormal indicate something hidden. This has proved to be so true in seeking the hiding places of caches. Observation of the ground has certainly sharpened greatly.

2)The quickest route between two points is rarely the straightest.

3)Children and prickly bushes rarely mix well icon_wink.gif

Mark and family

1)More reinforcement of previous learning,

when searching a given area, the absence of the normal, or the presence of the abnormal indicate something hidden. This has proved to be so true in seeking the hiding places of caches. Observation of the ground has certainly sharpened greatly.

2)The quickest route between two points is rarely the straightest.

3)Children and prickly bushes rarely mix well icon_wink.gif

Mark and family

I don't drive my car in beer gardens, and I find the sunshades interfere with the signal so forget 6m or 20m, I think 35ft away is about right.

Now now, LIS, you certainly don't have the monopoly on insulting me. The day the insults stop I shall really start to feel like an old fogey! icon_smile.gif

It is better to regret something you did, rather than to regret something you didn't do.

I don't drive my car in beer gardens, and I find the sunshades interfere with the signal so forget 6m or 20m, I think 35ft away is about right.

Now now, LIS, you certainly don't have the monopoly on insulting me. The day the insults stop I shall really start to feel like an old fogey! icon_smile.gif

It is better to regret something you did, rather than to regret something you didn't do.

These are all the things we have learned, In Order

The ease of finding a cache is in direct proportion to the time available for searching.

There's no such thing as a straight line between two points!

A compass would rather point to a magnetic booty nugget in your shirt pocket than where it's supposed to!

8 Square Meters can be a blooming big area!

That 6 seconds is a short period of time... but a rather large piece of ground

What a diference a season can make !

It's better to be indoor's wishing you were out there, than to be out there wishing you were indoors

Just because the GPS knows where it's going don't mean you do!

Should we ever be attacked by an opposition force we can upset their navigational plans by making them stand under a tree.

and one that try as we might we just can't learn

When caching in woodland or forest, always remember to waypoint where you left the car!

Thanks to the original authors.

Its nice to know its not just us!