Why No Progress Checker for Souvenir Promotion

K13

Yes, I agree - I have just looked at the 'friends leaderboard' which used to be the 'go to' list to check out where you were at with these souvenir challenges - and that seems all over the place too

Currently it shows 'week of' and is giving todays date - understandable I guess as it is a Monday 
However it only shows the 11 caches I found today - none of the ALs

Clicking on the Week of 17/4/2023 it gives you options - this week and last week 

Clicking on last week it shows I have found 7 ALs - dated 17/4/23 - the ones I found today !!!
I didn't find these before mid-day so can't see this as a PST/BST time-frame thing 
Though it does seem similar to the issue that I brought up regarding searching using the date found filter (as per the attached link) 

58 minutes ago, Nylimb said:

How do you find scripts like that?  When I go to project-gc's search page for challenge checkers https://project-gc.com/Tools/Challenges, I only see checkers for challenge caches, not for things like the Wheel of Challenges.

It's not a checker that's associated with a challenge so won't be found by a challenge search. Scripts can still be made and run independently. It was put together by @Hügh to help specifically with this statistical anomaly :P

6 hours ago, TheVoytekBear said:

I know it's not the same, but the official app shows the find count in the profile tab as a sub text of the statistics link. I expect it will serve as a checker for the next challenges as well...Screenshot_20230423_130707_Geocaching.thumb.jpg.c2e4fa317ec8bcc186f5c6e438499fc3.jpg

That text counts finds in the current month, ie. April 1 - 30. However, the promotion only runs April 3 - 30 (first Monday to last Sunday.) So that count is not correct. 

Also, it has always shown finds in the current month, so I doubt they will make any changes for the future challenges. 

1 hour ago, Hügh said:

Also, it has always shown finds in the current month, so I doubt they will make any changes for the future challenges. 

Oh, I didn't know that. I use the official app mainly for messaging...

On the other hand, I couldn't find the monthly count in the GC statistics via web, so it seems the only Checker is getting the souvenir or running some 3rd party scripts.

2 hours ago, TheVoytekBear said:

On the other hand, I couldn't find the monthly count in the GC statistics via web, so it seems the only Checker is getting the souvenir or running some 3rd party scripts.

In the Finds Per Month section on your Statistics page, scroll to the far right and hover your mouse over the current month:

image.png.fba4118fa5f7ad63501fdfa288f9c0a9.png

This also includes finds on the first two days of the month which aren't in the current promotion, so you'll need to manually subtract those.

• Helpful 3
1 hour ago, Forest-Ghost said:

Has anyone made a checker for the out and about challenge?

See:

If I create any checkers for future wheel Challenges, I'll post them over in that thread.

• Helpful 1