Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

You gonna drive that dude in the road rally??

One more day of school for the week...whewwwwwww. Maybe Friday I can hit 200!

Hasta luego! (I had Spanish class tonight)

Jaimee icon_cool.gif

Before criticizing others, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you do the criticizing, you will have their shoes AND be a mile away!

quote:
Originally posted by C&MMorris:

Hey George, How did it drive? I cant wait to see it. Mike

Flying is the 2nd greatest thrill known to man...Landing is the 1st

I'm not used to driving it yet. It's really high up. I was doing 70 most of the way. May said I got up to 80. It could use a steering dampener, it's a little twitch. I don't feel much play in the steering, if I trun it a little it goes that way. Wiring needs work. I looked into a new harness but I want to fix some of the wiring soon and save the harness for when I have time.

george

Remember: Half the people you meet are below average.

5867_200.gif

quote:
Originally posted by C&MMorris:

If we can talk Kurt and Pat into comeing over we can get your wiring and me body lift done all in the same day.

SHOOOO-EEEEEEE...now there's some kinda fun! There's this word on the tip of my tongue, but I just can't seem to get it out. Mike, can you help me??? I think it might start with an "R" and end with a "K"!! icon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

Jaimee

Before criticizing others, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you do the criticizing, you will have their shoes AND be a mile away!

quote:
Originally posted by LuvOzzy:

You gonna drive that dude in the road rally??

!

I'd like to, but I'm were not making any plans since things with kelley are kind of up in the air. After she gets tested and we figure out what needs to be done we can see if we're free.

george

5867_200.gif

Well, I finally hit the 200 mark tonight! And, the cool thing is, it was Pat's newest placed cache that was find #200. It would have been a cache in Tracy, but we had to go back to Pat's cache after our original visit there because too many people were around. We then had problems finding one of the caches in Tracy, so back to Ceres we came. There were still folks around at about 11:15, but I was able to get to it this time.

Now I have to do some cleaning and get four or five area caches off my first few pages. They are ones that didn't interest me for various reasons, but now they are just staring me in the face and daring me to come hunt them down!

I am tired now and off to bed!

Jaimee icon_biggrin.gif

Good job Jaimee on hitting #200. I'm going out today finally and one I have planned is your letter box it looks like fun. First I must purchase a stamp, hope I can find a Pepper.

I'm coming up behind ya'll slooowww. I'll get there and have fun doing it.

Have a great day all

Pepper

Horizontals where it's at!

quote:
Originally posted by SuperGenius:

Just got back from the Valley found two, still stumped on another, Grrrrr darn you George, and got started on a new multi put out by Hotfoot.

Jaimee

As far as the Letter Box goes I will have to wait untill I can find a suitable stamp!

Pepper

I'm at work.. which cache was it?

george

5867_200.gif

allright...newbie question. What does TNLN mean?

Since those last few caches of mine were so easy to find, i'm gonna step it up and make the next few tougher.... I'll have 2-3 new ones for you guys in tracy by next weekend.

As for those recipes George, I've never made any, but I do have venison steaks in my freezer!

KURTULEAS

Hey Kurt

TNLN means "took nothing, left nothing." That is what I seem to be doing more and more these days, especially on the tiny little caches.

When we first started caching, most of the caches we found were on a larger scale and allowed for lots more trading options. I was just commenting on that last night how the majority of newer caches seem to be micros - not complaining, just making an observation.

Jaimee

I hadn't thought of that idea, Mary..good one! Anatomy was a BIT better yesterday, but that is only because one of my friends was able to add the class so we chatted the entire time. BADDDDD students!! icon_eek.gif

Not sure what is next on my plate. I have several clean-up caches to do around here, along with some maintainence on my placed caches. Since this weekend is supposed to be a bit cooler, I might do some of that..or I might not! Lots of homework since I didn't do any during the week.

Pepper...Pat said to tell you the Rhinos are in his new Cabella's catalog!

Anyone have any fun plans for the weekend?

Jaimee icon_cool.gif

Watch out Jaimee, I'm right behind you... (25 is behind 200! - really!) I hope to one day be in your shoes. But now, I need to get back to the grind stone. Maybe I'll meet my goal to plant one in Tracy this weekend (I've been plotting and sceaming).

Hey Ron, How's the garage doing? Find any more of clever caches?? Keep 'em coming.

Ref: "Enough philosophizing for now...I think I hear a garage project calling....caching related of course. "

Gearge, you might be a Red Neck if you know where all the URL's are to take the tests... icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Have a great weekend all.

Bill of Green Achers

"A closed mouth gathers no feet!"

I just went outside and it is really chilly out. I can't believe how quickly the temperature cooled off.

Jaimee

It looks like your kind of caching weather has arrived.

Hey Mike

I just finished watching Midway on t.v., one of my all time favorite WWII movies.

Mary

5867_200.gif

Hey Mary, That is one of my favorite movies also. I always enjoy those old war movies. I just bought A BRIDGE TO FAR, another old time favorite. If you want to borrow it let me know. I have several others also. all on DVD.

Jaimee, Congrats on your 200th find, I'm glad that we where there to see it.

(signed) THE REDNECK

Flying is the 2nd greatest thrill known to man...Landing is the 1st

I placed a mini-cache (ferdon's folly) in Oakland in the parking lot of an office building, which I would ASSUME would be private property (aren't most parking lots?) Is that kosher? I just got a post from a guy that said he wouldn't look for it because:

#1 it's on private property

#2 it looks like it may be in bushes and he does not want to contibute to breaking limbs and ruining bushes

Is it me, or is this guy just an idiot? The cache is at:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=35221

If this is true, I am pretty sure Green Grizzly is on someone elses property, as well as orange crush, Zebra, homies day & night etc

As for the breaking bushes stuff, the bushes by the cashe are not even thick! Just SHRUBBERY!!! NI!

I've gone through a LOT more brush than that looking for caches. His post also kinda bugged me because I think it would turn away future cachers, and god the cache is not even that hard to find....My buddy rick found it in less than 5 minutes. Anyway, did I do something wrong?

(signed) THE OTHER REDNECK

[This message was edited by kurtuleas on September 07, 2002 at 10:16 AM.]

Kurt....take the guy's comments with a grain of salt. If you look at each and every cache page, you will find that many, many, many of them are more than likely on "private property" to some extent. If he chooses to not look for them for whatever reason, that is his choice. It's nice that we have such law-abiding citizens..makes the world a much better place. icon_biggrin.gif

Also, if you are concerned about his comments preventing other people from hunting for the cache, there is a really simple way to remedy that: Delete his post. It's not a find, so it isn't going to change his count or anything.

Jaimee icon_cool.gif

I suppose parking lots are private property, but I have found many caches in parking lots and parking garages. I have also looked in many bushes for caches and have ended up with itchy, scratched up hands, but didn't break any branches.

I do not see any harm in placing a cache in a parking lot, those signs are posted there to discourage other people from taking up the parking spaces. It is afterall a parking lot, not a national park. People drive their cars in and out of them and I don't see any harm in placing a cache in one.

I have noticed that there are people monitoring caches lately and I'm not sure what their agendas are. If this guy didn't want to go for the cache, then no one is forcing him. I personally would have no problem going after it, and I probably will do so soon.

As for his note, I wouldn't worry about it because once people starting finding it his note will fade into the background.

Of course, this is just my oppinion...

Mary

5867_200.gif

Last time I did a parking lot cache, their security came over to hassle me. Quick talking and luck got me out of the jam (I introduced the guy to Geocaching and he was interested - I didn't give up the location).

I think it's a mistake to post a negative comment regarding one's personal standards (learned that the hard way). icon_rolleyes.gif I now reserve any of my comments to a dirrect email or I just avoid the cache altogether. That's just the price of not always going with the flow.

If you're ok with your cache, then delete the negative posting. (If you feel the need, send the guy a kind email explaining your rebutal and thank him for his past input). If your not comfortable with the cache, that's no big deal either... it can be closed out. As we say in Ham Radio when we make some mistake, "That's why they call it AMATEUR Radio." Geocachers make mistakes - at least I have.

Also, don't be offended if I don't hunt it. There are plenty of people that will and they'll most likely enjoy it too.

Keep on caching and don't sweat the small things.

Bill of Green Achers

I saw his post and it made me feel the same it made you feel, and it's not even my cache. I have done one of his caches before, and it was a major problem(plus you had to dig in bushes to get it). He was asked to remove it by the LAW and he put a fight. He also deleted several negative posts. Hmmm... sounds like double standards to me. So he can place caches like that, but he won't find um, W.E.L.

Pepper

....probably caching going on in some form or another.

I didn't do any cache finding Saturday or today (Sunday) but there's always cache making and cache placing to consider too.

Marilyn and I and the dog went hiking in the Berryessa area today....she used to live in Vacaville...30 years ago...so we looked at some of her old haunts too.

A good cache to go for is Jester in Vacaville. I found it a couple of weeks ago...it's fun.

The weather is getting better all the time for cache work, but still hot days ahead until November probably !

Ron

I've never been lost. Fearsome confused sometimes, but never lost.

quote:
Originally posted by ZachNLiam:

I assume everyone is out caching! We're going out this afternoon for a few South of here (down Merced way). Have work to do until 3 or 4, I hope that'll give us enough daylight!

We've been out at Micke Grove Park today. Talk about a place needing a cache! I'm not sure if it would be ok with them but seeing how they'd rake in $4 per Geocacher, maybe they'd agree(d). icon_wink.gif Ron has a couple nice staches in the area but I couldn't get my family interested.

Now home, I was hoping to come home and find an email regarding my new Tracy cache but found nothing yet. I'm interested to find out if I did my job correctly (and math too). Guess everyone's just busy this weekend... Geocaching and enjoying this weather. In case anyones interested, it's Centroid of the Tracy Triangle and I hope it's enjoyed.

Bill of Green Achers

...Well, it's 8 pm and getting dark, so some folks may be on the way home and start logging finds, etc.

I went out at 5:30 to Oak Grove Regional Park in Stockton and found one of the Morris caches...Old oak...but couldn't find the Money Tree cache.

It's a toughie (I think) since I couldn't find it, but its difficulty is only 2. I'll be talking to Mike on the phone about this one...asking for help before I go in again Monday morn.

Looked like a few people had been tromping around there, but I was FTF on the other cache, so if anyone was looking for Money Tree, they didn't log the other one.

Beautiful weather...Lake Berryessa hike was a sucessful one..1.5 miles to rock foundations of an old homesteaders.

Later...Ron

I've never been lost. Fearsome confused sometimes, but never lost.

I did no caches this weekend. I had errands to run Friday and then decided to go up to Sacramento to visit my mom yesterday. We had printed out some caches to hit in Sacramento, but the mall called my name and we didn't make it to the cache sites!

I think I am a bit burnt on caching at the moment. If I take a break for a bit, hopefully my desire for the hunt will resurface.

Homework calls...have a good week everyone.

Jaimee icon_cool.gif

Went and grabbed your caches today. Good redneck/white trash caches all the way. The log on Timber Wolf still smells like chew. I think I saw some tobacco flakes sticking to the inside of the container.

Went out to the Morris' and got the brake lights working, that's good, still more to do on that old bronco. Mike adjusted my carb a little and now it won't idle.. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif Thanks Mike icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

I'm going to try to go online and look up the Holley manual.

Mike also saved me a trip to go out and check on Maxwell's Silver Hammer. There have been a couple DNF's on it (Randy), and I was worried that it was gone. Mike found it right away. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif Thanks Mike icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

george

5867_200.gif

Please, please, please tell me you ain't no football fan!!!! icon_razz.gif

I usually go into mourning this time each year because I absofreakinglutely HATE football.

It's okay if you like it Pepper...we all have our downfalls..hee heee heeeeeeeee icon_biggrin.gif

Jaimee

My caching takes a hit because of football. We had a scrimmage friday night for my HS team in Richmond, I had to hang my father-in-law's Plasma TV Saturday (took ALL day), and finally went to the Raiders game on Sunday. Needless to say my wife was not too happy and it left zero time for me to get any caching in.

As for that Oakland cache, I think I am just going to leave that post up and then torture the guy by placing a bunch of really hard caches in Oakland. Maybe a few like "Orange crush" or "zebra" just to really tick the guy off.

Maybe I'll place a few "ghetto caches" in the front yards of various crack-houses, now THOSE would be 5/5 caches. (Just Kidding)

KURTULEAS

hmmmm... We just missed it then. We had great gps readings, so we'll have to go back soon. It didn't help that when we tried it the first time we took the hard way in, and six hours later I was still pulling little sticker things off my legs!

Also it was hot and the kids were upset because they didn't want to walk any farther, but they hated being out of sight of us (even though they were 20 feet away) more.

We'll take the correct way in this time and hopefully have better luck!

I went to check on Green Way Sunday morning since Pat had told me that the cache was not how I had hid it.

It stood out more than it did when I originally placed it. I went back and reset the situation. I also put a big note on the page and made it members only again.

george

5867_200.gif

quote:
Originally posted by georgeandmary:

I went to check on Green Way Sunday morning since Pat had told me that the cache was not how I had hid it.

It stood out more than it did when I originally placed it. I went back and reset the situation. I also put a big note on the page and made it members only again.

george

http://img.Groundspeak.com/track/5867_200.gif

I thought you placed that rather odd but as it didn't go down when I pressed on it, I left it as found and snapped a photo.

Anyway, today sucked...

I wanted to go geocaching but had to work around here (on Dusty the tractor). To make it worse, it was hot. And that wasn't enough as there was no air movement to clear the dust. Then things went Jelly Side Down when I reached of my cell phone... it fell off! Well, I know the area it's at but it's like looking for a nettle in a dust bowl. (Oh, Yes, I did try calling it to make it ring out it's location). Anyone interested in a Geo-Cell-Cache hunt??? The battery will last about 5 days if it's even attached. Argh icon_frown.gif

Bill of Green Achers