Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

Howdy All,

Well, I posted a few minutes ago and either my post will pop up twice or it went to never never land.......

We will be placing our first cache in a few days. We also will be activating a travel bug. Is it wise to attach something to the travel bug or leave it as it is?

We had a successful day of caching - 7 finds. We are at places now we never new exsisted.

Hope everyone had a good New Years. I've been reading that we weren't the only ones out hunting today......

Cathy

It's best to attach something to it. Small toys, small stuffed animals and the like work. Then give it a name to match.

To bad CVC Tag doesn't have a bug in it. Would be fun to see how many miles it gathers as we all hide it around to various spots. This one would already have quite a few miles on it.

If a little Brute Force doesn't work, try using a lot!

Sorry everyone, but I left the cache at home. I left for work and when I got on the freeway I went to look for the cache and realized I left it at home. I will rehide it this afternoon when I get off work. icon_biggrin.gif

My wife says put a coordinate on it and I'll find it.

Man..I am getting better and better each day. I found the Tag cache this morning WITHOUT the coordinates. Does this count as a find for me since it is sitting on my kitchen table?? icon_razz.gif

Jaimee

Before criticizing others, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you do the criticizing, you will have their shoes AND be a mile away!

quote:
Originally posted by LuvOzzy:

Man..I am getting better and better each day. I found the Tag cache this morning WITHOUT the coordinates. Does this count as a find for me since it is sitting on my kitchen table?? icon_razz.gif

Jaimee

Before criticizing others, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you do the criticizing, you will have their shoes AND be a mile away!

That was were I was going to look next, too! I think cacher A and cacher B have something going. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif [That's a joke]

Bill of Green Achers

"Why is 'Tourist Season' not mentioned in the Fish and Game Manual?"

Cacher A and cacher C have something going..but don't tell cacher B. We have been trying to keep things under wraps, but it gets more and more difficult with each passing moment. Now, as soon as D joins the party and E gets in on the action, we are gonna be having some kinda fun!

Jaimee

quote:
Originally posted by LuvOzzy:

Cacher A and cacher C have something going..but don't tell cacher B. We have been trying to keep things under wraps, but it gets more and more difficult with each passing moment. Now, as soon as D joins the party and E gets in on the action, we are gonna be having some kinda fun!Jaimee

...Cacher B has no interest in Cacher D even though he's a nice guy. He's just not the type for Cacher B. But it does sound like a party.

My wife says put a coordinate on it and I'll find it.

Looking for Geocachers in Modesto area for a picnic. Here's the idea: Each family/geocacher hides a cache (maybe within a 20 mile radius of a designated park) then meet at the designated park. Bring coordinates of their cache to put in a "hat" Everyone draws one out and searches for the cache they drew. Everyone returns to park whenever they finish (okay...maybe a time limit should be set)and share in a picnic with stories and fun! Please let us know if you are interested, if enough are interested we'll start planning. Feel free to pass this information onto any other geocachers in the area

quote:
Originally posted by Pizzimenti-Scott Family:

Looking for Geocachers in Modesto area for a picnic. Here's the idea: Each family/geocacher hides a cache (maybe within a 20 mile radius of a designated park) then meet at the designated park. Bring coordinates of their cache to put in a "hat" Everyone draws one out and searches for the cache they drew. Everyone returns to park whenever they finish (okay...maybe a time limit should be set)and share in a picnic with stories and fun! Please let us know if you are interested, if enough are interested we'll start planning. Feel free to pass this information onto any other geocachers in the area

Ehh... im always in for a geocaching event. I don't know if you will be able to get cacher B and E to go though. They tend to be a little cranky icon_smile.gif I think you should limit it to a 2 mile radius though. 20 is MUCH further than you think.

70546_800.gif

If there is something to B17ch about I'll make sure you're the first to know.

quote:
Originally posted by Green Achers:

Man. you guys are on the move!

Bill of Green Achers

It seems a bit lighter these days. Did you do something to it?

70546_800.gif

Matt..I think B and E would attend. It's D and F that are worrisome. And don't tell H because then I will get jealous. Get it?? "I" will get jealous...hahahahahah. I just crack myself up sometimes!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

I think we are doing a mega day in Sacto tomorrow..gotta try to hit 300 before returning to school!

Jaimee icon_cool.gif

New coordinates are on the TAG page. I was wondering why I didn't get an email notification, but I realized that Pat had edited his previous log instead of doing a new one.

So, since it appears I am probably the closest person to the location, I am not hunting it tonight..BUT, it is fair game in the morning. No whining and moaning if I get it before someone else icon_razz.gif

Jaimee

Is there an unspoken courtesy here on the CVC Boards about sharing new cache placements? I've got one, just waiting on the Cache Gods to give me a thumbs up.........

The kids and I went out today and found 8/11 caches. We bowed out of Caswell Park - looked too dangerous for a lady and 2 kids; and of course there was the Oak Say Can you See Cache; couldn't find that one - looked like I had to be at the party.

Thought about going after the CVC Tag you're it tonight, but I'm thinking there are other eyes that've been watching these coordinates since the wee hours; and I'm not a speeder!

Cathyicon_smile.gif

Looks like someone already got TAG. I went and saw a "teepee" of leaves, or at least what looked like a very deliberate placement resembling something that maybe once stood upright at one time.

Oh well. I guess one hour after placement is too long to wait for this group!

quote:
Originally posted by Fallen:

quote:

Man. you guys are on the move!

Bill of Green Achers

It seems a bit lighter these days. Did you do something to it?

That nut would be a replacement after that Venona mess cleared up. I can't believe how well that turned out. icon_cool.gif

quote:

Tag

New coordinates are on the TAG page. I was wondering why I didn't get an email notification, but I realized that Pat had edited his previous log instead of doing a new one.

So, since it appears I am probably the closest person to the location, I am not hunting it tonight..BUT, it is fair game in the morning. No whining and moaning if I get it before someone else

Jai mee

So... now we know who cacher ''I '' is. icon_biggrin.gif

Bill of Green Achers

Pizzimenti-Scott Family outing sounds fun as long as it's after winter. Or at least after February... and in doors... and not on a work night. icon_biggrin.gif

Catmit: You can drive as slow as you like tonight. Just don't take so long that I beats you. [Man, I'm stiring it up tonight. I better hit the hay before I get my boot in my mouth - or back side]

Nigh-tall icon_wink.gif

Bill of Green Achers

Brute..you are in..like it or not!

The Morris clan is in possession of the cache, or they were a bit ago. They called a while ago and said they had it. I am not even going to say a time because I don't know and don't want to implicate myself in anything again. We will be in Sacramento and thereabouts for most of tomorrow I think, so that will leave me out yet again. WAHHHH icon_mad.gif

Catmit..lots of people give a heads-up when they place a new cache, but it is certainly not something you MUST do (you can just send it to me in private email..shhhhhh..don't tell anyone else though!). Some folks are really into getting the ol' FTF, so they like to get a jump on the caches.

Jaimee

We saw the new cache come up and I REALLY wanted to make a run to Riverbank..but I need to go to bed if I want to get up early tomorrow icon_frown.gif Oh well..maybe I can get the other FTF (fourth or fifth to find).

Jaimee

So... If I am eating dinner at 6:00pm and cacher B and E go out looking for the TAG, but I want it first so I go out to beat them before cooking dinner... What time did cacher C brush his teeth this morning?

70546_800.gif

You snooze you loose icon_biggrin.gif My wife has already beat you both. icon_biggrin.gif She is a dedicated cacher. Nothing like caching at 11:00pm at night. I hope no more caches pop up. I might not get any sleep.

We also have the tag cache and will replant it soon. I'm thinking Red Hills icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

Or maybe I'm not icon_eek.gif

Mike

If it's got wing's, I can fly it!!

Scooped up while everyone had their eyes on cacher I. icon_cool.gifI knew cachers C & M had a little click go but just didn't realize they'd treat the rest of the alphabet like this! Where's Red Hill and how much tread does my 4x4 need to get in (and out) in the winter? icon_biggrin.gif

Bill of Green Achers

Scooped up while everyone had their eyes on cacher _I_. icon_cool.gifI knew cachers C & M had a little click go but just didn't realize they'd treat the rest of the alphabet like this! Where's Red Hill and how much tread does my 4x4 need to get in (and out) in the winter? icon_biggrin.gif

Bill, Red Hills is up by Sonora.The fire Roads are pretty well packed down so you shouldnt need much tread. There is 3 other caches close in those hills. Fun ones to go get.

Maybe I will just plant the tag in Ripon somewhere icon_biggrin.gificon_eek.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_wink.gif

mike

quote:
Originally posted by C&MMorris:

quote:

Scooped up while everyone had their eyes on cacher _I_. icon_cool.gifI knew cachers C & M had a little click go but just didn't realize they'd treat the rest of the alphabet like this! Where's Red Hill and how much tread does my 4x4 need to get in (and out) in the winter? icon_biggrin.gif

Bill, Red Hills is up by Sonora.The fire Roads are pretty well packed down so you shouldnt need much tread. There is 3 other caches close in those hills. Fun ones to go get.

Maybe I will just plant the tag in Ripon somewhere icon_biggrin.gificon_eek.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_wink.gif

mike

Noooo! Put it in Red Hills! I need another excuse to put-off washing the Jeep!

Well mines not exactly a Jepp. It's only a Bronko... but it will pull the Polaris out far enough to assure I'll be the NTF! Plant away cacher M. icon_biggrin.gif Looks like the Hearts are going to anni in too. (anni? spelling may be smelling)

New subject: How about that Key Cache? I haven't heard too much chatter about that in a while. icon_rolleyes.gif

I also need to look up all these new cachers caches. I think there's about four and I want to see how they're going to bring me to my knees. I love a good challenge so I encourge people that think outside the box. icon_cool.gif

Bill of Green Achers

quote:

Well mines not exactly a Jepp. It's only a Bronko... but it will pull the Polaris out far enough to assure I'll be the NTF! Plant away cacher _M_. icon_biggrin.gif Looks like the Hearts are going to anni in too. (anni? spelling may be smelling)

Oh no. A Bronco or a Polaros just won't do in Red Hills. That thar is Jeep Country! icon_razz.gif

It was an interesting cache and it was fun even if it took me to places I wasn't prepared to go. I like the concept but was way surprised to find out why my first stop was not locating a place to unlock. That was due to the fact that I didn't read the distructions properly.

Anyway, I highly suggest you do it after a big storm passes [which changes the ratings as we found out]. It would be much easier to do it this weekend though. Good luck.

Bill of Green Achers

[This message was edited by Green Achers on January 03, 2003 at 03:36 PM.]

Marathon day!! We ended up getting 15 caches from here to Sacramento. We were met with no DNFs either..yippee!! I tell ya, it's almost too easy to cache up there after caching around here. The longest we spent looking for a cache was about 2 minutes. The rest we just walked up on..big caches right out in the open. That is definitely the place to go if you want to rack up some finds.

Morris..if you put that d*mn cache in the hills, I am gonna ring your red neck! icon_razz.gif

Jaimee

....I know you found at least one of mine up north, but I don't think you looked for Riverview #2 did you ? Or how about Nothing But...Watches.

How about the original Spike and Ivy? Of course I realize those are valley style making their homes in Sac, but....

Ron

(cooling my heels and counting up my stock in various aspirin, orange juice and other things I've been spending time with!)

I've never been lost. Fearsome confused sometimes, but never lost.

Hey Ron

We had specific areas lined out to do today because I wanted to be home somewhat earlier. We did go by Nothing But Watches because it's right by my mom's house, but, after walking about 1/4 mile, we couldn't figure out how to get to the other side and gave up. I didn't want to spend more time because it was getting late and we needed to start heading back this way. As we were leaving, we think we saw the area to enter though..we will return!

Jaimee

Ok, Here is what I will do. I will plant the tag cache tonight, Let's say in the next five minutes. If no one gets it tonight, It's Red hill Bound icon_biggrin.gif And if you hurt me Jaimee I will tell Pat and he wont let you come out and play any more icon_frown.gificon_frown.gif

Be right back!!!!

Mike

I thought that my cache up north of me was original and clever. Turns out it is only clever. Hardly original. I never knew until today when I found one of Georges' caches that he had already done that MONTHS ago. icon_frown.gif

I guess it's true what they say about great minds thinking alike. But, in this case, one just runs a heck of a lot slower. icon_rolleyes.gif

At least not yet!! The coordinates for Tag came up while I was eating dinner, so I had to finish before I could leave. I figured someone would beat me out to the cache for sure!

I will be replacing it tomorrow sometime.

Jaimee

quote:
Originally posted by Brute-Force:

I thought that my cache up north of me was original and clever. Turns out it is only clever. Hardly original. I never knew until today when I found one of Georges' caches that he had already done that MONTHS ago. icon_frown.gif

Glad you figured that out... I tried to tell you without giving up you hunt for it. Just wanted to dirrect you there. It was funny to see the repeat and know that it was your own idea (done after someone else's).

"Ring your Red Neck." That goes into the famous quote book Jaimee. Too funny.

Fallen has brought another cacher to their knees...

quote:
Death_on_Wings has logged a cache on your watch list (Pilot 'Gel'). You can visit the cache at the following link:

Pilot Gel

User comments:

I found it, I found it, finaly I found it, I found it, I found it only took like 7 hours of search time and a few extra eyes, but I found it.

great spot, I must have looked over it like 30 times before I found it.

Good going Matt!

I think I'll be sitting around today waiting for LO to mistakenly place that Tag Cache where a non-alphabet cacher can rush in and recover it. Then it's off to... well, lets just say that A, B, C scene will be history. icon_biggrin.gif

{I wonder if that stupid Tag Cache is just a Phantom Cache that logs big find numbers to the few sellect while running the rest of us around!} {And why is it that everyone that finds it, takes the stupid thing home before going back out to rehide it?} icon_cool.gificon_razz.gificon_cool.gif

Bill of Green Achers

Here's another one. It was the very first week of my starting caching and I told my wife "next time I go through Casa De Fruita, I'm going to plant a cache there and call it "Casa De Cache". Next day, I'm looking at state map and zoom in on a cache near that area. Click identify. ARRGGGHHH! DOH! icon_biggrin.gif

Well, I've got one sitting here that I don't THINK has been done yet. We'll see. icon_smile.gif

WOW!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS George and Mary for going PAST!!! 700 You guy's are really movin. I suspect you all will hit 1000 in no time.

Congrats. From the Morris Clan.

Has anyone heard from Kurt (Kurtails) I noticed he has not been on the forums in awhile. Maybe he got that new Jeep and is stuck on the Rubacon trail.

Mike

Good morning all

Bill...I took the stupid cache home because it was late at night and I was not about to drive out to where I intend to place it! It will be set somewhere later this afternoon for sure. I was a bit surprised nobody else got there before me last night...it certainly was not close to where I live this time!

Brute..I always laugh when I see one of George and Mary's new placements, because about 75% of the time it's in a spot that I had been eyeballing. As George says, "If you snooze, you lose!" This area is so saturated with caches now that it's tough to find a decent spot to hide anything anymore. I am kinda tired of doing the micro thing and would really like to hide/find some regular-sized caches, but there is really very few spots to place anything big because the parks are either full or not suitable for hiding.

A hint for the next placement of Tag, for those interested. I am going caching later this afternoon, and I most likely will be heading out toward LaGrange and Snelling.

Have a nice day all.

Jaimee icon_smile.gif