Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 17
TwistedCube

Adventure Lab Caches

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, arisoft said:

Wishful thinking

Not really wishful, I don't like them and don't wish to see more of them unless they change.

  • Upvote 3
  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/27/2019 at 12:13 AM, Frau Potter said:

In the Geocache hiding guidelines, we link to this Help Center article about Lab Caches.

 

Yesterday (February 25, 2019) we updated the text in to clarify the rules for logging Adventure Labs. The text says, “To log a Lab Cache, finders are required to visit the location, discover the find code, and then enter the code to mark the cache as found.” This language is similar to what we have added to the guidelines for physical caches and Event Caches over the past few years.

 

We have received feedback from past and current Adventure creators that they are very frustrated with users who log their experience, but have not visited the Locations they set up. With the most recent launch to geocaching organizations and opt-in participants, we felt that it was a good time to clarify the expectations. There are no plans to punish geocachers for past “couch logging” of Lab Caches. However, we may take disciplinary action against accounts if the behavior continues in the future.

How does this disciplinary action take place 
Does the CO have to report the fake finders - I have just had an adventure lab go live and the first 4 finders are all from their 'armchairs' - though one has since deleted their 'finds'  
In addition - can a CO delete adventure lab logs just as they can on GC 

and finally - as mentioned there are 4 finders of my Adventure lab totalling 7 locations (as per the stats page) (1 finder finding 4 locations, 3 finders finding 1 location each)  - one finder (the one finding 4 locations) has deleted their finds, which should take the log count down to 3, however the stats page still shows 7 finds - why hasn't the deletions been reflected in the stats ?

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/14/2019 at 1:21 AM, Hockeyhick said:

None of this would be necessary if people didn't cheat.

Our Lab Adventure has been one of those abused by the spoofers and cheaters sharing the codes with other spoofer/cheaters and to put it plainly, it pisses me off. 

There has only been ONE legitimate find of all of the labs among over 500 cheaters. 

And yes, there is no other word for who they are. No amount of conversational jargon can justify it. They cheat. 

And if I had the ability, I would delete each and every one of their lying, cheatings finds. 

Life is more than just a number...and that number doesn't even come close to the adventure that they missed out on.

Kudos to HQ at looking into this matter. 

Has HQ looked into this and changed anything ?
I received a new ad lab only recently and have just made it live, end of July 2019, so that's 4 months down the road - the first 4 'finders' have all cheated and seeing the stats from yours above - I doubt that'll end there 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/3/2019 at 4:00 AM, Deepdiggingmole said:

How does this disciplinary action take place 
Does the CO have to report the fake finders - I have just had an adventure lab go live and the first 4 finders are all from their 'armchairs' - though one has since deleted their 'finds'  
In addition - can a CO delete adventure lab logs just as they can on GC 

and finally - as mentioned there are 4 finders of my Adventure lab totalling 7 locations (as per the stats page) (1 finder finding 4 locations, 3 finders finding 1 location each)  - one finder (the one finding 4 locations) has deleted their finds, which should take the log count down to 3, however the stats page still shows 7 finds - why hasn't the deletions been reflected in the stats ?

 

Hello - If you would like to report the users who you believe were couch logging your Adventure Lab, please use the email form in the Help Center: https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php

  • Helpful 4

Share this post


Link to post

OK 

So I discover the program is not efficient in dealing with deleted logs - any deleted logs whether by the 'finder' or ANother (such as HQ) dont get dropped from the Stats page, (viewable by the CO) - in the words of HQ " there is no way to "unplay" an adventure at this point." - I have managed to get all 4 fake loggers to delete their logs - I am taking their word for it and I am quite happy they have done this, but this is not something the stats can verify - which is a shame as the genuine FTF cachers are not given that accolade due to the previous fake logs 

Share this post


Link to post

My beef with the labs is that I need data which I do not have on my phone.  At a recent MEGA I was able to find several of the answers to the adventure labs.  I was able to find a wifi spot within the zone, but it was set up so that without the first answer I could not continue to the ones I had found.  So I have not been able to log the adventure labs from my last 2 MEGA events.  I now have the ability to create one, but no way to do them.  

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, BluePanther51 said:

My beef with the labs is that I need data which I do not have on my phone.  At a recent MEGA I was able to find several of the answers to the adventure labs.  I was able to find a wifi spot within the zone, but it was set up so that without the first answer I could not continue to the ones I had found.  So I have not been able to log the adventure labs from my last 2 MEGA events.  I now have the ability to create one, but no way to do them.  

Hum according to your profile the last Mega you went was the one in Ontario. I was at that event and you could log the lab cache in any order that you wished.

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Lynx Humble said:

the last Mega you went was the one in Ontario. I was at that event

 

Really? L&A?  Did you come and say at the vlogger 'hut'? :)

Share this post


Link to post

When I tried from the Tim's around the corner Saturday night I got stuck at question 1 and couldn't find a way past.  I cached Sunday with Londonwesty and Hakliva.  

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, thebruce0 said:

 

Really? L&A?  Did you come and say at the vlogger 'hut'? :)

 

You sent me a MP about the fact I discovered your tracktable at the event.

 

Nope I went to the others huts for the lab caches and then the rain stopped so I walked in town for the remaining one. When I come back I talked with geocacher from QC, NB, PEI and NS.

 

I am behind you on the group picture.

 

10 minutes ago, BluePanther51 said:

When I tried from the Tim's around the corner Saturday night I got stuck at question 1 and couldn't find a way past.  I cached Sunday with Londonwesty and Hakliva.  

 

Ah ok it was after the main event.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 17

×
×
  • Create New...