Spokane Cache Machine

travisl

Well to all who attended the cache machine Twin "A" and Twin "B" asked me to thank everybody who was nice to them (and that was everybody) and a BIG thanks to BC and CR for all the yummie Canadian candy

The twins want to know if they stayed out of the big peoples way?

As for I(Mom) I think the twins did an excellent job 50 caches in a day for two 9yr olds is pretty darn good.

Pepper

icon_geocachingwa.gif

Horizontals where it's at!

It was great meeting everyone and having fun. The after dinner cache explosion #1 trip was great fun as we managed to run a bunch of teenagers out of the park. They shouldn't have been drinking and partying there anyway. icon_smile.gif

Thanks Travis for setting up the routing and we really missed meeting you at the machine. Dean and I and Yumitori and Leonata managed to go to 54 caches, (2 of which weren't even on the machine). Lucky for us we only had to do those ones as our trips over from Missoula had covered the rest of the list.

Absolutley amazed by those who finished them all in one weekend!

I enjoyed watching the twins running for caches, they had energy enough for all of us and seemed to be having a blast the whole time. Thanks for the fun Everyone! Hope to see a few of you make it over to Missoula some time.

-Jennifer of Jennifer&Dean

According to his or her personal experience, each person must decide by himself or herself where they have been. Always for me the most important thing is not where the others have gone but the experience lived through.-Reinhold Messner

You guys hit 83 caches? Holy cow. That's more than Victoria, when we had an additional two hours of daylight.

Because I'm curious, and to help me with the next cache machine (Olympia, either December 27 or January 3) I've gotta know --

- How close did the scheduled times come to reality?

- What time did you make it to lunch?

- Did the four Dishman Hills caches take too long?

- Did someone remember to call Red Robin in advance to warn them of the SCM's approach?

- Which caches took the longest?

- Were any caches added to the route at the last minute? Which one(s)?

I'm so glad to hear you all had another great time. Wish I could have been there.

WWJD? JW RTFM.

quote:
Originally posted by travisl:

Because I'm curious, and to help me with the next cache machine (Olympia, either December 27 or January 3) I've gotta know --_WWJD? JW RTFM._

Well for me personally either day is a go.

- What time did you make it to lunch?

Cindy, myself and the twins only skipped 3 I think to make it to lunch on time.

- Did someone remember to call Red Robin in advance to warn them of the SCM's approach?

Yes M10B took care of that task!

I'm so glad to hear you all had another great time. Wish I could have been there.

We wish you could of been there also. No more catastrophes your quota has been filled!

Pepper

icon_geocachingwa.gif

quote:

You guys hit 83 caches? Holy cow. That's more than Victoria, when we had an additional two hours of daylight.

Because I'm curious, and to help me with the next cache machine (Olympia, either December 27 or January 3) I've gotta know --

[message edited, questions answered below]

_

I don't think anyone hit 83. MarinerBC and Cacherunner hit 71, didn't they? Did anyone beat that number?

The scheduled times in the morning came pretty close for us. We skipped the last few before lunch, mostly because we were STARVING and wanted to make sure we had time to eat. We did have time, and had a wonderful lunch.

Afterward, Pepper and I skipped over the last section of caches in Spokane, hoping to get to Idaho with time to cache there before dark.

We decided not to do the Dishman Hills caches because it was HOT this weekend. I think the time it took would have been okay on a cooler day. Pepper and I then drove on to Idaho with PaulW, hitting a few fun caches along I-90.

We wanted to do more of the caches near the lake in Coeur d' Lane, but parking was an issue -- we didn't want to have to pay to park near the boardwalk. Later, we found out there was a way to get around this.

By that point, we were skipping caches that were too difficult to find in 5 or 10 minutes. We left Coeur d' Lane (sp?) around 6:30, hit 3 more on the way back. Driving into the sunset on I-90 was a bit intense!

We were pooped and filthy, headed back to the hotel for a shower, then off to Red Robin. I have to say that Red Robin was kind of far away from the hotel. But I guess it's the tradition, right? icon_smile.gif

Anyway, that's the timeline as I remember it!

Cin

Ah. I misread MarinerBC's message about 83 finds. That was his number for the whole weekend, wasn't it.

Yeah, Red Robin has ended up being an accidental tradition. There was a cache close to it, though, so it should have been fine, although a ways from the hotel. I thought about designing the route to end at the Coeur d'Alene Red Robin, but decided against it. Too long of a drive back, too late at night.

I didn't think about the drive into the sun. I was more concerned about an early snow when I first put this one together. Silly me. Who'd have guessed we'd have had such good weather so late in September?

WWJD? JW RTFM.

The times in the morning were pretty close. Up until # 18 or so. After #18 our group started skipping caches we had all already done. And went to a quick breakfast. We weren't ahead or behind anyone by too much with our skips. We arrived early for lunch (already had #s 19,20,21,24,25,26 & 27) but most wandered in late. Left lunch after about an hour and started running low on time. Got massively slowed down by the dishman hills. Very hot. We were happy to have brought one water bottle for the 4 of us. Finding was quick, distance was what took the longest. Scrapbook cache was the next slowdown. The easy way ended up being about .50 in to the cache, and not great path either. The hard way looked miserable. Lucky for us Yumitori and Leonata had already done this one and led us the "easy" way.

Lots of watchers on Four! We pulled up as others pulled away and they had been watched from the clubhouse by a group of golfers. Tried to be sneaky but there were lots of folks wondering what we were up to. Same at The Big House. A local mom & her kids told us we were the 5th folks since she had arrived and that it wasn't "in the tree, or at this table". She left soon afterwards and we found it.

We added Riverstone 2 but it isn't one that I would have recommended. Someone would have stepped in the transient toilet nearby or otherwise found something disgusting.

Finch Arboretum was found by folks the night before, it was a quick jaunt from the travelodge. We also solved and found Cache O quotes, which was in a neat area not too far from the machine.

Thanks for all the fun!

-Jennifer of Jennifer&Dean

Age does not bring wisdom, but it does give perspective.

If it helps, we put 150 miles on the car, cached for 9 hours and 25 minutes and visited about 58 caches. Plus a revisit after dinner to Cache Explosion #1 with Moun10Bike and MarinerBC. We got to dinner after 9 that night. Only 2 real breaks, breakfast @ starbucks and lunch.

-Jennifer

quote:

Ah. I misread MarinerBC's message about 83 finds. That was his number for the whole weekend, wasn't it.

Actually, you are correct Travis, I misspoke. The numbers are: Weekend 91; SCM Friday 12, Saturday 71, total 83.

As far as timelines go, we stayed fairly close, thanks to Grandpa Rocks navigational skills. We DID have that 12 cache cushion from Friday, so I would say that if you added an extra 20 per cent to the time for each, you would have an accurate number. Dishman hills took about an hour to complete, and we parked beside the first one at the Sanatarium.

I think we were a tad early at lunch, but had not skipped any as yet. We then did one of the after lunch caches to get closer to the proper time, then left lunch a bit before everyone else. (Bear in mind that I thought we were SUPPOSED to go to ALL the cache locations, without skipping any. That's why we tried the 12 on Friday to give ourselves a cushion. You good cachers had scared CR and me to death with how fast you go.)

In my view, Dishman Hills did not take overly long, a bit less than an hour. (I loved it, it looked just like home.)

I will probably have better input for you after I digest and log some of these. For example, the longest to do? It's still a blur, but I'll recall after I log, I'm sure.

icon_geocachingwa.gif

[This message was edited by marinerBC on September 29, 2003 at 04:41 PM.]

This was the first machine that the entire Kfam team was present. As usual, we had a blast! There's nothing like caching 'til it hurts with this bunch. The socializing and friendly bits of competition is as good as it gets. It was tough without the bright caution-dead-end yellow truck showing us where not to go. We did however manage to flip a few U-turns on a bridge in Travis' honor. The weather was perfect, another Cache Machine tradition?

We kept within an hour of the schedule arriving at lunch 16 minutes late. Our most time consuming was at Near the River's Edge, a cache added because it looked easier than climbing the hill to the one we were after. We spent an hour getting 6 of 8 film canisters as well as the intended Corbin Park cache.

The overall terrain seemed easier than past machines but the cleverly disguised caches in Idaho had our brains hurting like our feet.

Finished up at 'Goiter' at dusk and cleaned up at the motel before dinner.

Nice to see a closer one coming up. Looking forward to seeing you all in Olympia!

Screed92 and I (we were the ones in camo) logged 64 caches with one virtual and 63 on the list. We followed the list and only skipped #39 Ben Bur Trail. We had a no find at #62, Coeur d' Alane Christmas Cache. At first, we were 35 minutes ahead of schedule. We took care of that by walking from the park and hitting the Flower Power Cache before lunch. By my clock, we arrived 15 minutes early. That was fine as it gave Screed92 and I a chance to catch up on life with Wiz and Turtletrax. We had an advantage in the Dishman hills as I had already done 2 in there. But, trails are trails and hills are hills and it still took us an hour to complete. Mount10bike took care of us with the Red Robin details. However, after everything was said and done, we could have went to the Red Robin near Sullivan in Spokane Valley. It is closer to the end of the machine, but farther from the TravelLodge. The lesser of 2 evils I guess. The ONE cache that took the most time was PC III, The Pick of the Litter. We spent 30 minutes on it the first time and 10 minutes the second time as we were nagged by it and got it on the way back from #65, Hayden No Brainer for a total of 40 minutes. We finished the day at 7:02 PM at #68, Walk the Boardwalk. There were far too many people on the boardwalk for Homecoming and we had already been asked if we were the bomb squad just by loitering in the area. So, we bagged it and headed back to Spokane. All and all, it was a great time. I did learn that if you find it, you have to hide it. I found the one at #3, Kerrin's Curse and left the crowd without hiding it again. I was told the rules at #5 Under the High bridges and waited an extra 5 minutes for cachers to arrive after doing their U-turns on highways and bridges before hiding it to atone for my sins. We are looking forward to Portland/Vancouver!

[This message was edited by sharp88 on September 29, 2003 at 10:07 PM.]

quote:

- How close did the scheduled times come to reality?

For most of the morning, we were ahead of schedule, even after we started to splinter.

quote:

- Did the four Dishman Hills caches take too long?

They took notably longer than you had scheduled for them, if that's what you mean. Then again, we were mainly on our own there. The Lincoln Park caches also took a while, and we even ditched the last one.

quote:

- Which caches took the longest?

Of the ones we did, I'd say Pug Cloning, though the one in the same park (Treaty Rock) took us quite a while. Then again, we were on our own at that one. Not to say we didn't love Pug Cloning so much that we decided to go for one other cache by the same hider before we bailed for the 19th hole.

quote:

I would have enjoyed being able to stay with the main group, but with people rushing to the next cache, some tough terrains early in the morning, a few people trying to beat the main group and disrupt the cooperative spirit some of us were trying to generate, and a lot of people skipping the virtuals on the route for philosophical reasons, it just wasn't in the cards.

We had a lot of fun, and we have lots of great stories to put in our SCM find logs. icon_smile.gif (unlike Bremerton CM, where Raven and I never got around to logging the finds, we do plan to log these, and with meaningful logs to boot icon_smile.gif )

Travis, I hope we can arrange it to join you for the next CM, if you'll be there, and I hope we can keep up with the group that follows you around. icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by sharp88:

Screed92 and I (we were the ones in camo) logged 64 caches with one virtual and 63 on the list.

Fun story (before MisguidedOne tells it icon_smile.gif ). We had just found PC II, and while we're admiring it, an oldish man in cycling gear came up to us and said he'd been seeing people come into the park all morning following their GPS's and had finally had enough, and had to ask us what on earth we were doing. Between Team Misguided, NomadRaven, and myself, we probably got a new cacher hooked.

But the point of this is what he said afterwards:

"The first thing I saw were some Army Reservists looking down below there. I thought they were looking for a place for drilling."

"Army reservists?" I asked. "How many were there?"

"Oh, about two or three."

"Uh, those weren't Reservists. They were more of us." icon_smile.gif

Oh, one thing I forgot to mention (not sure if others have said anything)...

There were a LOT of micro-caches in Spokane! We soon discovered that stickers and bison capsules do not mix. Even if there is room for a sticker on the log, more than one or two stickers makes the log too thick to roll up tightly enough to fit in the capsule.

We might want to create a tradition of "pens only with bison capsules."

Cin

We agree with Cin, we brought extra scroll logs in case we filled one. Which we did at one cache. (Owner to be contacted soon) Stickers just DO NOT work with capsules. And there was another key holder micro that the log barely fit back into when we left.

-Jennifer

quote:
Originally posted by marinerBC:

I'm starting to wonder if LOGGING all of these is actually tougher than FINDING them. It took two days, with my less than efficient typing skills.

Thanks again Travis. You did it again.

http://www.geocachingwa.org/icon_geocachingwa.gif How much intelligence does it take to sneak up on a piece of tupperware?

BCM I feel ya out of the 65 I did I have only just logged 37 of them so at this rate I should be finished by Thursday. So yes it is taking me longer to log them than it did to find them. Stranger things have happen.

Pepper

icon_geocachingwa.gif

I know this is a little late, but the Phatboyz are just plain wore out after the event. We only did the cache machine the one day, so here are some stats:

Cached 6:00am-10:00pm

Logged 69 caches plus the three events for a total of 72 caches

Drove 139 miles walked an unknown number of miles.

Dishman Hills killed us.

Best question asked was by the team of Sparp88 and Screed92 when they asked if we were from around here? Nope we just have good maps.

This was our first cache machine and we had a blast. We would like to Thank TravisL for setting this up and all the hard work he put into it. And also thank Turtletrak for a great lunch, it was what we needed to keep us going. It was really great meeting everyone, and we had a blast. When we hit the “East bound and Down” cache, we started picking which caches we were going to do. If they involve too much walking we were skipping them. We heard that Red Robin was moved to 8:00 and we were still in Idaho, so we just kept caching. We got back to the hotel at 10:00ish. Bilbo19 and Deity_Steve headed west to the Tacoma area. Kiltsurfer stayed the night and headed out Sunday morning.

Kiltsurfer did 85+ caches for the weekend and hit #200 on Thursday before the cache machine.

We did all the caches in order, but missed #10&12 because we went the wrong way and it was too far to back track. We had plans to get these at the end, but it didn’t work out.

Here are the caches and the times we hit.

Num Cache Name WPT Date Time Notes

0 Electric Babaloo (event cache, Friday night) CGXMK 9/26/2003 7:00 FOUND

1 Spokane Cache Machine GCGKE0 9/27/2003 6:00 FOUND

2 Grandview Park by greenthumb- ke7pi Traditional Cache (2/ 3) GCCAC6 9/27/2003 6:07 FOUND

3 Kerrin's Curse by Yellow Alligator (3/ 1) GCGPYV 9/27/2003 6:15 FOUND

4 Cache Explosion #3 by Wooley Moran Traditional Cache (1.5/ 1.5) GCE4CF 9/27/2003 6:25 FOUND

5 Under The High Bridges by Fuzzybear Traditional Cache (3/ 1.5) GCDFCF 9/27/2003 6:35 FOUND

6 Aureate Y by Moun10Bike snowghost Jeff Reg V Joe Paul Traditional Cache (2.5/ 1.5) GC9BAC 9/27/2003 6:48 FOUND

7 Student Supply Store by Axle59 Traditional Cache (1.5/ 1) GCGJHX 9/27/2003 7:02 FOUND

8 Downriver Overlook by Fairways Traditional Cache (1.5/ 1.5) GCGH7A 9/27/2003 7:10 FOUND

9 Bet You'll Want To Flog Me For This One by Wooley Moran (3.5/ 2) GCGP6K 9/27/2003 7:15 FOUND

10 Krazy -Bout- Chains by Greenthumb- ke7pi Traditional Cache (1.5/ 2.5) GCE847 9/27/2003 DID NOT GET

11 A run through Joe Albi by cougar8 Traditional Cache (1.5/ 1) GCG4V7 9/27/2003 7:25 FOUND

12 SPOKANE RIVER OVERLOOK by HEADNUT Traditional Cache (1/ 1) GCGJCA 9/27/2003 DID NOT GET

13 For The Birds by Screed92 Traditional Cache (2.5/ 1) GCGEK7 9/27/2003 7:18 FOUND

14 Extra large movie popcorn bucket ??? by Cougar8 Traditional Cache (1.5/ 1) GCG3NE 9/27/2003 7:28 FOUND

15 Spokane Garry School by ke7pi Traditional Cache (2/ 2) GCC59E 9/27/2003 7:50 FOUND

16 Got Milk??? by greenthumb- ke7pi + Tweetie- aa7rt (2/ 1.5) GCGR95 9/27/2003 8:10 FOUND

17 Upper Falls by SpiderTracks Virtual Cache (1/ 1) GC713C 9/27/2003 8:27 FOUND

18 The 1974 Exposition Attraction by Yellow Alligator Traditional Cache (2.5/ 1) GCE4BB 9/27/2003 8:15 FOUND

19 Spokane Falls Blvd. On foot, get Run Forest Run! by Turtletrax Virtual Cache (1/ 1) GC8E72 9/27/2003 8:40 FOUND

20 Big Red Wagon by Fuzzybear Virtual Cache (1/ 1) GC9760 9/27/2003 8:38 FOUND

21 The Davenport by Louis Walt and Turtletrax Virtual Cache (1/ 1) GC8ACC 9/27/2003 8:47 FOUND

22 Between two Bridges by Fuzzybear Traditional Cache (3/ 1.5) GCC0CF 9/27/2003 9:01 FOUND

23 The Children are watching (Cowley Park) byFuzzybear (1/ 1) GCD425 9/27/2003 9:10 FOUND

24 2:53 P. M. at Rosehill by MedicOne Virtual Cache (3/ 1) GCD2B1 9/27/2003 9:30 FOUND

25 Bubbles and Butterflies by Team Cheddar w/ The Big "C" Traditional Cache (1/ 1.5) GCF79E 9/27/2003 9:20 FOUND

26 Spirit of Nature (Manito Park) by MedicOne Traditional Cache (2/ 1) GCC723 9/27/2003 9:35 FOUND

27 Comstock Redux by Moun10Bike Traditional Cache (2.5/ 1.5) GC9BAD 9/27/2003 9:40 FOUND

28 ramblin in hamblen by ke7pi Traditional Cache (1/ 1) GCC1A4 9/27/2003 9:50 FOUND

29 Greenthumb Challenge # 3 by greenthumb- ke7pi Traditional Cache (2/ 1) GCF279 9/27/2003 10:03 FOUND

30 Home Sweet Home by Gjemsel Traditional Cache (2.5/ 1) GCF0AB 9/27/2003 10:09 FOUND

31 another monumount by fuzzybear Traditional Cache (1/ 1) GCCFF5 9/27/2003 10:19 FOUND

32 Greenthumb Return's Cache by Greenthumb- ke7pi Traditional Cache (2.5/ 2) GCGA40 9/27/2003 10:30 FOUND

33 The rocky side of lincoln park by Two man army Traditional Cache (2.5/ 3) GCCBC7 9/27/2003 10:37 FOUND

34 Greenthumb Challenge #2 by Greenthumb- ke7pi Traditional Cache (3/ 2.5) GCF266 9/27/2003 10:55 FOUND

35 LETS PLAY BALL ! by Greenthumb- ke7pi Traditional Cache (2.5/ 1) GCGFFD 9/27/2003 11:00 FOUND

36 Lunch Break at Murphy Park GCGY45 9/27/2003 11:40 FOUND

37 Flower Power Cache by greenthumb- ke7pi Traditional Cache (1.5/ 1) GCGBN4 9/27/2003 11:03 FOUND

38 Old Glory by Fuzzyberar Traditional Cache (1/ 1) GCG9GQ 9/27/2003 11:09 FOUND

39 Ben Bur Trail ({^½ëing) by Fuzzybear Traditional Cache (1.5/ 2.5) GCC4C6 9/27/2003 11:30 FOUND

40 Got Fire - Need Water by Ghostly Tribe GCGM7V 9/27/2003 12:31 FOUND

Lady Ghost's Favorite Haunts by Lady Ghost from the Ghostly Tribe Traditional Cache (1/ 1) GCGFPP 9/27/2003 12:25 FOUND

42 Edgecliff Sanitarium by Ghostly Tribe Traditional Cache (2/ 2.5) GCD571 9/27/2003 1:18 FOUND

43 The Geo- Family Tree by Yellow Alligator Traditional Cache (1.5/ 2) GCG8WF 9/27/2003 1:18 FOUND

44 buffalo's first by buffaloman Traditional Cache (2/ 2) GC7B5E 9/27/2003 1:30 FOUND

45 Pile O Rocks by greenthumb- ke7pi Traditional Cache (1.5/ 2) GCD520 9/27/2003 1:35 FOUND

46 The Big House by MedicOne Traditional Cache (2.5/ 1) GCG1FB 9/27/2003 1:50 FOUND

47 PC II, The first litter mate by niskibum (3.5/ 1) GCG1B8 9/27/2003 2:10 FOUND

48 Fatal Attraction by Yellow Alligator Traditional Cache (2.5/ 1) GCEB49 9/27/2003 2:20 FOUND

49 What a Pleasant View by kavuday Traditional Cache (2/ 1.5) GCC0C5 9/27/2003 FOUND

50 Corbin Park Cache by Moun10BikeTraditional Cache (1.5/ 2.5) GC6F4 9/27/2003 2:50 FOUND

51 Pug Cloning by niskibum (3.5/ 1.5) GC6736 9/27/2003 3:15 FOUND

52 Treaty Rock Cache by Moun10Bike and idspud Traditional Cache (3/ 2) GC6F3 9/27/2003 3:00 FOUND

53 Scrapbook Cache by Misfit550 Traditional Cache (1/ 2) GCC16D 9/27/2003 3:45 FOUND

54 Cache Art Study in Camo 2 by niskibum Traditional Cache (3/ 1) GC6CF3 9/27/2003 3:30 FOUND

55 Post Falls Cache by Moun10Bike and idspud Traditional Cache (1.5/ 1.5) GC6F5 9/27/2003 3:35 FOUND

56 Cache Art Study in Camo IV by niskibum Traditional Cache (3/ 1.5) GC97C2 GC97C2 9/27/2003 4:20 FOUND

57 Eastbound and Down (Rest Area) by Gertrude & Heathcliffe (2/ 1) GCGQ81 9/27/2003 4:54 FOUND

58 PC III The pick of the litter by niskibum Traditional Cache (3/ 1.5) GCG5A3 9/27/2003 5:10 FOUND

59 Four! by GangofTen Traditional Cache (1.5/ 1) GCG044 9/27/2003 5:19 FOUND

60 Lost Hope by niskibum Virtual Cache (1/ 1) GC571E 9/27/2003 5:31 FOUND

61 Asphalt Forever by GangofTen Traditional Cache (2/ 1) GCFFDF 9/27/2003 5:37 FOUND

62 Coeur d'Alene Christmas Cache 3 by Moun10Bike idspud & Pat Traditional Cache (2.5/ 1) GCB883 9/27/2003 DID NOT GET

63 Target nearby by Tim Traditional Cache (1/ 1) GCG4Q9 9/27/2003 6:05 FOUND

64 Gnome Alone by Maranatha! (2/ 2.5) GCGPY7 9/27/2003 6:20 FOUND

65 Hayden No Brainer by luv2fish Traditional Cache (2/ 1) GCDB9E 9/27/2003 5:33 FOUND

66 YAP- KEEHN- UM by GangofTen Traditional Cache (2/ 1.5) GCF6B9 9/27/2003 6:56 FOUND

67 Norwegian Blue by GangofTen & Mom (1/ 1) GCGTP8 9/27/2003 7:05 FOUND

68 Walk the Boardwalk by kavuday Traditional Cache (2/ 1) GCDDF2 9/27/2003 DID NOT GET

69 Goiter?? (rest area) by twofishheads Traditional Cache (1.5/ 1) GCE37B 9/27/2003 7:24 FOUND

70 Out Standing In My Field by niskibum (3.5/ 1) GC7065 9/27/2003 DID NOT GET

71 Heads Up Again by niskibum Traditional Cache (3/ 1) GC64A3 9/27/2003 DID NOT GET

72 Purcell Trench by Turtletrax Traditional Cache (1/ 1) GCFFF8 9/27/2003 DID NOT GET

73 Spokane River Hike by Firebuck Traditional Cache (2/ 1.5) GCG06Q 9/27/2003 DID NOT GET

74 Harvard Park Follies by greenthumb- ke7pi Traditional Cache (2/ 1.5) GCCDE0 9/27/2003 DID NOT GET

75 Sullivan Park Stroll by bbridges Traditional Cache (1.5/ 1.5) GC9ABC 9/27/2003 DID NOT GET

76 Thanks For Your Support! by Turtletrax GCGM0V 9/27/2003 8:06 FOUND

77 Grassy Swale by MedicOne Traditional Cache (3/ 1) GCF17F 9/27/2003 8:10 FOUND

78 Falling for Mirabeau by Yellow Alligator Traditional Cache (3/ 1) GCG4J7 9/27/2003 DID NOT GET

79 Explosion #2 by Wooley Moran (1/ 1) GCE4CC 9/27/2003 8:30 FOUND

80 The Aircraft Attraction by Yellow Alligator Traditional Cache (2/ 1) GCE443 9/27/2003 8:38 FOUND

81 WEST END OF FELTS FIELD by HEADNUT GCGMRD 9/27/2003 8:50 DID NOT GET

82 WATERWORKS ROAD CACHE by HEADNUT GCGMRC 9/27/2003 8:55 DID NOT GET

83 The Centennial Trail: The Aquifer by GEM's Virtual Cache (1/ 1) GC6826 9/27/2003 9:02 FOUND

84 Burning Bush by Tribe GeoWolf Traditional Cache (1.5/ 2.5) GCEFD5 9/27/2003 DID NOT GET

85 Cache Explosion #1 by Wooley Moran Traditional Cache (2/ 1) GCE4C9 9/27/2003 Could Not find

Kiltsurfer of Team Phatboyz

Thanks Kilt for posting that for all of us. icon_smile.gif We had a blast on this. To answer or reiterate a few questions.

Your timeline was very good for the morning and most everyone stayed together really well. Then after lunch it seemed a lot of people/groups started skipping caches and made there own schedule...not sure why!?!?! We stayed on the list and went in order...I think two times we flip flopped a couple of caches, mostly because we took a wrong turn and ended up at the other one first.

Lunch was right on time...just when we needed it and was great to have there waiting for us...Thanks again!!!

Dishman trails...ahhhhhh how I love those trails icon_razz.gif Well we were getting a little tired before this set of caches and after these we were plum tuckered out!!!! We stopped to get new beverages after this and it helped quite a bit BUT it took way longer than we thought it would and those hills, rocks and trails were a bear!!! By themeselves no problem, but in the middle of 80 other caches whew doggie...me no like icon_smile.gif

Dishman trails took a long time and so did cache explosion #1 (but that was mostly because we were stubborn and couldnt find it) so we searched forever and still didnt find it!!!

Ben Bur trail took us a bit longer than normal. The three of us got split up while Kiltsurfer was parking, so I headed up ahead of the others. We decided on the short cut up the side of the hill, when I reached the hill I looked up and saw this elderly couple out walking there dogs...not sure why they wanted to walk down that hill but they did and the elderly man FELL about half way down the hill and only stopped when he hit a tree!!! I stood there helpless until he stopped. I ran up the hill to see if he was alright, he said he hurt his leg and couldnt get up, SO I helped him up and carried him down the hill. Stayed with him a few minutes to make sure he was alright (his leg was swelling a little) but he started to gingerly walk on it. He said with his wife and a stick he could make it home. I watched them walk off and made sure they were ok before I took off up the hill again. Met up with deity_steve and explained my story...found the cache a moved on!!! Just thought I would share the excitement we had icon_wink.gif

We were really stoked about some of the caches we saw over the weekend!!! We are really looking forward to placing some of those types of caches on this side of the mountains! SO lets keep them on the hush hush till we can get some out there hehehehe!

Like kiltsurfer said, towards the end we started skipping some that we knew would take longer than a few minutes. but that was cool because there was some neat ones still to be found. cache explosion #2 was very cool, these kids playing in the park came up to and asked what was going on...there were a lot of people here awhile ago...and they were searching for something as well. we explained what was going on and they thought it was cool...we found the cache without them seeing it or us get it and returned it hidden better than we found it.

travisl, if I may offer a suggestion...it would be to try and make your schedule to reflect the length of the day...meaning that at the end of the day if you could make your route hit more of the easier caches (assuming you know the difficulty and length) and ones without too much of a walk. When it is dark it is harder to make the longer walks because they become even longer! And people are getting really tired so some easy to get to caches would be nice. I guess they could still be difficult finds but easy walks! just a thought

I am sure there are more things to say but I will cut this off. I think most of it was answered and we had a BLAST!!! Thanks all and look forward to seeing you again! bilbo19