Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
fuzzyant

Improving swappable stocks

Hi All,

So I'm on a little mini mission of improving the stocks of Swappable items in Geocache's Particularly in my home area of Canberra. I find these small items can make Geocaching more fun for kids (and big kids). if I find a cache with none I always like to leave something. if I take something if I can I will leave 2 things. it doesn't take much a bunch of stickers from the reject shop or a pile of erasers or small items only costs a few dollars. I would love any Geocacher's keen on helping with my mission to send me a friend request stating joining the mission. I may at times even send out a few items to help out.

fuzzyant

I am in.

I cache over here in Wollongong and I am a big fan or swaps or drops. I love a bit of cache maintenance and upkeep, and enjoy finding a cache that needs a bit of attention.

I have a 5litre (flour) container full of small odds and ends I have collected and I carry with me in the car so I always have some SWAG to trade. I carry spare logs and also a hand towel so I can dry wet caches.

#missiontoswag

Agree. And fly onboard.

I usually have to geocache with my 3.5 yr old so always find those with swappables. And a good one can make her participation much easier. But at this age it also only takes a couple of...substandard...swags in a row to disincentivise her.

Last week I left a pretty cool swag in a cache and took...well..there was nothing to take!

Hoping it encourages the finder to ensure they have something decent to swap in future.

That said...it can be hard to get geopreschooler to do a fair swap. The other day she left plastic cutlery in exchange for a spinning top! I'll usually chuck something in quicky while her back is turned though. 😉

I applaud your attitude and sentiment. Alas, I have stocked ammo cans and 2 litre containers with hundreds of dollars worth of trade items over the years just to watch it all dwindle to a few calling cards and a stick or two. I no longer take or leave anything in geocaches, but any new geocache I hide I still stock. Don't be surprised but do prepared to be disappointed when the geocaches you stock up are emptied and left with nought but a memory in short order.