posted in error...dont read

dboggny

quote:
Originally posted by Alan2:

Ok I'll bite. What'd I miss?

Alan

alan,

you missed me posting something in the wrong place by mistake. you missed me complain that i could not delete it. you missed me post a warning that there was nothing to read here because it was a mistake. then you missed 200 some odd people come and look anyway. you didnt miss anything at all. then people rated it 5 stars. this whole thread does nothing for geocaching except maybe a little comic relief. i hope you enjoyed your visit. we live so close to each other, you should have a beer with me and get some of the comic releif in person. HOW ABOUT A GEOCCHERS NIGHT OUT AT A LOCAL PUB FOR SOME BEER? ANY INTEREST? ITS AMAZING HOW MY WHOLE LIFE COMES BACK TO BEER.

ps you wouldnt have to have a beer if you didnt want to.

SR and dboggny. my mother in law rides a broom!

quote:
Originally posted by BassoonPilot:

Brdad, is that the Paul Bunyon in Bangor? The setting and background look entirely different from what I remember. (Which would only make sense if it's not the Paul Bunyon in Bangor, duh.)

It is indeed the Paul Bunyan in Bangor. All the other Paul Bunyans are fakes. icon_biggrin.gif

It's probably the unique angle of my picture, taken with only the best of disposable cameras. Plus, I took it in late Winter.

Maybe the full pic will refresh your memory? The auditorium is off to the left.

bigpb.jpg

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.

quote:
Originally posted by The BeeGees:

What in the Wide, Wide, World of Sports is goin' on here?

Slim Pickens - Blazing Saddles

the thrill of victory

and the agony of the feet

SR and dboggny. my mother in law rides a broom!

[This message was edited by dboggny on September 26, 2002 at 04:52 PM.]

[This message was edited by dboggny on September 27, 2002 at 02:35 AM.]

quote:
Originally posted by brdad:

It is indeed the Paul Bunyan in Bangor. All the other Paul Bunyans are fakes. icon_biggrin.gif

He's a lumberjack and he's ok. He sleeps all night and he works all day. icon_wink.gif

====================================

As always, the above statements are just MHO.

====================================

quote:
Originally posted by Harrald:

He's a lumberjack and he's ok. He sleeps all night and he works all day. icon_wink.gif

Monty Python is partly why I am the way I am today!

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.

Why was I not told about this thread?

I think I will post something in the "Complaint Dept." thread. I am about six complaints behind the whiny cross-dressing lumberjack, anyways.

What's that? There is no point to this thread, so there was nothing to tell me about? If that is the case, then why are the Seinfeld Show re-runs not shown in TV Guide as "Unlisted" or "Filmed in error... don't watch"????????

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

I keep missing my ex-wife. But my aim is getting better.

Our TV mostly plays old "Dr. Who" or "Dark Shadows" ("My name is Victoria Winters ...") tapes/dvds. [Hey brdad, where precisely is "Collinsport?" Near Jonesport? icon_wink.gif And how come I've never heard anyone in Maine speak with an accent resembling anyone from Collinsport?] But when we're sick and tired of the exquisitely bad acting and production values of such classics, we sometimes put on:

1. The Weather Channel (We'll leave it on for hours if Dave Schwartz is on and "in the groove.")

2. The History Channel (but they're putting on a lot of trash lately)

3. The Discovery Channel (ditto)

4. American Movie Classic (b/w was the best)

Wife: I don't like spam!

Man: Sshh, dear, don't cause a fuss. I'll have your spam. I love it. I'm having spam spam spam spam spam spam spam beaked beans spam spam spam and spam!

Vikings: Spam spam spam spam. Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!

Waitress: Shut up!! Baked beans are off.

Man: Well could I have her spam instead of the baked beans then?

Waitress: You mean spam spam spam spam spam spam... (but it is too late and the Vikings drown her words)

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Sorry! Moral imperative, had to be done!

Our TV mostly plays old "Dr. Who" or "Dark Shadows" ("My name is Victoria Winters ...") tapes/dvds. [Hey brdad, where precisely is "Collinsport?" Near Jonesport? icon_wink.gif And how come I've never heard anyone in Maine speak with an accent resembling anyone from Collinsport?] But when we're sick and tired of the exquisitely bad acting and production values of such classics, we sometimes put on:

1. The Weather Channel (We'll leave it on for hours if Dave Schwartz is on and "in the groove.")

2. The History Channel (but they're putting on a lot of trash lately)

3. The Discovery Channel (ditto)

4. American Movie Classic (b/w was the best)[/quote

Illegitimus non carborundum!

Normally Spiny Norman was wont to be about twelve feet from snout to tail, but when Dinsdale was depressed Norman could be anything up to eight hundred yards long. When Norman was about Dinsdale would go very quiet and start wobbling and his nose would swell up and his teeth would move about and he'd get very violent and claim that he'd laid Stanley Baldwin. [..........]

Vercotti: Doug (takes a drink) Well, I was terrified. Everyone was terrified of Doug. I've seen grown men pull their own heads off rather than see Doug. Even Dinsdale was frightened of Doug.

2nd Interviewer: What did he do?

Vercotti: He used... sarcasm. He knew all the tricks, dramatic irony, metaphor, pathos, puns, parody, litotes and... satire. He was vicious.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

quote:

[Hey brdad, where precisely is "Collinsport?" Near Jonesport? icon_wink.gif And how come I've never heard anyone in Maine speak with an accent resembling anyone from Collinsport?]

Having never seen Dark Shadows, I had to consult my map and WWW on this one. Collinsport does not exist, it is a fictional place, between Frenchmans bay and Logansport(which appears to be fictional too!). Frenchman's Bay is the bay where the town of Bar Harbor is (Northeast side of Mount Desert Island).

I think the people in Collinsport do not speak like true Mainiacs bcause they are most likely transplants. Maybe from NJ icon_biggrin.gif

Or it's just bad acting!

Women are like guns, keep one around long enough and you're going to want to shoot it.

[This message was edited by brdad on September 27, 2002 at 01:26 PM.]