12/13/14 event

dukeofurl01

Is there going to be a Souvenir graphic for a 12/13/14 event? I think there should be...

There wasn't one for 10/11/12 or 11/12/13, so I wouldn't expect there to be one for 12/13/14.

Anyway, if there was going to be one, TPTB would have made sure we'd know about it by now. Heck, the CITO 2015 souvenir, which isn't coming until April, was announced way back in September!

My bad, I just like to make jokes to European cachers about Giga events. He-he-he-he-he (Peter Griffin laugh), Giga Events. :P If there were a 12/13/14 Souvie, it would surely have been announced by now, and it's not going to happen. Evil Monkey in my closet avatatar He-he-he-he-he. :blink:

Hmm, this is the last chance for a month/day/year until 01/02/3003! I doubt many of us will be around to see that :blink:

What's wrong with 01/02/2103?

Nothing's wrong with it. In fact, put it on your calendar - especially if you expect major advances in health care! :rolleyes:

He did skip over 900 years. As for advances in health care, no need. Where's the thread where someone wants to start a service to allow people to log caches after they're dead?

Hmm, this is the last chance for a month/day/year until 01/02/3003! I doubt many of us will be around to see that :blink:

That's what I've noted on the page for the 12-13-14-15-16 event I am holding on the 13th.

Do you like the occurrences of sequential dates?

If so, you're in luck.

There will only be one more occurrence of a sequential date this century, and it occurs this year on Saturday December 13th, 2014.

To celebrate the last time this will occur this century, and for many us, our lifetime, come out for a brief gathering with your fellow geocachers.

What's wrong with 01/02/2103?

Yeah, how did I miss that? And every century after that. Guess I was thinking WAY TO FAR ahead. I felt there was a flaw in my thinking but could not come up with it.

No, but the fact is, almost every other country expressed dates as Day/Month/Year, and 12/13/14 would not be a valid date outside the U.S.

And now we see the folly of using the wrong ordering.

The DMY and MDY date formats are no longer totally dominant. Both are based on the way dates were read out or written - despite which, the US National Day is more commonly called "The Fourth of July" than "July [the] Fourth".

I would hope that by the turn of the next century we will all be writing dates as year/month/day. Already, this is the way dates are written in China, Japan, Korea, Hungary, Sweden, Lithuania, South Africa and Canada (Canada still uses MDY and DMY, but the confusion has led to a desire for standardisation).

I urge GS to consider a souvenir for 2020-02-02 which is a nice palindromic date, which many of us will be in a position to go for, rather than telling our kids to tell their kids to go for the 01/02/03 souvenir :) . 2021-12-02 would be the logical follow-up. Some lateral thinking will be needed in the intervening 79 years...

Edited by and1969

I urge GS to consider a souvenir for 2020-02-02 which is a nice palindromic date, which many of us will be in a position to go for, rather than telling our kids to tell their kids to go for the 01/02/03 souvenir :) . 2021-12-02 would be the logical follow-up. Some lateral thinking will be needed in the intervening 79 years...

There might very well be a 01/01/01 souvenir, which comes 2 years earlier than 01/02/03 :) and more importantly presents no confusion regarding the date.

Edited by Chrysalides