Double premium membership

Roman!

Sometimes, most times, for the average folk its very had, if not impossible to recognize brilliance. For the brilliant ones it's a struggle but knowing that the day will come when the average folk will see the folly of their ways and realize how lucky they were to have someone not only brilliant, but tenacious as well resulting in a better world for all make the struggle worthwhile.

You're welcome.

Intelligence is like underwear. Important that you have it, but not necessary to show it off. :P

If I buy DOUBLE PREMIUM membership, I want the final coordinates to all of my geocaches to be hidden unless I give someone authorization to find them.

If I buy a double premium membership I want the right to place puzzles that don't have a solution, just so I can gain some twisted satisfaction from the increasing levels of begging from people desperate for a clue.

Gee, and I thought it started out silly...
+1

What is the phrase? Illustrating absurdity with absurdity, or something like that?

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has it's limits. ^_^

I think our host is quickly learning that you can't herd cats. Even if he got pointers on doing that from Keystone at the Block Party, it won't help - not with this crowd! :rolleyes:

There's a difference between trying to herd cats and walking around with an open can of tuna fish in your pocket.

Pocket tuna is goooooood!

Sometimes, most times, for the average folk its very had, if not impossible to recognize brilliance. For the brilliant ones it's a struggle but knowing that the day will come when the average folk will see the folly of their ways and realize how lucky they were to have someone not only brilliant, but tenacious as well resulting in a better world for all make the struggle worthwhile.

You're welcome.

But when a brilliant one reads pure garbage from a sub-average who thinks he's brilliant there's no struggle to so recognize said garbage. Even average folk can easily recognize when non-brilliance is spewed.

+1

What is the phrase? Illustrating absurdity with absurdity, or something like that?

I think our host is quickly learning that you can't herd cats. Even if he got pointers on doing that from Keystone at the Block Party, it won't help - not with this crowd! :rolleyes:

There's a difference between trying to herd cats and walking around with an open can of tuna fish in your pocket.

You're welcome.

But when a brilliant one reads pure garbage from a sub-average who thinks he's brilliant there's no struggle to so recognize said garbage. Even average folk can easily recognize when non-brilliance is spewed.

That was brilliant!

Edited by GeoBain
+1

You're welcome.

That was brilliant!

"Why can't we all just get along?"

Why don't you all tell us a factoid about youselves? :ph34r:

You're welcome.

That was brilliant!

I'm a gimp.

Off topic is a Members Only feature, not available to the unpaid masses. This being a double premium thread, would only imply that it should be doubly off topic anyway.

Doubly off topic - that would be an off topic post in the Off Topic forum, which would mean it is on topic, right?

Amazing, you mention a cat in a thread about dogs and a bark and a meow later there is a "stay on topic" warning yet we are now on page 6 of 90% off topic posts. I think GS loves me.

Edited by Roman!
Ok... lets roll this back on topic.
Sure. So, what benefits should double premium membership offer? We've seen a variety of ideas that we could discuss further. Here are some of them:

Roman! - "would get you is final coordinates for all puzzle and multi cache"

The_Incredibles_ - "turns annoying Challenges into traditional caches"

T.D.M.22 - "have our logs locked, so only we can delete them"

gpsblake - "5,000 cache pocket queries, more filtering options (by name for example), and allow last 20 logs instead of 5 to be in the pocket queries, and raising the limit to the amount of queries you can run in one day"

Viajero Perdido - "plain text emails"

MKFmly - "Puzzles and Multi's come with final coordinates[...], Earthcaches come with answers[...], and webcams come with photo shopped pics (for a premium fee)" and "proxy finds and logs to get those desirable dated souvenirs"

lamoracke - "a locationless find" (for a premium fee)

niraD - "faster/better instant notifications" or "more stats, or [...] higher API limits, or [...] better maps."

kunarion - "Triple Premium Membership [...] prevents coords from being given to DPMO cachers."

Pinkpiggy7 - "access to Hamster caches"

team tisri - "automatic entitlement to round up film pots from behind posts and throw them all in the trash"

Pinkpiggy7 - "everyday, automatically logs 172 caches on your behalf"

4wheelin_fool - "identify geocachers who do not like puzzles, and make [your] puzzles invisible to them"

Roman! - "he cO can decide how much to charge for the solution, the cO gets 75% and GS gets 25%"

Sure. So, what benefits should double premium membership offer? We've seen a variety of ideas that we could discuss further. Here are some of them:

gpsblake - "5,000 cache pocket queries, more filtering options (by name for example), and allow last 20 logs instead of 5 to be in the pocket queries, and raising the limit to the amount of queries you can run in one day"

MKFmly - "Puzzles and Multi's come with final coordinates[...], Earthcaches come with answers[...], and webcams come with photo shopped pics (for a premium fee)" and "proxy finds and logs to get those desirable dated souvenirs"

niraD - "faster/better instant notifications" or "more stats, or [...] higher API limits, or [...] better maps."

kunarion - "Triple Premium Membership [...] prevents coords from being given to DPMO cachers."

team tisri - "automatic entitlement to round up film pots from behind posts and throw them all in the trash"

4wheelin_fool - "identify geocachers who do not like puzzles, and make [your] puzzles invisible to them"

Roman! - "he cO can decide how much to charge for the solution, the cO gets 75% and GS gets 25%"

The first and last suggestions are brilliant, the rest are just plain silly.

Really?

And I didn't see delivery service in that list.

Does this feel like an off topic thread to anyone else?ph34r.gif

Off topic? Surely you jest!

I never jest about fantasy! It's too serious a topic. :blink:

And don't call me Shirley! dry.gif

And just why not? It is a very good name..... :rolleyes:

Shirley - who surely is....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Shirley!

+1

You're welcome.

Some posts can be excused under the saying, "That's the beer talking," can't they? :grin:

Does this feel like an off topic thread to anyone else?ph34r.gif

Off topic? Surely you jest!

I never jest about fantasy! It's too serious a topic. :blink:

And don't call me Shirley! dry.gif

And just why not? It is a very good name..... :rolleyes:

Shirley - who surely is....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While it's a perfectly good name for those so named, for me it doesn't even come close. So ... Don't call me Shirely! (Besides, you don't have my number... :anicute: )

+1

You're welcome.

Some posts can be excused under the saying, "That's the beer talking," can't they? :grin:

Not with that many levels of quotes. :anitongue:

So, what benefits should double premium membership offer? We've seen a variety of ideas that we could discuss further. Here are some of them:

De gustibus non est disputandum.

Personally, I thought the first and last suggestions were among the silliest of the bunch. A few of the others make sense to me, but the ones that I really like are Viajero Perdido's suggestion for plain text emails and 4wheelin_fool's suggestion, which I would generalize as hiding from view caches (of whatever type) someone is unlikely to enjoy.

Because clearly, if they can process server logs, online logs, Favorites, bookmark lists, and other data to identify caches that someone is unlikely to enjoy (to hide them from view), then they could also identify caches that someone is likely to enjoy (to display a "recommended for you" list). That "recommended for you" list would be worth the price of a double premium membership.

So, what benefits should double premium membership offer? We've seen a variety of ideas that we could discuss further. Here are some of them:

Personally, I thought the first and last suggestions were among the silliest of the bunch. A few of the others make sense to me, but the ones that I really like are Viajero Perdido's suggestion for plain text emails and 4wheelin_fool's suggestion, which I would generalize as hiding from view caches (of whatever type) someone is unlikely to enjoy.

Because clearly, if they can process server logs, online logs, Favorites, bookmark lists, and other data to identify caches that someone is unlikely to enjoy (to hide them from view), then they could also identify caches that someone is likely to enjoy (to display a "recommended for you" list). That "recommended for you" list would be worth the price of a double premium membership.

If people only saw the caches that they enjoyed finding this forum would not exist.

If people only saw the caches that they enjoyed finding this forum would not exist.

No forum would mean no more questions which would mean happy customers. Happy customers is not a bad thing.

No forum would mean no more questions which would mean happy customers. Happy customers is not a bad thing.

No forum = nowhere to vent = steamed customers.

If people were venting, there woud be a forum. So I guess your statement that "If people only saw the caches that they enjoyed finding this forum would not exist" is wrong?

If people were venting, there woud be a forum. So I guess your statement that "If people only saw the caches that they enjoyed finding this forum would not exist" is wrong?

I had an explanation but it confused even me so it's much easier to agree.

That's what YouTube has. It suggests videos based upon your history compared to other's history. A simple thumbs up or thumbs down vote, kept hidden and separate from the favorites, should accomplish the same thing.

Edited by 4wheelin_fool

No, because even yeast is more intelligent than that :D

Yes, surprisingly, it keeps you from getting drunk.

http://www.esquire.com/_mobile/blogs/food-for-men/how-not-to-get-drunk?utm_source=zergnet.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_170974&dom=zerg&src=syn&mag=esq

Finally some useful information! :grin: I imagine there will be some testing by readers of this thread. Sounds like it has a scientific basis - break down some of the alcohol before it can be absorbed. Now if only someone could deal with the calories....

You're welcome.

That was brilliant!

I'm a gimp.

I'm a "known curmudgeon".

You're welcome.

That was brilliant!

I'm a gimp.

I'm a "known curmudgeon".

I'm surprised Ceberus isn't. If I ate 50-year-old rhubarb I'd turn into a curmudgeon or something! :laughing: