Double premium membership

Roman!

You must really hate D4.5 camouflage caches too then, huh?

For some of us, part of the appeal of geocaching is the combination of physical and mental activity. Please stop trying to break that for us.

Thank you.

If GS decided to implement my suggestion wouldn't that suggest that it was already broken?

That's one big if. But anything is possible in 'Roman!'s Fantasyland'. Do keep in mind that fantasy is not reality, and if you try to live in said fantasy there is a name for that in psychology (most of us not having degrees in it might use the general term "nuts" but that's beside the point).

We have someone in this thread talking about astral projecting himself to a cache and signing the log with telekinises and you're calling me nuts?

Makes about as much sense as your idea.

I still prefer a cache delivery service, personally.

My idea breaks no laws of Groundspeak or laws of physics.

Do you know astral projection breaks the laws of physics? Perhaps we just haven't tapped the full potential of the human mind. From the contents of the this thread, it appears with haven't come remotely close.

So now I'm nuts and stupid?

I'd have to defer that question to someone more sane and intelligent than me.

Than I.

You too?

we are on page 5... Way to go, Roman!

<_<

Justin 11:17

And one day they shal say his name, Roman!

And they will bask in his brilliance,a brilliance lost upon them for far too long.

And they shall sing and dance and drink beer in celebration.

For geocaching has become a better place.

<_<

And they will bask in his brilliance,a brilliance lost upon them for far too long.

Puzzle beer?

Beer_Kag_3D_WoodenPuzzle_L1.jpg

<_<

Puzzle beer?

Justin 11:18

And one man who's name shall never again be spoken shall drink of puzzle beer.

And he shall be cast out and forced to wander the earth for 99 years with nothing but a cellphone forced to use it to scan hidden QR codes.

And the joyous shall revel in a life without puzzles.

"You agree not to: [...] Publish on our websites the solutions, hints, spoilers, or any hidden coordinates for any geocache without consent from the geocache owner."

Sound familiar?

Okay, technically that part of the TOU applies to us, and not to Groundspeak. And technically, cache owners grant Groundspeak a fairly unconstrained license to use their content. But I still think the spirit of the TOU is that Groundspeak expects "solutions, hints, spoilers, or any hidden coordinates" to be treated confidentially.

"You agree not to: [...] Publish on our websites the solutions, hints, spoilers, or any hidden coordinates for any geocache without consent from the geocache owner."

Sound familiar?

Okay, technically that part of the TOU applies to us, and not to Groundspeak. And technically, cache owners grant Groundspeak a fairly unconstrained license to use their content. But I still think the spirit of the TOU is that Groundspeak expects "solutions, hints, spoilers, or any hidden coordinates" to be treated confidentially.

Well, you just responded with my rebuttal, my idea does not break GS rules, maybe the spirit, but not the rules.

<_<

Puzzle beer?

Justin 11:18

And one man who's name shall never again be spoken shall drink of puzzle beer.

And he shall be cast out and forced to wander the earth for 99 years with nothing but a cellphone forced to use it to scan hidden QR codes.

And the joyous shall revel in a life without puzzles.

wH0WqS4.png

Solving puzzles involves thinking, I have to think enough during the day, last thing I want to do when I'm geocaching is think.

My mistake. I thought you were concerned about the negative health benefits. Now it's just that you don't want to think. Does trolling the forums require thinking? :)

Yes. It requires constantly thinking about getting the story straight. ;)

That's why my suggestion is so right, there are many reasons to employ it benefitting geocachers in many, many ways.

There you go, not using the logic you want others to use. Your suggestion would cause a whole lot of puzzle and multi caches to be archived - how is that "benifitting geoachers in many, many ways"? I see it benifitting Roman! in that there wouldn't be so many caches that are too much effort for him to get and his knickers wouldn't be so twisted.

Cool, if making caches easier to find results in them being archived can I have a system where I can just claim soggy film pots behind posts without having to go out and actually spend time looking for them?

↑↑↑ (referring to post 200, bottom of page 4)

Correct, but was that worth a post?? We understood what was being said.

:rolleyes:

I suggest not taking the moderator position - too confining. Of course, you could alternate between player account and moderator account for a Jekyl-&-Hyde existence!

Edited by wmpastor

You folks sure are giving the quote function a workout. :laughing:

I like the way the multiple quotes of multiple quotes eventually makes them longer and and thinner.

B.

Yeah, I was bummed that some were maxed out & I couldn't get in on the fun. These quotes show how extremely important this topic is. :rolleyes:

Edited by wmpastor

Does anyone remember the thread where someone discussed claiming a find where he was "virtually present" (by video) while others battled the nettles, mosquitoes, heat & hills? He even gave real-time input into where to search, etc. B):o

No need to wait for "Roman!'s Fantasyland," if you think that's legit! :grin::angry::yikes:

Roman!, tough call, huh?! You'd save time, but not get the exercise. A real conundrum! This subtopic can give you another half page, if people run with it! :P

Gimme quote trees! :anibad:

<_<

Crowd psychology and mesmerizing quote trees. The scenario is more addictive than crack!

It's like getting drawn into a black hole. There is no force to stop.

You still have at least 10 more posts to go before you win the thread.

Who posted in: Double premium membership

Member name

Roman! 39

wmpastor 29

GeoBain 26

team tisri 16

niraD 12

4wheelin_fool 9

The Jester 8

Chrysalides 8

kunarion 7

Charlie-Sheen-Winning-Poster.jpg

If I buy DOUBLE PREMIUM membership, I want the final coordinates to all of my geocaches to be hidden unless I give someone authorization to find them.

Touche`! Trounced Roman! Of course, this thread's ideas could be part of a giant plot to *persuade* more people to get premium membership. The only way we can figure out Roman! is to hire a private detective. He seems like a renegade, but he may be getting cozy with GS headquarters!

:unsure:;)

<_<

Crowd psychology and mesmerizing quote trees. The scenario is more addictive than crack!

Member name

Roman! 39

wmpastor 29

GeoBain 26

team tisri 16

niraD 12

4wheelin_fool 9

The Jester 8

Chrysalides 8

kunarion 7

Someone must have hacked my account!

Solving puzzles involves thinking, I have to think enough during the day, last thing I want to do when I'm geocaching is think.
You must really hate D4.5 camouflage caches too then, huh?

For some of us, part of the appeal of geocaching is the combination of physical and mental activity. Please stop trying to break that for us.

Thank you.

If GS decided to implement my suggestion wouldn't that suggest that it was already broken?

That's one big if. But anything is possible in 'Roman!'s Fantasyland'. Do keep in mind that fantasy is not reality, and if you try to live in said fantasy there is a name for that in psychology (most of us not having degrees in it might use the general term "nuts" but that's beside the point).

We have someone in this thread talking about astral projecting himself to a cache and signing the log with telekinises and you're calling me nuts?

I never called you "nuts" - unless you believe your fantasy is reality then you might have a condition that the general public lumps under the term "nuts", but I'm not qualified to diagnosis such a condition.

I like the way the multiple quotes of multiple quotes eventually makes them longer and and thinner.

B.

Yeah, I was bummed that some were maxed out & I couldn't get in on the fun.

The trick is to remove the innermost quote. It would be awesome if there wasn't a 10 quote limit though.

B.

The trick is to remove the innermost quote. It would be awesome if there wasn't a 10 quote limit though.

That would be a nice double premium member feature.

B.

That would be a nice double premium member feature.

I cannot believe I didn't think to include that.

<_<

Member name

Roman! 39

wmpastor 29

GeoBain 26

team tisri 16

niraD 12

4wheelin_fool 9

The Jester 8

Chrysalides 8

kunarion 7

Well Dude, you shouldn't have used Geocaching as your password. Hey, is this quote tree getting long enough for you?

<_<

Member name

Roman! 39

wmpastor 29

GeoBain 26

team tisri 16

niraD 12

4wheelin_fool 9

The Jester 8

Chrysalides 8

kunarion 7

Well Dude, you shouldn't have used Geocaching as your password. Hey, is this quote tree getting long enough for you?

It's not even halfway to the limit.

<_<

Member name

Roman! 39

wmpastor 29

GeoBain 26

team tisri 16

niraD 12

4wheelin_fool 9

The Jester 8

Chrysalides 8

kunarion 7

Getting there. And my password was more clever than "geocaching." I went with "p-a-s-s-w-o-r-d." Tricky, huh?! ;)

<_<

Member name

Roman! 39

wmpastor 29

GeoBain 26

team tisri 16

niraD 12

4wheelin_fool 9

The Jester 8

Chrysalides 8

kunarion 7

Getting there. And my password was more clever than "geocaching." I went with "p-a-s-s-w-o-r-d." Tricky, huh?! ;)

Not as bad as 12345678.

dry.gif

Member name

Roman! 39

wmpastor 29

GeoBain 26

team tisri 16

niraD 12

4wheelin_fool 9

The Jester 8

Chrysalides 8

kunarion 7

Not as bad as 12345678.

Yeah, at least I added a 9 to the end of that.

dry.gif

Member name

Roman! 39

wmpastor 29

GeoBain 26

team tisri 16

niraD 12

4wheelin_fool 9

The Jester 8

Chrysalides 8

kunarion 7

Not as bad as 12345678.

Put a -0- at the end and your password is 12.5% longer! Trips up the "baddies"! Woo-hoo!

Member name

Roman! 39

wmpastor 29

GeoBain 26

team tisri 16

niraD 12

4wheelin_fool 9

The Jester 8

Chrysalides 8

kunarion 7

Not as bad as 12345678.

Put a -0- at the end and your password is 12.5% longer! Trips up the "baddies"! Woo-hoo!

Use a i for 1 and really screw with them.

Member name

Roman! 39

wmpastor 29

GeoBain 26

team tisri 16

niraD 12

4wheelin_fool 9

The Jester 8

Chrysalides 8

kunarion 7

Not as bad as 12345678.

I heard if you use a capital O Instead of 0, even the feds are stumped! ;)

Dang - maxed out the tree!

Not as bad as 12345678.

I heard if you use a capital O Instead of 0, even the feds are stumped! ;)

Dang - maxed out the tree!

Don't forget E for 3. Even the NSA can't crack that one.

All traditional caches, what's up with them anyways, why do I have to get off my rear end and go out to the coordinates to find a box?

I need to get off my duff and launch DroneCaching.

That's an idea, send a drone to GZ, completely destroy everything within 100 feet of the posted coordinates, then log NM saying the area is totally trashed. And the obligatory Find because you'd made the effort and it's not your fault the cache wasn't there.

... although I occasionally wonder if some people have already implemented this idea.

The CacheDrone 3000 has a feature which will drop a film can at GZ with pre-signed log after it has destroyed the area.

All traditional caches, what's up with them anyways, why do I have to get off my rear end and go out to the coordinates to find a box?

That's an idea, send a drone to GZ, completely destroy everything within 100 feet of the posted coordinates, then log NM saying the area is totally trashed. And the obligatory Find because you'd made the effort and it's not your fault the cache wasn't there.

... although I occasionally wonder if some people have already implemented this idea.

The CacheDrone 3000 has a feature which will drop a film can at GZ with pre-signed log after it has destroyed the area.

Yah right, people complain about $30/year for premium membership, who's gonna shell out for a CacheDrone 3000? This thread is starting to get silly.

As Moun10Bike said, a "known curmudgeon." :laughing:

Yah right, people complain about $30/year for premium membership, who's gonna shell out for a CacheDrone 3000?

A "known curmudgeon". It's also proven to be quite effective at keeping people off my lawn.

Yah right, people complain about $30/year for premium membership, who's gonna shell out for a CacheDrone 3000?

A "known curmudgeon". It's also proven to be quite effective at keeping people off my lawn.

Oh, you mean Moun10Bike used to trespass at your house?? :o

Yah right, people complain about $30/year for premium membership, who's gonna shell out for a CacheDrone 3000? This thread is starting to get silly.

Gee, and I thought it started out silly...

You never know what riede/thrill awaits you in Roman!'s Fantasyland.

+1

What is the phrase? Illustrating absurdity with absurdity, or something like that?

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has it's limits. ^_^

I think our host is quickly learning that you can't herd cats. Even if he got pointers on doing that from Keystone at the Block Party, it won't help - not with this crowd! :rolleyes:

+1

What is the phrase? Illustrating absurdity with absurdity, or something like that?

I think our host is quickly learning that you can't herd cats. Even if he got pointers on doing that from Keystone at the Block Party, it won't help - not with this crowd! :rolleyes:

There's a difference between trying to herd cats and walking around with an open can of tuna fish in your pocket.

+1

There's a difference between trying to herd cats and walking around with an open can of tuna fish in your pocket.

Pocket tuna is goooooood!

+1

Sometimes, most times, for the average folk its very had, if not impossible to recognize brilliance. For the brilliant ones it's a struggle but knowing that the day will come when the average folk will see the folly of their ways and realize how lucky they were to have someone not only brilliant, but tenacious as well resulting in a better world for all make the struggle worthwhile.

You're welcome.

+1

Sometimes, most times, for the average folk its very had, if not impossible to recognize brilliance. For the brilliant ones it's a struggle but knowing that the day will come when the average folk will see the folly of their ways and realize how lucky they were to have someone not only brilliant, but tenacious as well resulting in a better world for all make the struggle worthwhile.

You're welcome.

Thank you, we bow to... wait, do you have a blue bow?

+1

You're welcome.

Um, are you referring to this thread? :yikes:

+1

You're welcome.

Um, are you referring to this thread? :yikes:

The pendulum of the thread oscillates between sense and nonsense, rather than right and wrong.

+1

You're welcome.

Thank you, we bow to... wait, do you have a blue bow?

The man of true knowledge must not only be able to love his enemies, but hate his friends.