Geocaching playlists

Alright all my friendly geocaching fellows, my family is trying to make the ULTIMATE GEOCACHING MUSIC PLAYLIST (like the capitals for major echo effect?)

What music do you hunt caches to?

So far on the list:

Duran Duran - Hungry Like the Wolf

Phineas and Ferb - Not Knowing Where you're going

U2 - Still Haven't found What I'm looking for

REM - Stand

Blondie - One Way or Another

So what should we add? (Originally posted in off-topic, but was suggested that I post here.)

Alright all my friendly geocaching fellows, my family is trying to make the ULTIMATE GEOCACHING MUSIC PLAYLIST

Are you looking for music to hike to or music to drive from cache to cache to?

Also, are you specifically looking for A. songs whose message or title allude to treasure hunting or searching, or B. just all around good music? Because B. can be quite subjective.

Edited by Pork King

We had an event recently to celebrate a local cacher's 50,000th find.

I made a slideshow of photos and music.

After Googling 'traveling songs' and consulting someone who knows him well, some of the songs I included:

The Who - The Seeker

King of the Road

500 miles

I get around

Take me home, country roads

Route 66

When I'm gone

Homeward Bound

After doing this little project, I started putting tunes on my phone for when I go geocaching. I did a nice hike the other week and enjoyed the music so much I have added a whole bunch more for next time. I like upbeat music, mostly the latest hits.

A song called No Roads Here, by Corb Lund. It just fits when looking for certain caches in the prairie.

Then there's Anotherone Bites the Dust by Queen. Great for power trails.

Just hope The Truck Got Stuck, by the Corb again, is never song that reminds me of caching.

Mostly my family wanted a playlist of music on the subject of hunting and finding/not finding, so A. The other fun, in also introducing myself to other music types. Thanks for the replies, keep them coming. I'm hoping I can make a spotify channel that everyone can listen to sometime this summer.

-MacAlyster

I believe that everyone's geocaching play list will be quite different given the diversity of cachers. I myself would load my geocaching play list with bands like Streetlight Manifesto, The Bouncing Souls, Danzig and a whole score of other bands most people care not to listen to, LOL.

I'm going to need to put my Streetlight Manifesto on my phone. Caching to "Would You Be Impressed?" is just too tempting.

Honestly, I/we don't listen to music while I'm/we're caching, except when I'm/we're driving to a cache in one of our vehicles. Then it's just on whatever Satellite radio channel it happens to be on at the moment. But once I/we leave that vehicle and hiking to a cache, I/we much prefer the quiet sound of nature around us.

I don't listen to music while I'm caching, or anytime I'm out of doors - I like to listen to nature.

I quite often have songs pop into my head whenever people say things that make me think of songs. Then I'm singing them for a while. I have this problem while caching, if a cache title makes me think of a song.

I just placed two caches, and unfortunately, I named them after song titles. One is, "Down By the Bay", and the other one is, "Letters From the Sky". Do you know how annoying it is to get found it logs for "Down By the Bay" and then have that song stuck in your head for the rest of the day? :anibad::rolleyes: I asked for it. :laughing:

Alright all my friendly geocaching fellows, my family is trying to make the ULTIMATE GEOCACHING MUSIC PLAYLIST (like the capitals for major echo effect?)

What music do you hunt caches to?

So far on the list:

Duran Duran - Hungry Like the Wolf

Phineas and Ferb - Not Knowing Where you're going

U2 - Still Haven't found What I'm looking for

REM - Stand

Blondie - One Way or Another

So what should we add? (Originally posted in off-topic, but was suggested that I post here.)

Music while caching is not my style. If I am hiking, biking, or kayaking then the last thing I want is for someone to start blaring sounds of any sort. But if there is going to be a little driving, then I have been known to put on Roadrunner (either the Modern Lovers or Joan Jett, better yet . . . both!). It will get me a little further down the road as does anything by Richard Thompson - who doesn't cache to his version of Oops I Did It Again? My old caching handle was based on a line from Cooksferry Queen,

But I recently did some caches on Lake Clementine. By the time you hit the third themed cache, it is easy to start paddling to the cadence of Oh My Darling. I looked for a killer version of that tune, perhaps a cover by Springsteen or Cohen, but there was nothing to do other than hope that the next cache had a different theme.

Edited by geodarts

Here is a copy of something I posted in a similar thread a few years ago. I got these all off my iPod so there is a chance I may actually be listening to one of them while caching.

This Must Be The Place - Talking Heads

Signal In The Sky - The Apples in Stereo

Satellite - The Replacements

Map Ref. 41N 93W - Wire

Dig Me Out - Sleater Kinny

The Closer You Are - Guided By Voices

The Walk - The Cure

All We Ever Look For - Kate Bush

Roam - B52's

Go For It - Stiff Little Fingers

How Far - Beth Orton

Nowhere Near - Yo La Tengo