Show off your souvenir

Roman!

With the discussion of how souvenirs have been cheapened why not add some value. Post your favourite souvenir with a story of why it is your favourite.

5e073288-49a7-4ed2-a1c5-f041aa3f9103.png

Last July I attended the Island Spirit mega and racked up some 500 caches during my week there but while logging them I misslogged one and ended up with the California souvenir but have never found a cache there. When I got back to Vancouver I still had a week off and one night I woke up at 3 am and couldn't fall asleep so I went and rented a car and drove to the nearest California cache to my house. I also stopped by the Original Stash Tribute Plaque and made it to California and back in 28 hours.

Edited by Roman!

Definitely my favorite.

7fde7f5c-b34f-4939-9bed-86110e787f45.png

I only managed to get one actual geocache at the event. But they were throwing candy in the street and my son and I had a great time at the GPS adventure maze.

Shaun

Edit: I can't spell.

Edited by ShaunEM

Last July I attended the Island Spirit mega and racked up some 500 caches during my week there but while logging them I misslogged one and ended up with the California souvenir but have never found a cache there.

I went to your same mega and got the Texas souvenir, but never emailed a lackey to have it removed because I knew I had a reasonable chance to get Texas the next year and did so.

My favorite one is the Ape Cache one.

Last July I attended the Island Spirit mega and racked up some 500 caches during my week there but while logging them I misslogged one and ended up with the California souvenir but have never found a cache there.

I went to your same mega and got the Texas souvenir, but never emailed a lackey to have it removed because I knew I had a reasonable chance to get Texas the next year and did so.

My favorite one is the Ape Cache one.

I did to but I had it removed, a bit too far to drive.

I was going to get the APE one for my 500th cache before it got archived, had it all planned then changed my plans to attend the first APE event.....DOH!

Edited by Roman!

125px-Flag_of_Chile.svg.png125px-Flag_of_Nicaragua.svg.png125px-Flag_of_Brunei.svg.png100px-Flag_of_Sarawak.svg.png160px-Flag_of_Queretaro.svg.png

Just a few of the places where I've attempted FTF hunts, and (in the case of the last one), a state where I met some great local cachers who took me for a surprise road trip / FTF hunt.

Or did you mean just from the existing list? I've met some great cachers in:

5708cb9c-83f0-47b8-b4be-5b2eb4276d0a.pngd8e5d5d8-9510-440b-845a-159836f2b721.pngae7b7826-a5ac-43c4-a49d-1b763cb4700e.png4cb3dcf3-1653-41e5-a7fa-980428711cee.png

And simply because I live here, I've found most of the memorable caches close to home:

d8e5d5d8-9510-440b-845a-159836f2b721.png

With the discussion of how souvenirs have been cheapened why not add some value. Post your favourite souvenir with a story of why it is your favourite.

5e073288-49a7-4ed2-a1c5-f041aa3f9103.png

I think that showing off the actual souvenir, rather than the generic thumbnail, would be more interesting:

cb5bbd22-1aa1-497a-8d2a-e478a9ba1602.png

B.

There are many people that don't know there is a larger souvenir so great idea.

Here's my favorite:

3e2ee5b7-94bd-4ac4-ae57-48a387edbc3d.jpg?rnd=0.005561471

Actually, since I don't care about souvenirs one way or the other, all mine have equal value to me. I show the Kansas souvenir because it demonstrates this point well. I, too, received it for logging (and then deleting) an incorrect cache. I just couldn't be bothered to ask Groundspeak to remove the erroneous souvenir I ended up with as a result.

Here's my favorite:

Actually, since I don't care about souvenirs one way or the other, all mine have equal value to me. I show the Kansas souvenir because it demonstrates this point well. I, too, received it for logging (and then deleting) an incorrect cache. I just couldn't be bothered to ask Groundspeak to remove the erroneous souvenir I ended up with as a result.

But I beg to differ, this Kansas souvenir is more special to you because it sums up your feelings towards souvenirs.

Here's mine:

ec1f68e9-d44d-42c5-bf99-4996fb0e8584.png

It represents my first visit and first found cache in Africa and it's one of the nicest looking souvenirs as well. Then there is this one:

6195982427_60f8b80302_m.jpg

That is the artwork GS created for a Souvenir for Ethiopia. It's on the Geocaching.com Flickr Page. It was not officially released when almost all of the souvenirs on the Flickr page were released for the 2,000,000th published cache promotion. It would probably be pretty rare even if it was released.

Here's my favorite:

And I thought it was going to be for the 9th of 17 throwdown caches that have been called Mingo over the years. :ph34r:

If you delete the log, the souvenir stays?