Username Changes?

We really like our username - it's fun! :D - but after we found our first few caches we are finding the long name rather annoying to write out on itty bitty teeny tiny log books! LOL! We're beginning to rethink our username and consider changing it. I see many other cachers out there with names just a long as ours. Have any of you gotten tired of writing such long names in tiny spaces? If so, what have you done to make it easier? Also have any of you changed your username to something smaller?

We really like our username - it's fun! :D - but after we found our first few caches we are finding the long name rather annoying to write out on itty bitty teeny tiny log books! LOL! We're beginning to rethink our username and consider changing it. I see many other cachers out there with names just a long as ours. Have any of you gotten tired of writing such long names in tiny spaces? If so, what have you done to make it easier? Also have any of you changed your username to something smaller?

Lots of folks use an abbreviation of their username in the logbook, and mention "logged as xxx" in their online log.

Lots of folks have changed their usernames, for various reasons I suppose.

Help Center → Geocaching → My Account and Profile

8.14. Username Change

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=115

B.

Noooooooooooooooooooooo!

You don't need to change your user name if you like it...

I have worked out the perfect strategy for you...

You just need to abbreviate it and squeeze it down a bit...

until you have the perfect signature for any log dimension...

It's easy...

Look...

33861e3c-76a8-4bc1-837a-6e4cd300b9e2.jpg

MrsB (Graphologist to the Stars)

;)

Noooooooooooooooooooooo!

You don't need to change your user name if you like it...

I have worked out the perfect strategy for you...

You just need to abbreviate it and squeeze it down a bit...

until you have the perfect signature for any log dimension...

It's easy...

Look...

33861e3c-76a8-4bc1-837a-6e4cd300b9e2.jpg

MrsB (Graphologist to the Stars)

;)

Oh my gosh, that is brilliant! We didn't know we could shorten the name and you made it super cool and easy!

MartyBartFest, now that the song has gone through your mind for the 300th time do you hate us?? ;) LOL! That song never fails to make us smile and laugh. :)

I see many other cachers out there with names just a long as ours. Have any of you gotten tired of writing such long names in tiny spaces? If so, what have you done to make it easier? Also have any of you changed your username to something smaller?

Haven't gotten tired of writing it. Got dead tired of explaining it at events, and I haven't even done many of those. Stickers take the work out of writing it, but they don't make it take less room. I would never change it to something smaller. You only get to live once, so you only get one chance to be something unique. Go for the gusto, I say.

I briefly considered writing an abbreviation, until I realized it was getting too close to "Satan," spelled backward. :blink: Eh, I think I'll just squeeze the whole thing in, somehow.

I see many other cachers out there with names just a long as ours. Have any of you gotten tired of writing such long names in tiny spaces? If so, what have you done to make it easier? Also have any of you changed your username to something smaller?

Haven't gotten tired of writing it. Got dead tired of explaining it at events, and I haven't even done many of those. Stickers take the work out of writing it, but they don't make it take less room. I would never change it to something smaller. You only get to live once, so you only get one chance to be something unique. Go for the gusto, I say.

I briefly considered writing an abbreviation, until I realized it was getting too close to "Satan," spelled backward. :blink: Eh, I think I'll just squeeze the whole thing in, somehow.

So... ummmm... What does nonaeroterraqueous mean then? :huh:

:unsure:

MrsB ;)

LOL! Too funny, J. Audubon Woodlore! Paybacks are...???? But at least it's a fun song, right? :D

WarNinjas, tell your daughter she can't have the name now because we're not changing the name now! Hee hee! I'm GLAD that we don't have to change it, seeing as we can abbreviate. We didn't know we could abbreviate the name - still newbies that we are. So the infamous name sticks! Yay! :D

My husband seconds MrsB's question to nonaeroterraqueous.... what does the name mean? Maybe this thread's name should change to "Username Meanings"! I am enjoying hearing the meanings and the stories behind them. :)

So... ummmm... What does nonaeroterraqueous mean then? :huh:

Fire?

That is the better of two solutions I came up with as well... on the other hand it could be the absence of any of the three more tangible 'elements' thus a vacuum or nothing at all.

Doug 7rxc