Lock n Lock

badger10

I didn't realize they had ever gone. Or maybe I don't understand something here.

As far as I can tell, the sale items on Woot seldom last very long. In other words, you can't expect to revisit the Web site three days later and find the same deals.

--Larry

Or the next day. By design, Woot! is one item per day. Unless it's a Woot! off, but that's a whole 'nother ball of wax.

(Yeah. Woot! is just about as addictive as a few other things I could thing of...) :D

I didn't realize they had ever gone. Or maybe I don't understand something here.

As far as I can tell, the sale items on Woot seldom last very long. In other words, you can't expect to revisit the Web site three days later and find the same deals.

--Larry

Or the next day. By design, Woot! is one item per day. Unless it's a Woot! off, but that's a whole 'nother ball of wax.

(Yeah. Woot! is just about as addictive as a few other things I could thing of...) :D

like their big bag of crap

My local Wally World has a 16 pc (8 containers) Mainstays brand lock & lock type containers for $7.97+ tax. About $1.08 each.

If they ain't Lock n Lock brand they ain't Lock n Locks. I've tried many other Lock N Lock type containers and none com close to real Lock n Locks.

Agreeing here. A knock-off is a knock-off is a knock-off, which usually equates to a rip-off.

Wally World wants your money, they don't want to make you happy with what you bought ('cuz it ain't their problem, donchaknow).

My local Wally World has a 16 pc (8 containers) Mainstays brand lock & lock type containers for $7.97+ tax. About $1.08 each.

If they ain't Lock n Lock brand they ain't Lock n Locks. I've tried many other Lock N Lock type containers and none com close to real Lock n Locks.

Agreeing here. A knock-off is a knock-off is a knock-off, which usually equates to a rip-off.

Wally World wants your money, they don't want to make you happy with what you bought ('cuz it ain't their problem, donchaknow).

The WalMarts around here stopped carrying real Lock n Locks a couple years ago. Now they sell Sterlite and Rubbermaid versions which aren't very good.

I bought a few Faberware locking containers recently and their locking mechanism is almost identical to Lock n Lock's. I haven't set any in the wild yet though so I have no idea how they'll hold up.

The WalMarts around here stopped carrying real Lock n Locks a couple years ago. Now they sell Sterlite and Rubbermaid versions which aren't very good.

I bought a few Faberware locking containers recently and their locking mechanism is almost identical to Lock n Lock's. I haven't set any in the wild yet though so I have no idea how they'll hold up.

I think it's modern merchandising. One company bribes the store to carry its brand only. Rubbermaid has convinced the store to carry only its brand, and not Lock and Lock. I can't find them anywhere. So I buy from Groundspeak.

Smimilar thought. I cannot find Kraft Mayonnaise anymore. Local stores only carry Hellman's or Store Brand.

Unfortunately. Rubbermaid just is not as good a quality.