Reasons for Bans

We were discussing this in the car yesterday on the way back from caching. We could see plenty of reasons why someone might get banned from the forums, but, other than the long running debate about spoilers what other reasons could get someone banned from the geocaching website (hopefully not asking this question on the forums :yikes: )

This came up as we were joking, she said she liked the note book we had seen being used as a log book - her log could read 'took notebook, left pencil!'

Obviously this would be highly irregular and tantamount to stealing and we wouldn't partake in any such activity but, is that the sort of thing that would be seen by the powers that be as not in the spirit of geocaching?

Any of you guys who have been around a while must have come across other instances of bans - but don't mention names!

1. Let's avoid having this topic turn into a third active thread about the example mentioned in the OP.

2. A geocacher has to work really, really hard to get a permanent ban. Usually this imposed after a temporary suspension of site privileges fails to correct the misbehavior. A person has to work hard to get a temporary suspension, too.

3. Bans and suspensions are given for serious and/or uncorrected violations of the website's Terms of Use.

Any of you guys who have been around a while must have come across other instances of bans - but don't mention names!

Some cases I am familiar with involved repeated deletion of legitimate logs and not willing to give in, e.g. requiring ALR after their abolishment or asking for photos for ECs after the

change of the guidelines (in cases where no special exception was given by the EC reviewer to ask for a photo).

Cezanne

I could think of a person that I believe should be banned that I have recently read about in the forums. Sure doesn't play well, lied, and so on. I won't mention the instance as it will start the conversation all over again about him. LOL If this case doesn't cause at least a temp suspension I can't imagine what would.

Had to google what that meant - WHY! Certainly worth a ban though IMHO :laughing:

Ok edited now I realised why thats supposed to be funny :anicute: , googled it before I clicked the linky, I also always fall for the pardon after I mention deafness. I actually have that song in my head even though I never just heard it. I'm off to the pub to see if I can replace it with some of their cheese!

Edited by The Real Boudica.

Had to google what that meant - WHY! Certainly worth a ban though IMHO :laughing:

Ok edited now I realised why thats supposed to be funny :anicute: , googled it before I clicked the linky, I also always fall for the pardon after I mention deafness. I actually have that song in my head even though I never just heard it. I'm off to the pub to see if I can replace it with some of their cheese!

Do you really think stuffing pub cheese in your ears will get that out of your head now?

Nope-it's too late. :laughing:

Color me confused

If I'm understanding your confusion, I think this link might help

Do I dare click on the link? :lol:

This one is safe. When in doubt, right click and open in a new window.

I was just kidding. I've been through enough Rickrolls in my lifetime to know how to hover my mouse over a link and check the URL in my status bar. Beware also of any tinyURL links. :)

Color me confused

If I'm understanding your confusion, I think this link might help

Do I dare click on the link? :lol:

This one is safe. When in doubt, right click and open in a new window.

I was just kidding. I've been through enough Rickrolls in my lifetime to know how to hover my mouse over a link and check the URL in my status bar. Beware also of any tinyURL links. :)

Well, I do remember someone rickrolling us here in the forums, and it was a site with javascript that wouldn't let you exit the your browser and the video until the whole thing was over. Some posters really went bonkers over that. I thought maybe he did in fact get a temporary forum ban for it. So yep, I clicked 'er without hovering first.

I had no idea what rickrolling was until this, and once I found out, I laughed so hard I cried. Yep, it's the dumb stuff that gets me. That's great. Gotta love when someone tells you they're tricking you and you're surprised when you get tricked.

Beleive it or not, some people find it incredibly offensive. To rickroll someone is considered to be the ultimate insult.... Some people have no sense of humor, but that is a subject for another thread...

I had no idea what rickrolling was until this, and once I found out, I laughed so hard I cried. Yep, it's the dumb stuff that gets me. That's great. Gotta love when someone tells you they're tricking you and you're surprised when you get tricked.

Beleive it or not, some people find it incredibly offensive. To rickroll someone is considered to be the ultimate insult.... Some people have no sense of humor, but that is a subject for another thread...

I have a terrific sense of humor, but I also think that everything has a time and a place. I only have so much time to participate in these forums and when it is intentionally wasted following links that have absolutely no relevance to the discussion, I do get frustrated. The gag gets played to the point that it crosses over from funny to frustrating. Personally, for me, that was some time ago.

I have a terrific sense of humor, but I also think that everything has a time and a place. I only have so much time to participate in these forums and when it is intentionally wasted following links that have absolutely no relevance to the discussion, I do get frustrated. The gag gets played to the point that it crosses over from funny to frustrating. Personally, for me, that was some time ago.

You know the rules and so do I.

A full commitment's what I'm thinking of, you wouldn't get this from any other guy. I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling, gotta make you understand. Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down, never gonna run around and desert you, never gonna make you cry, never gonna say goodbye, never gonna tell a lie and hurt you..