Recommend me a 1000 cache!

golfchick

Kidderminster ish, dont mind travelling a little bit but not for hours on end!

Not an area I know well, but we did a nice circuit round Dodford recently, with one you might consider to be a 1000 cache candidate.

Might be a bit far for you, but if you don't mind travelling to (just east of) Bath the Below Above series is very good.

Rgds, Andy

There's several around that area, or in the general WM area. You could always try for the final of Alchemy Quest, but that requires you to find several others first, or else there's Cut Down Cache. Both these are 5/5 caches. Although I haven't found them myself I have had them recommended.

You may get a better selection if you post on the WM Regional Caching Forum for any recommendations from local cachers.

The below and above set sound really good fun but ill have to ask my fellow 1000 cacher we're hoping to do together as his movements are more limited than me and he may think its beyond his ability, maybe ill message the CO and see which of the set he thinks we'll be able to manage.

I've saved cut down cache and alchemy, fellow cacher has already done cut down cache and to collect 14 other caches I'm not sure if he'd struggle... I'm not even sure he'll be able to mount up that number of caches in the meantime especially considering how fast I mount them up!

I think I'll do severn virtual myself soon before the 1000 just for a nice day out now the kids are back at school!

thanks for the recommendations, keep em coming!

I am even closer to 1000 (although I think you will still get there first) so I will follow this thread with interest.

I have just done Shropshire View that is an old one and I would recommend that if you haven't already done it.

The Above Below series was the most fun I have had caching, but it's best with a small group and is not for everyone. We did them in the recommended order and now the first one seems quite tame, but starting at the hardest would have been disastrous.

At the moment I am planning http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=87acf37f-7a4a-45a1-adb1-350c3023b952 which is north of me, but south of you so you never know we might end up searching the same day :-)

I know this is perhaps a bit too far out of the way but I'd recommend Smuggler Quest 6 - Ravenscar to anyone.

Bear in my that your 999th would have to be The Ravenscar Beast in order to complete the Smuggler Quest cache!

Oh and in order to do The Ravenscar Beast you have to complete Ravenscar Treasure Trove and (the simple) Heather Haven

But couldn't recommend them enough. Amazing scenery and challenging caches. Perfect for a huge milestone!

Our 1000th find was Church Micro 1000 which is a Wherigo (our one and only so far) but really enjoyed it

Was planned for on our way home from hols in west country and before Kent County Cachers event in Loose nr Maidstone

Church Micro 1,000...Wherigo to Church GC22R7D

Good luck with whatever you choose golfchick