Opps!

Pedagog

Whilst out placing a multi cache today I spotted a great hiding hole in the base of a tree. I clambered over to it, slipped cache in to check it fitted. No problem so took it out to finish it off, slipped it back in, thought I'll just slip it a little further so its out of sight and it disappeared completely.

You do get caches which are in a plastic tube and you have to fill them with water to float the cache up. So, is there a cattle trough nearby? A bucket? Problem solved.... for you that is.... not the first to (try) and find :lol:

Are we suggesting drowning whatever animal made the hole? That's fine by me for a FTF :ph34r: but maybe a bit much for a regular caching trip :lol:

Edited by NattyBooshka
Or possibly retrieving ferret?

From experience of losing something down an animal hole... a ferret is useless... though it did come back up with a freshly killed rabbit.

So if the small child disappears...

Never tried this... Guessing the ferret(s) may retrieve it... Also guessing you may not want them to.

Had 12 ferrets once in an outdoor run... Neighbour kept telling me his cat, who watched them for hours, would have one. It tried once... Fight lasted maybe 10 seconds... and the neighbour tried to blame me for the loss of his pet on my property at the hands of my pets in their enclosure... It didn't make it to court :)

a ferret is useless... though it did come back up with a freshly killed rabbit.

So it brings you lunch and you call it useless, some people are never happy :D

Back to the OP, I have occasionally used the method of taping a small camera (or nowadays a phone would do) to the end of a stick and poking it into holes and either videoing or taking a series of stills when hunting for stuff.

Don't worry - it'll probably re-appear in the base of some tree in New Zealand.

MrsB

Haven't seen it here yet but I'll look again when it stops snowing and the sun comes out.

Geocache hunting is like fishing, so much more enjoyable when the sun is on your back.

Greetings from New Zealand

Just out of interest, how come your avatar is the Aussie flag?

:blink:

LOL is there an attribute for 'Small child required to retrieve cache'?

Now you mention it, we've been to a few that say 'here's one for the kids to find'. I did wonder what to make of that when we were first caching and we joked of dangling them on a bit of string, or taping them to a long stick and other scenarios.