INTERNATIONAL...Kitchin Sink MINIMission

WRITE SHOP ROBERT

I guess the best thing to do with this is let WSR decide, he's the one that would have to do the work :) It would be nice to see the actual mileage of the coin, but I don't want to crate extra work :unsure:

Or WSR could post the GC# for a local(to him) cache, and those who want to drop it near him could do that themselves. No extra work required on his end.

The problem with that, is there would then be someone's local cache that would end up with 25 notes on it of people dipping a bug. Talk about clutting a cache page.

It could be one of WSRs caches, and all notes could be deleted after the drop.

I guess the best thing to do with this is let WSR decide, he's the one that would have to do the work :) It would be nice to see the actual mileage of the coin, but I don't want to crate extra work :unsure:

Or WSR could post the GC# for a local(to him) cache, and those who want to drop it near him could do that themselves. No extra work required on his end.

The problem with that, is there would then be someone's local cache that would end up with 25 notes on it of people dipping a bug. Talk about clutting a cache page.

Only 1 note would be required to dip all the coins. I guess WSR would have to have the coin in his inventory first. That could happen by him grabbing it from a cache where the coin is mailed from.

Ok...How about some facts and statistics...

Facts...

I will not be opening any of the BOXES, unless it is a BOX that is randomly selected for me to ship BACK out internationally(and only so that I can legaly complete the outgoing customs form). I will not be logging or dipping any of the coins. When a BOX is received at it's final location, the recipient should be the first person to GRAB the coin and set it loose to travel. Their location is the starting point(it's about being the owner of a coin that started in some random location. Please leave the honor of the first log to the person who gets your BOX. Now please excuse me while I label and photograph another pile of BOXES.

Statistics...

There are only 10 international players, so in fact, statistically speaking...most of the players are from the US.

Edited by WRITE SHOP ROBERT

Ok...How about some facts and statistics...

Facts...

I will not be opening any of the BOXES, unless it is a BOX that is randomly selected for me to ship BACK out internationally(and only so that I can legaly complete the outgoing customs form). I will not be logging or dipping any of the coins. When a BOX is received at it's final location, the recipient should be the first person to GRAB the coin and set it loose to travel. Their location is the starting point(it's about being the owner of a coin that started in some random location. Please leave the honor of the first log to the person who gets your BOX. Now please excuse me while I label and photograph another pile of BOXES.

Statistics...

There are only 10 international players, so in fact, statistically speaking...most of the players are from the US.

Whoa... I thought there were more international players (just from the name international kitchen sink mission). That makes sense then... no need to open all of them if only 40% are needing customs forms. Thanks for the info!

The box is ready to go! It's going out tomorrow first thing on my way to Toronto. B)

Hey now...I have toes you know. Haha, at least looking through your room, we can tell what's NOT in the BOX!

Yes unfortunately the big screen TV didn't fit in the itty bitty box, nor the wolf or the willow trees or cds or iron fairies :D

Well i guess an iron fairy would've fit, but that would make the box pretty heavy!

The box is ready to go! It's going out tomorrow first thing on my way to Toronto. B)

Hey now...I have toes you know. Haha, at least looking through your room, we can tell what's NOT in the BOX!

Yes unfortunately the big screen TV didn't fit in the itty bitty box, nor the wolf or the willow trees or cds or iron fairies :D

Well i guess an iron fairy would've fit, but that would make the box pretty heavy!

I love the Willow Tree Angels...some of them would fit in a box....

True I guess, none of mine though <_<

True I guess, none of mine though <_<

no...<chin quivering>....no willow angels? How about chocolate?

Oh there's definitely chocolate. Mmmm only 2 of the four fit in, so I had to put the other two out of their misery from the separation anxiety

ROTFLAMO - what a bugger! I'm so sorry to hear you had to put yourself through that... I guess it will be a good consolation prize for my box beating yours back to WSR! :laughing:

fb4175b3-9ec4-48ab-b067-48add92a8537.jpg

None of those are mine... but it should be only a day or two away... come on, I need to beat MoonCat & KDT!!!!

oh it's on! :ninja:

BRING IT!

I am gonna put the odds at 3/1 keewee

These odd in no way reflect the opinions of this forum, Groundspeak, any oddsmaking professional or anyone for that matter...please continue with the mission.

None of those are mine... but it should be only a day or two away... come on, I need to beat MoonCat & KDT!!!!

BRING IT!

These odd in no way reflect the opinions of this forum, Groundspeak, any oddsmaking professional or anyone for that matter...please continue with the mission.

Don't judge me by my sloth! Lmao I will not be beaten!

Edited to add: at least not willingly!!

Edited by MoonCat & KDT

BRING IT!

Don't judge me by my sloth! Lmao I will not be beaten!

Edited to add: at least not willingly!!

I've said it before and I will say it again... BRING IT!!!!!

:P

I fear the Canadian postal system does not share my enthusiasm in crushing you in this little race, keewee... If I lose I only blame them.. I wasn't paying $73 for shipping.

Should be there by Wednesday

How much was it from Ontario? Mine was $9.90. They probably weighed about the same except if you only put a ciment block in the box :laughing:

I fear the Canadian postal system does not share my enthusiasm in crushing you in this little race, keewee... If I lose I only blame them.. I wasn't paying $73 for shipping.

How much was it from Ontario? Mine was $9.90. They probably weighed about the same except if you only put a ciment block in the box :laughing:

It was 16.85 for regular mail or 20.30 for tracking number guaranteed delivery by wednesday. I opted for the latter as I don't trust the postal service here to not play kickball with my box.

It was $73.85 for guaranteed delivery by Monday at 10am, but my wallet wouldn't like that. Right now i think my only hope is that keewee's box gets lost at customs and isn't delivered till next thursday!!

It was 16.85 for regular mail or 20.30 for tracking number guaranteed delivery by wednesday. I opted for the latter as I don't trust the postal service here to not play kickball with my box.

It was $73.85 for guaranteed delivery by Monday at 10am, but my wallet wouldn't like that. Right now i think my only hope is that keewee's box gets lost at customs and isn't delivered till next thursday!!

Mine was about $17 NZ. To add any tracking, etc immediately takes it to over $40NZ - hence why I never add tracking to anything!

Luckily it is US Customs it has to clear and not the Royal Canadian Sloth Customs Services so I think I am safe. ;):laughing:

Edited by keewee

OK, Just so no one injures themselves or anyone else...please be informed that I do not get to pick up my mail everyday. One could beat the other to a pulp, and I'd still get them at the same time. That last batch of 4 arrived over the course of three days.

Just got home from Italy to find my box with all my mail...will try to get it off very soon...T.

No real rush...remember that we have a bunch of Sloths, Snails, and INTERNATIONAL Slowpokes in this Race. Also remember that it's not a race.

It's NOT a race?

WHAT is he talking about?

Just got home from Italy to find my box with all my mail...will try to get it off very soon...T.

No real rush...remember that we have a bunch of Sloths, Snails, and INTERNATIONAL Slowpokes in this Race. Also remember that it's not a race.

It's NOT a race?

That's what I was thinking.

I thought it was all about the race! I think WSR is confused! :laughing:

I wonder what WSR's local post office is thinking.... first he sends out 25 empty boxes.... NOW he is receiving 25 identical boxes with different weights.... just wait til he sends those exact same boxes back out! WSR I bet you are blacklisted :ph34r:

I actually mailed the empty BOXES from a different PO and will probably send the final shipments from a different one also. At the PO where my mail comes, I keep getting the same clerk and she thinks it's very fun, and is helping me keep count.

It's NOT a race?

That's what I was thinking.

He probably means that the real race will start only when he will ship all the 25 boxes :bad:

Omgsh I'm 14! I bet keewee is 13 >_>

:o Not from what I can see of the box, so I must concede victory in the race to MoonCat & KDT... Congratulations

I could only afford-ably send mine by standard shipping methods :blink: - the curse of living on the opposite edge of the Pacific on an island. :laughing:

Next time we need to level the playing field... :ph34r:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: