INTERNATIONAL...Kitchin Sink MINIMission

WRITE SHOP ROBERT

OK...all the Kitchen Sink Missions should be on their way, so now it's time for me to start taking names for another version of the same thing. Once again, the only theme is THE BOX, and all the packages will get shipped on the same day. There will be some differences on this one though.

Difference #1...This one is open to all players, no matter where you live!

Difference #2...THE BOX, although still all the same size, will be Much, MUCH smaller!

Difference #3...You will have no idea who will receive your Mission, except to guess by looking at who has signed up!

Umm...What?? How will I ship my mission if I don't know who's going to get it??

Here We Go...Sign up for the Mission. After all the slots are filled, I will send everyone their BOX. After you get your BOX, you fill it up and ship it back to ME. After all the BOXES come back, I will mix them up and re-label them randomly(taking care not to send you your own BOX). Then I will ship them all out on the same day to their recipients. (I won't even open them, except for those which I have to inventory for customs)

Yeah, Yeah...sounds crazy. Here are some details...

1. This Mission will require TWO Trackable Geocoins...

a. One UNACTIVATED, that is intended for the recipient to keep for themselves.

b. One ACTIVATED but uncirculated, (Owned by the sender)that will be released to travel by the recipient.

2. Since I will have to ship all the packages, there is a limit of 25 participants(plus myself).

3. Since I will have to ship all the packages, please do not make them too heavy.

4. Since you will have no idea who will receive your BOX, age and gender will not be considered...just include things that can be enjoyed by anyone.

I think that about covers it...If there are any questions, please ask. I guess we can always make adjustments all the way through until the day I ship the packed BOXES. When it comes to you it will be flat, with a set of instructions.

Sign ups begin now, and end when we have 25 players. Due to the 25 player limit, please only sign up once, if we have trouble reaching 25, then I'll open it up for duplicates.

Send me...

Your Geocaching Name

Your real name and shipping address

Hi there,

I am keen to take part but have a question.

What size will the box be? Our shipping from here is extremely expensive when based on size. Therefore for me to take part it may well be easier for you to tell me the size and I will send a bag with the items in (bags go by weight alone, but boxes hit a whole other (expensive) scale). Would this be acceptable? (plus it would save you the cost of sending me a box to start with. (If you don't want everyone to know the size of the box, then you can email/PM me with it).

Thanks. :)

Hi there,

What size will the box be? Our shipping from here is extremely expensive when based on size. Therefore for me to take part it may well be easier for you to tell me the size and I will send a bag with the items in (bags go by weight alone, but boxes hit a whole other (expensive) scale). Would this be acceptable? (plus it would save you the cost of sending me a box to start with. (If you don't want everyone to know the size of the box, then you can email/PM me with it).

I thought that might be a common question...I was hoping to keep it a secret...but I don't know how important that is...The BOX is 4x4x4 inches. Very Small, about the sixe you could fit a coffee cup in(not that anyone should put in a coffee cup)

I'm not sure exactly what the "Bags" are like, but almost sure you could fit this BOX inside your BAG.

Edited by WRITE SHOP ROBERT

Hi there,

I thought that might be a common question...I was hoping to keep it a secret...but I don't know how important that is...The BOX is 4x4x4 inches. Very Small, about the sixe you could fit a coffee cup in(not that anyone should put in a coffee cup)

I'm not sure exactly what the "Bags" are like, but almost sure you could fit this BOX inside your BAG.

I think what Keewee is asking is if the box can be shipped back flat in the bag with it's contents so that he does not have to pay $18 shipping(guessing on shipping but my nephew sent a box about that size to his mom here in the states from Australia and that is what it cost.)and then you fill the box before sending. It would make it easier for customs check for you Robert.

Hi there,

I think what Keewee is asking is if the box can be shipped back flat in the bag with it's contents so that he does not have to pay $18 shipping(guessing on shipping but my nephew sent a box about that size to his mom here in the states from Australia and that is what it cost.)and then you fill the box before sending. It would make it easier for customs check for you Robert.

That thought crossed my mind, I guess that would work in certain cases.

I'd love to participate, but I have the same concern as keewee... Shipping for the box would be at least $60 for me, because it would be considered a package. If I send the items in a bubble envelope instead it will be considered a letter and be much cheaper.

Hi there,

Yep - that's exactly it, except postage rate is far, far worse than that!!!!! If I keep it to under 2kg and sent it as those dimensions then to post it it would cost me between $44 (for 10 to 25 days delivery) and $55 (for 3 to 10 days delivery)! If I send it in a bubble bag I can get it away for about $20. Hence why I was suggesting that you don't send me a box at all and I just send you the bag. :) But on the basis of that, sign me up please. :)

Edited by keewee

Hi there,

Yep - that's exactly it, except postage rate is far, far worse than that!!!!! If I keep it to under 2kg and sent it as those dimensions then to post it it would cost me between $44 (for 10 to 25 days delivery) and $55 (for 3 to 10 days delivery)! If I send it in a bubble bag I can get it away for about $20. Hence why I was suggesting that you don't send me a box at all and I just send you the bag. :) But on the basis of that, sign me up please. :)

This will be a very small box, I think we can use the route you suggest, but it will be very hard to get this box to weigh 2KG, that's almost 4.5 pounds. I think one will easily fill this box with much less than one pound. Probably 1/2 KG if that makes any difference.

I bet we could have a cointest here for how much the shipping is going to cost WSR ...

Maybe a bit early to start that, but if we want I'll throw in a prize for whoever guesses the closest.

(Don't start guessing yet, it is just and idea right now, and I don't really want to hijack this thread).

Wondering what WSR's budget is? About $1k for postage all up.... and what will the mail delivery think of all the packages to his place? Wonder if he will be tagged as suspicious.

Ok - I'm in - just for the wonder of it all. (will add a note to my email as I think I can reduce WSR's costs by $5)

Special note - absolutely NO plant material please!

Anything organic means it will be opened by customs / quarantine and possibly destroyed!

Edited by Butterfly_lady

Haha, tricked you...there were TWO spots left. Actually someone sent me a duplicate entry, so I thought there was only one. You're BOTH in. Now the list is full. There will be 25 BOXES going out, read the instructions that come with the BOX, then send it back to me. For those international players that need to, you can make sure everything will fit, then ship the stuff whatever way you need to. I can pack it into the box when it gets here.

.a 4 inch cube...that's about 1 cubic decimeter?

not even close :D

EDIT: unless you mean a 4x4x4 cube? That would make it right, aka 1 liter.

Umm...yes, a 4 inch cube would be 4 inches on each side...or 4x4x4. since it's a cube, all the sides are the same, so you only need to mention one. Bwahaha

4 inches is really close to ten centimeters, or 1 decimeter in each side.