GEO CACHING LOG BOOK

chachemaster

I haven't done that but now I'm wondering if I could convince Nick to do that. He wants printouts of every cache we find, a log book would take up a lot less room. And use less toner......

iam actualy going to post up sum pic 2marrow so people can kind of see what i mean and mamy a tuurial of how to bind a book

The one underneath is the older of the two having been filled up near the end of June 2010

1293681164.jpg

Here is a shot inside the book I right down all sorts of other non-caching things here as well. Pressure and volume readings from the blimps I work with and websites I don't want to forget

1293681162.jpg

The larger of the two books is held together by two different colors of duct tape. It is also just a bit too big unable to fit in the side pocket of my cargo shorts. I now test pocketability before purchase which drives the employees at MEGABOOK or wherever I am looking batty as I try each out in my pocket first.

1293681161.jpg

My son and I are new to this and we have the garmin etrex venture hc so we can't to the paperless so we print out the cache pages and were going to hole punch them and keep them in a binder.

Cool idea!!!!

We'll keep notes on the cache papers we print out and it'll be fun to be able to look back and see the dates of when we found them and also to be able to show our muggle friends that were trying to get to go with us. This way with having the print copy they'll be able to see what it looks like on the site if were not around a computer.

My son and I are new to this and we have the garmin etrex venture hc so we can't to the paperless so we print out the cache pages and were going to hole punch them and keep them in a binder.

Cool idea!!!!

We'll keep notes on the cache papers we print out and it'll be fun to be able to look back and see the dates of when we found them and also to be able to show our muggle friends that were trying to get to go with us. This way with having the print copy they'll be able to see what it looks like on the site if were not around a computer.

I used a meg for several years, and now use an E-trex, and I go papperless all the time! True paperless is where you have only the cords to the caches you are going to hunt, and no other information. You never know for sure the type or size of cache you are looking for, and you never have hints or discriptions of the cache. only the cords!!! Now that is true Paperless Caching, and it will sharpen your skills alot, when it comes to finding caches.

As for my logs, I keep a log of my finds, and expirences, but I keep it on file in my computer, not hard written on paper.

I kept one at first, but I lost it after a few dozen finds. I probably would have stopped keeping track eventually.

I keep scrap paper on hand to jot down field notes and keep track of geocoins and travel bugs we've picked up or dropped off, but it goes into the recycling bin after I log 'em all online.

I've gone TRUELY PAPERLESS!!! I use GSAK with a Finds DB. you can write all the notes that you want, and quickly upload the logs back to the site IF it ever died. Of course, That'll never happen now...

IF I need to look up cache descriptions, I look it up on my Droid2 using c:geo.

The Steaks

IF I need to look up cache descriptions, I look it up on my Droid2 using c:geo.

The Steaks

FYI - c:geo is banned by Groundspeak because it violates the TOS by scraping the site. If you are caught using it, your profile could possibly be banned and blocked without warning. Just thought I would give you a heads up.

I have a Droid2 as well and use the Geocaching app by Groundspeak, but there are two other free geocaching apps. Geobeagle and Cachepoint. Both are just as good at providing all you need to cache paperless.

I buy packets of 6 little spiral notebooks (gum bindings are worthless.) Of those I don't place in caches for log books I carry one around in my pocket for log entries (in my own indecipherable scrawl) and various notes - caches I'd like to get to, puzzle ideas, something I saw along the way (the MSU Potato Research sign comes to mind) and also is a quick source of blank logsheet to add to a cache where the log is already full.