Making a long hard muti cache !

I would find good spots to put them all ... But there is this pipe that's just layed on the ground it is kinda under in spots but u can fallow it it gets realy think where they have logged but it can be done and it branches out a few time and goes across two big lakes and down bluffs it goes everywhere and want to use that in there too going to make this long and hard with alot to see on the way and will take meany meany trips to do I have made like 15 already and haven't gotten anywhere will take some time I kinda lost the pipe and don't feel like going back to where I lost it Kuz it gets bad lol pine about 10 ft tall and u can't see more the 2 ft

I would not start out by deciding I want to create a long hard multi. I would start with what spots I want caches to visit and want experience I want them to have. I usually don't want them to be frustrated and annoyed but that's me. If the places you want to take them lend themselves to a multi, design one. If the hiding style you want to use makes them difficult so be it but I really don't think simply wanting to create a long hard multi is a good reason to design a cache.

Team Taran

Maintenance would be my next thing. Since that's so hit and miss and you don't know until you're way out in the field that one of the middle steps have vanished I typically look at the owners personal stats to judge if I want to do a multi by them. If I look at their other caches and see steps missing in multis they have placed and/or lack of general concern for hte caches placed I would likely not seek it. If all seems well with already existing caches I do typically look into how many finds they have. In the case of multis and multis alone I do this. I don't want to start the trek to find one only to find the owner drifts in with the wind to the game. That indicates to me a higher chance for missing/unmaintained steps.

Before placing the cache I would consider if this is a place that would be better served by a series of tradtionals versus tieing up the entire area with one multi. A multi for the sake of a multi is not a good reason.

Check out this one "The Rune Stones of Harwood's Mill" (GC1YBHP) an excellent multi that is a challenge at every turn. It took three of us several weeks to crack it. It was both fun and educational as well. Having met the CO my best advice is to not rush it. Take your time to ensure you create a memorable cache. This one will get nominated for our annual Hidey Awards here in Hampton Roads.

This cache I have been thinking about for a few years now and I want to make a muti just kuz I know it can't be done all in one day it would give them a point to start back at the pipe goes in about 3 diff places and will put a cache at the end of all of them and or maybe u can map out where the pipe goes by looking at maps the pipe is not maped but there is a few places that it says oil well but they are not there any more but I'm not going to tell them that and I need to fallow the pipe just to do it and make sure it can be done

But don't want to make just fallowing the pipe a muti but I want to have stAnd alone caches on the way to make it more fun say if there was something cool just over the hill but just fallowing the pipe u will miss but how would I do that with out using cords Kuz that would give away the main cache ??? I guess I would have to but a cache right on the pipe line telling them the cords . But I just don't want to do that I can't hike in that meany caches at one time I could use small ones but I need something like I sign on a tree to tell them to look for it to find the cords for the cache

Don't know how I will do that anyone got any ideas on anything ??

This cache I have been thinking about for a few years now and I want to make a muti just kuz I know it can't be done all in one day it would give them a point to start back.

You might want to just re engineer this idea. Turn it into a series with some sort of puzzle for the final. That way people will get to log a found for each stage of the puzzle (final). Take a look at my series if you want an example (although my series is spread out throughout a county) Take some advise from someone who just finished putting out a series, but somehow is still not finished. It takes a lot of work to put out quality caches, and quirks come up along the way. Imagine putting one cache out with all these waypoints just to find out that one of your stages is too near a puzzle cache. This would solve your idea that people could come back to where they left off, and it would solve the idea that people would get bored and not finish the multi.

Just my 2 cents, worth about 1.2 in this economy.

We have one out here in Connecticut, called the Well of Troubled Souls.(GC1XJF1), that is exactly like you're proposing. It's a multi-stage that has people traveling all over the place in the town of Manchester. to find clues, and the profile page has all kinds of photo links to various ways to decode the puzzle. from simple codes to exotic codes. The cache owner really out-did himself on this! I still haven't found the final stage, and should go back to do it..

Stephen (gelfling6)

One idea that I liked was that each stage of the multi gave you several sets of coordinates. You needed to answer certain questions (one used Trivia Pursuit cards) or solve a riddle and if you get the right answer

you were sent to the correct coordinates.

Another I found gave two sets of coords at each stage, one bogus and one good. If you chose the wrong coords you found a stick in the ground. Choose correctly you found a container with the next dual set of coordinates.

Another idea that I liked was where you had to solve a riddle at the first stage. If you had the correct answer the rest of the multi cache had easy terrain, if you answered wrong your multi cache route was over very difficult terrain. The second route started out easy so you didn't know you had chosen wrong until you were well on your way.

Well I plan on haveinf then go to a small 5 miles trail system and have them hike it there are meny loops to this trail and the pipe is on the farest loop out lol then I want to have them fallow this pipe well to the end and all of the splits but I want to trick ppl in to taking the wrong one so they will make a trail this well be a long hiking cache I would say u could hike for 10 miles and not find it

But I want there to be cache on the way but I can't have cords of where the caches are it would mess up the pipe cache

Here is a 16 km hike that I created in a really nice and little visited conservation area. http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...aa973&log=y

You have to solve a complex puzzle first and then visit 9 stages.

One word of advice. Do not create an out and back where the final is near the start. Once FTF is over, some cachers will go straight to the final and ignore the other stages.