Oregon x50 software version 3.71 Beta

ezoli

Change History

Changes made from version 3.61 to 3.71:

- Added ability to move waypoints using the map.

- Added display color to track gpx files.

- Added import indicator for gpx files.

- Fixed ability to select active track color.

- Fixed issue reviewing tracks with only one point.

- Fixed issue with missing or extra track segments on the map.

- Fixed issue with duplicate tracks.

- Problems with the software may be reported to OregonBeta@garmin.com.

http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=4743

Anyone know how the "Added ability to move waypoints using the map" works?

I'm having trouble figuring out how to make this function.

Does it work only on waypoints or does it work on caches, too? [unlikely].

I've been bitten by map moves with caches on previous Garmin units...

Anyone know how the "Added ability to move waypoints using the map" works?

I'm having trouble figuring out how to make this function.

Does it work only on waypoints or does it work on caches, too? [unlikely].

works on regular waypoints only, as geocache waypoitns cannot be moved or edited.

you'll find the function in the same menu as all the other waypoint functions, i.e. rename, change symbol, delete, etc. there's "move waypoint", which takes you to the map and you can select a new spot.

Looking good

My upgrade went well, not loosing any items or profiles that maintain

Was out hiking/caching yesterday with moderate overhead coverage and that also went well, even the accuracy. While the GPSr Accuracy did show 10-20' the Lat/Long & Dist to Dest were pretty darn close

Loaded the new beta this AM. Looks good so far. This thing gets better and better.

Now, lets lobby to get the calendar function made into something useful. Finds by calendar date on my 60C was really handy.

Log of found caches should be made into a chronological list instead of proximity. That can be confusing as hell.

Still liking this unit alot.

Now, lets lobby to get the calendar function made into something useful. Finds by calendar date on my 60C was really handy.

Log of found caches should be made into a chronological list instead of proximity. That can be confusing as hell.

+1

These both would be useful.

the "freeze during boot" problem is still not fixed. just updated the GPX files on my 450 to ~4000 new caches, and it got stuck during "loading tracks, waypoints". the new progress bar was at about 80%.

i wonder if garmin is listening here?

the "freeze during boot" problem is still not fixed. just updated the GPX files on my 450 to ~4000 new caches, and it got stuck during "loading tracks, waypoints". the new progress bar was at about 80%.

This bug caught me a couple times in my trip up to Washington from California. I had almost 5,000 caches in GPX files I was rotating in and out depending upon where I was going next. Seems only to freeze the first time I power up after changing GPX files, after that it doesn't seem to have any problem through dozens of boots.

This bug caught me a couple times in my trip up to Washington from California. I had almost 5,000 caches in GPX files I was rotating in and out depending upon where I was going next. Seems only to freeze the first time I power up after changing GPX files, after that it doesn't seem to have any problem through dozens of boots.

The Colorados have been doing this for the last few firmwares as well. Is it all units? It actually appears to finish the boot in the background. Only the screen locks up. Turn it on and off (With the normal buttons) and all is fine.

The Colorados have been doing this for the last few firmwares as well. Is it all units? It actually appears to finish the boot in the background. Only the screen locks up. Turn it on and off (With the normal buttons) and all is fine.

i used to do that, but after seeing that the progress bar doesn't finish, i thought i would end up with some caches missing maybe. on the other hand, i did get the "couldn't find satellites" message, which would indicate that you're right. too bad there's no way of really confirming that...

What I have been doing for quite some time now is loading all of my geocaches on the SD card. I have done the following with an Oregon 200, Oregon 300, Oregon 450, and a Dakota 10:

1. In order for the Oregons, Dakotas, and Colorados to not hang, you must boot up the unit without any geocaches loaded. So, I start my unit without the SD card. If you don't have an SD card, then you could just delete the geocaches from the unit first with your computer.

2. Then, turn off the unit and place the SD card back in and boot it up again. It will take a little bit to load, but it won't hang.