revisiting caches

Welcome to the forums!

Not at all! Many people do this. Some for trackables and some who have kids who like to trade! :ph34r: It is considered bad form to re-log them as a find though. Nothing wrong with stopping and and moving a trackable along. If you think its necessary you can log with a note.

Keep on caching! :)

I do this for 2 reasons. 1) If I see a cool geocoin or TB pop up in my area then I'll go in and snatch it up quickly witout logging the cache. 2) If I have some geocoins or TB's that I have held onto a little too long, I can quickly get rid of them without too much effort.

Welcome to the forums!

Not at all! Many people do this. Some for trackables and some who have kids who like to trade! :P It is considered bad form to re-log them as a find though. Nothing wrong with stopping and and moving a trackable along. If you think its necessary you can log with a note.

Keep on caching! :D

Should you sign the log each time? I have when I Drop/Pick up at a TB Hotel near a Interstate here in DFW. Then posted a note online. Is this the correct way to do it?

Should you sign the log each time? I have when I Drop/Pick up at a TB Hotel near a Interstate here in DFW. Then posted a note online. Is this the correct way to do it?

I don't bother signing the log when I do that. If the logbook is large and empty, and you feel like doing it, by all means go ahead. If it's a small logsheet, I think it is nice to save the CO from an early maintenance visit by not taking up valuable space.

I don't bother signing the log when I do that. If the logbook is large and empty, and you feel like doing it, by all means go ahead. If it's a small logsheet, I think it is nice to save the CO from an early maintenance visit by not taking up valuable space.

Agreement, although it's good to post an online Note to report your TB drops/pickups.

Agreement, although it's good to post an online Note to report your TB drops/pickups.

Sounds good... Thanks for the input.

Thanks for the answers and discussions. I've been wondering about the idea that if I had trackables, I'd want folks to visit the TB hotels and keep 'em moving. It also makes sense to not log in each time as the logs are really for your count of finds and it won't change anything in your personal count.

I do this for 2 reasons. 1) If I see a cool geocoin or TB pop up in my area then I'll go in and snatch it up quickly witout logging the cache. 2) If I have some geocoins or TB's that I have held onto a little too long, I can quickly get rid of them without too much effort.

Ok newbie question sorry, have been searching but need some clarification. So can you go back to a cache that you have already logged if there is a coin/TB and pick it up and leave a note?

Ok newbie question sorry, have been searching but need some clarification. So can you go back to a cache that you have already logged if there is a coin/TB and pick it up and leave a note?

YES you can do that any time you want and many cache owners welcome this. They know that TBs are being moved and they know that their cache is in good shape. If you notice that maintenance needs to be done to the cache, make a note of that as well as your note about moving a cache.

As often as you want - just log a "note" and help keep those bugs moving!!!

I left a TB in a cache a while back that hasn't moved and it seems nobody has even visited the cache since I dropped the TB. I'm considering going back for the sole purpose of snagging the bug and moving it somewhere else. I hate it when I drop somebody's TB off and then it just sits there forever.

What if the tb is in your own cache? I love tb's and coins and always move along. I have two caches and right now they both have coins in them. As the cache owner can I go snag the coins or is that not correct. Also do I log the find of my own cache?

What if the tb is in your own cache? I love tb's and coins and always move along. I have two caches and right now they both have coins in them. As the cache owner can I go snag the coins or is that not correct. Also do I log the find of my own cache?

You can go and pick up trackables that are in your own caches - that's fine.

Most cachers don't log finds on their own caches - Just use a "Write Note" log to record your visit to the cache. If you just want to log the trackables (but not remove them from the cache) then you can use a "Discovered" log for the item.

MrsB :)