Geocoin Challenge (Ongoing)

tsunrisebey

sdkonkle :)

Life's been a bit hectic lately and I haven't had much time to do anything fun, thanks to winter and working alot. However, I finally got a coin attached to your TB and will get it to a TB hotel close to my place this week.

Thanks for the fun!

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.as...86-ebe25303df66

Btw.... you'll need a pair of wire cutters or pliers with wire cutting ability to removing the "ranching" wire I used, lol. It doesn't look like much in the pic but you won't be able to unwind without something with torque B)

cb095280-6e5a-4b16-a419-560375fc2241.jpg

YAY!!! My Traveler has made it to Sawmill Gulch!! Go Get It, Tsun!! WOOT!

I'll try to get out there within the next few days. I've been sick and working over-time at work. I've not had time for anything :D Congrat's and I have a coin pulled to attach to it when I pick it up.

tsun

Please feel free to put a hole in both coins to accommodate the ranch wire - my intention after you place them back into a cache is to give them both a new goal to travel to another :D cacher :D willing to 'attach' another geocoin to them, and adopt them over to that cacher.. and so on... and so on.. :D

Hope you get to feeling better!

~J

Just wanted to clarify... is this for geocoins only? Or is the use of the cachekinz allowed?

I'm looking for geocoins :laughing: The hefty hunks of metal :laughing:

bleh There goes that idea. :anibad:

Well, it IS a geocoin challenge... And I believe there are a few people who have offered up coins from their personal stashes to help get more travellers out there. A quick browse through this thread should find 'em!

YAY!!! My Traveler has made it to Sawmill Gulch!! Go Get It, Tsun!! WOOT!

Coin grabbed today :D Congrats!

tsun

AWESOME!!!

Anyone willing to attach another coin to make a "String of Coins" out of these travelers, please PM me, and I will set its goal to get to you (or a cache you have hidden).

Tsun - are you going to adopt the attached coin over to me or are you just going to activate one and attach it - either way is fine, just as long as the goals are the same for the purpose of the "String of Coins" mentioned above. Let me know.

This is SOOooo Cool!

EDIT- I had a nice heaping glass of stupid before I posted this - I just went back and read paragraph 1, post 1 - After the coins come back to me - I will set a new goal for BOTH coins to go to someone else!

~J

Edited by GeocoinGuy

Geez, poor Ruud has the worst of luck. The cache I had dropped his coin into was just archived due to a muggling. :) I'm SO sorry, Ruud!

Yep, just read the e-mail.

The story is a bit like the first lost-coin-story. This time the coin was dropped 2-13-'10. On the 14th the cache was found again but this cacher didn't take any coin/tb nor discovered them.

Today (march 8th) the cache was reported missing and checked by the owner. And he archived the cache, with my coin :D<_<

So I lost two coins without any milage on them.

For those of you who have coins with me and/or adopted from me, I still have them and they are ready to travel! I haven't been out caching much at all this year, and I wanted to give them a good start.

Promise: I will have them out and on their way towards Montana within the next two weeks.

thanks for your patience, and good luck to everyone!

This is such a great idea,

I bought a couple of coins especially for this, I hope they get to Tsun!

I thought you might like this one, Tsun (although there's no icon, it's beautiful):

153pcft.jpg

TB2Q77C

And this one ...

an07s9.jpg

TB2B99F

Is anyone willing to put one in a cache to set them off in the next few weeks or so, please?

I could get them started here in Ohio.... Or you could wait for somebody a bit closer. I'm waiting for some coins to come in for me to send off.

I thought you might like this one, Tsun (although there's no icon, it's beautiful):

153pcft.jpg

TB2Q77C

And this one ...

an07s9.jpg

TB2B99F

Is anyone willing to put one in a cache to set them off in the next few weeks or so, please?

we could start them here in the central valley of California for you if you like...

Emails sent, thank you both! :ph34r: I'll get them mailed to you at the weekend (if not before).

Just spent about an hour making a list of all the participating coins, their owners, their names. but when it came to posting the message, it wouldn't ...something about dynamic wotsits. :surprise: I tried, but will leave it for someone who knows what they're doing!

Late for me now, must sleep. zzzzzzzzzz

Emails sent, thank you both! :ph34r: I'll get them mailed to you at the weekend (if not before).

Just spent about an hour making a list of all the participating coins, their owners, their names. but when it came to posting the message, it wouldn't ...something about dynamic wotsits. :surprise: I tried, but will leave it for someone who knows what they're doing!

Late for me now, must sleep. zzzzzzzzzz

email sent... sleep easily ;)

153pcft.jpg

TB2Q77C

And this one ...

an07s9.jpg

TB2B99F

I received the package in the mail today.... Hoooray! Thank you so much for the extras. I will activate a coin tonight and send you an email. My wifeand I willprobably grab some caches Saturday and I will drop the coins off then. Thanks a bunch!

I could get them started here in Ohio.... Or you could wait for somebody a bit closer. I'm waiting for some coins to come in for me to send off.

153pcft.jpg

TB2Q77C

And this one ...

an07s9.jpg

TB2B99F

Love the horse one ;) Got them both on my watch list.

3 coins have made it here so far ;)

153pcft.jpg

TB2Q77C

And this one ...

an07s9.jpg

TB2B99F

I received the package in the mail today.... Hoooray! Thank you so much for the extras. I will activate a coin tonight and send you an email. My wifeand I willprobably grab some caches Saturday and I will drop the coins off then. Thanks a bunch!

Oh great! thank you,I really don't mind, if anything I'd rather you dropped nearer to you,as it akes it all the more exciting. ;)

Dropped both of the coins off at one of my caches today... sorry Fiancetto... I didn't get a chance to drop them off this weekend. I managed to acquire some poison ivy on my armpit (i have no idea how) and had to sit out for the weekend until the steroids kicked in. They should both get a ride out soon because it is a newer cache.

I am in possession of SEVEN Montana-bound coins:

1 is mine (Montana-bound Night Hunter),

2 from Germany (TB24F77 and TB35BXF),

and the remaining 4 are coins that I activated and adopted over to other people who wanted to participate in the mission:

TB300NZ

TB24KH6

TB2GY53

TB1ZH2E

I have been remiss in getting these going, due in large part to my last semester of coursework, an active volcano, and a move! At long last, I have found prospective caches to get these coins moving and HOPEFULLY on a fast-track to Montana. Caching begins tomorrow morning, and I'm bringing the camera to help document the journey!

I am in possession of SEVEN Montana-bound coins:

1 is mine (Montana-bound Night Hunter),

2 from Germany (TB24F77 and TB35BXF),

and the remaining 4 are coins that I activated and adopted over to other people who wanted to participate in the mission:

TB300NZ

TB24KH6

TB2GY53

TB1ZH2E

I have been remiss in getting these going, due in large part to my last semester of coursework, an active volcano, and a move! At long last, I have found prospective caches to get these coins moving and HOPEFULLY on a fast-track to Montana. Caching begins tomorrow morning, and I'm bringing the camera to help document the journey!

Don't feel bad, I have 2 coins sitting here I need to attach coins to and release. My caching this year has been real slow although I did get a little done in June :) Sometimes life just gets in the way. Hence very little design output although I'm making some headway in that department now :D

Just came across this thread - cool idea! We're out in Oregon but traveling to Montana several times this summer. I think I'll take that opportunity to join this fun geocoin challenge! I'll post an update once I have coins and activate them. Thanks - this will be fun for my almost 5 year old to follow the challenge.

Ok, so we have our 1st coin activated and ready to be placed in a cache this weekend!!

TB3DJ38 Mt. Hood Seeking Montana!

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=2764125

Edited by Team_Romeo

<snip>

Don't feel bad, I have 2 coins sitting here I need to attach coins to and release.

</snip>

Is one of those mine? ;)

~J

Yes but I told you I stole yours, I didn't have an Oregon coin but I do now :blink:

Lol... I knew this was a trick.... just a ploy to slowly gain our coins one by one :o