New Central Australian Coin now on Pre Sale

gibbo003

As the Aboriginal people aren't too fond of whities climbing on their sacred ground, I will put my marker at the base of the rock amongst the scrub and little rocks for cover ;)

S25 20.261 E131 1.995

This has actually been in my minds for days now. Even if the placement is virtual (which I think is well within my understanding of this cointest,) I would think that just off the rock would be most appropriate.

My guess? S 25 20560 E 131 0304

Sorry your coord's seem a little odd on this one, also as the climb is only virtual and I have hidden the coin virtually you will need to climb the rock to find the coin. Please have a second go. Cheers gibbo003

Doh! That means i've lost out on my chance of a special coin! B) (...and here was me thinking I was being smart and cunning B) )

Cheesy pigs do you think you will need to win a special coin.

A LE version of our new Uluru-Kata Tjuta Geocoin (that will not be sold on pre sale) has been hidden somewhere on Ayres Rock Northern Territory, Australia.

Ayres%20Rock.jpg

To win the coin all you will have to do is post the coordinates of were you think the coin is virtually hidden.

Only one post per geocaching team please.

This competition is open to all and will run until the pre sale starts on Coins&Pins later this month.

I will select the closest answer and announce the result.

The coin will be posted to the winner as soon as they arrive from Coins and Pins.

Please submit all coordinates in this format (sample only) S25 20.706 E131 2.184

Good Luck and Happy Hunting.

Edited by gibbo003

As the Aboriginal people aren't too fond of whities climbing on their sacred ground, I will put my marker at the base of the rock amongst the scrub and little rocks for cover ;)

S25 20.261 E131 1.995

This has actually been in my minds for days now. Even if the placement is virtual (which I think is well within my understanding of this cointest,) I would think that just off the rock would be most appropriate.

Sorry your coord's seem a little odd on this one, also as the climb is only virtual and I have hidden the coin virtually you will need to climb the rock to find the coin. Please have a second go. Cheers gibbo003

Doh! That means i've lost out on my chance of a special coin! B) (...and here was me thinking I was being smart and cunning B) )

You and me both. I had assumed it was an actual hide.... silly me.

S25 20.261 E131 1.995

You and me both. I had assumed it was an actual hide.... silly me.

Any team that would like to change their position on the rock please feel free to do so and I will move your pin. But be careful you may be moving away from the prizes.

Oh did I say prizes, there may be more than one coin.

Good luck and happy hunting.

you will need to virtually climb the rock to find the coin. Please have a second go. Cheers gibbo003

I guess I didn't see this part in the original instructions.... all the same it's been fun going through all the Panoramio photos checking out the details of Ayer's and the Olgas (Uluru and Kata Tjuta to be precise). This place is a photographer's dream if you don't mind loads of other folks. The nearby hotels are pretty swank. I'd love to go... any caches nearby??? B)

Edited by Droo

Oh! I also assumed it was really hidden, and when I read up about the rock saw that they preferred people to not climb it. :laughing: So I chose a scenic area that I'd love to go photograph!

If virtual climbing is allowed (:D) then I would like to change my location to this:

S 25 20.623 E 131 1.848

Which appears to be the location of a pool on top of the rock. :laughing:

Thank you again for a fun cointest! What a fun idea!

A LE version of our new Uluru-Kata Tjuta Geocoin (that will not be sold on pre sale) has been hidden somewhere on Ayres Rock Northern Territory, Australia.

Ayres%20Rock.jpg

To win the coin all you will have to do is post the coordinates of were you think the coin is virtually hidden.

This competition is open to all and will run until the pre sale starts on Coins&Pins later this month.

The coin will be posted to the winner as soon as they arrive from Coins and Pins.

Please submit all coordinates in this format (sample only) S25 20.706 E131 2.184

Ayres%20Rock.jpg

Ayres%20Rock.jpg

Time to announce the winners of the LE Uluru - Kata Tjuta coins.

uluru-kata-abrz-350.gif

In first place:

aka Momster (XXLE Two Tone Gold & Silver Uluru - Kata Tjuta Geocoin)

In second Place:

bramasoleiowa (LE copper Uluru - Kata Tjuta Geocoin)

If the winners could PM me with a postal address I will send the coins as soon as they arrive from C&P.

The pre sale will finish on the 4th of Oct so I should have them in the post in about 3 weeks time.

Thank you all for playing and hope everyone one that played is able to get hold of one of our coins.

Cheers from gibbo003 and all the Australian, Northern Territory Geocachers.

uluru-kata-abrz-350.gif

In first place:

aka Momster (XXLE Two Tone Gold & Silver Uluru - Kata Tjuta Geocoin)

In second Place:

If the winners could PM me with a postal address I will send the coins as soon as they arrive from C&P.

The pre sale will finish on the 4th of Oct so I should have them in the post in about 3 weeks time.

Thank you all for playing and hope everyone one that played is able to get hold of one of our coins.

Cheers from gibbo003 and all the Australian, Northern Territory Geocachers.

Seriously? Thank you, gibbo003! I am so excited. It is a beautifully designed coin and to be able to see it in hand, wow. It is going to be such a difficult wait. Honestly, I don't know how designers survive the time it takes for proofs and coins to arrive from the mint. :)

Thank you for the fun Uluru - Kata Tjuta cointest, gibbo003. It was a blast exploring Ayres Rock in Google Maps. --aka Momster

Edited by aka Momster

uluru-kata-abrz-350.gif

In second Place:

Oh wow! I had almost forgot about the contest, too! Getting PM sent.

Thank you gibbo003!

PM received and your coin will be in the post in a few weeks. :lol::)

Gibbo003, I resent the information by both PM and e-mail. Hopefully one of them will work this time!

The coins really are beautiful. The silver version's front gives me the impression of looking at Ayers Rock by moonlight, but it is a toss-up which one is prettier overall. Can't wait to see them side-by-side with the LE version! Thank you , gibbo003!