Golden Tombstone Game - Geoboo

coreynjoey

Ok ya'll, here is #18

N46 29.429 W124 02.542

RATS! We will be staying at a cabin .61 miles (.97 miles driving distance) ...4 days AFTER the event. :laughing: Well, if it's still there (yeah, Right!), we'll bring it back for you to use again next year. Here's hoping # 9 is going to be placed at Summit & Republican, on Capitol Hill in Seattle. (crossed fingers)

Ok ya'll, here is #18

N46 29.429 W124 02.542

RATS! We will be staying at a cabin .61 miles (.97 miles driving distance) ...4 days AFTER the event. :laughing: Well, if it's still there (yeah, Right!), we'll bring it back for you to use again next year. Here's hoping # 9 is going to be placed at Summit & Republican, on Capitol Hill in Seattle. (crossed fingers)

Oops - meant to reply to the message for # 8, not 18!

Blonde moment! I did mean 18 - wrote down the number wrong. Sigh.

Edited by Sugar Glider Sweatshop

Is #18 still in the wild? Maybe we need a hint?....

I think it's in a location that's not visited very often. I mean, people probably head to long beach, but it's another 15-20 minute drive away from anything to get to this each way, I'm sure it'll get picked up soon enough. Someone will make the drive just for the thing once the rest of them are almost gone, lol

I think it's in a location that's not visited very often. I mean, people probably head to long beach, but it's another 15-20 minute drive away from anything to get to this each way, I'm sure it'll get picked up soon enough. Someone will make the drive just for the thing once the rest of them are almost gone, lol

It's quite a ways from me.. I am willing to make that trip.. just afraid that once I do it will be gone.. Just my Luck! but I think I just might have to take a drive that way. Maybe tomorrow.. So, leave it there for me people.. :shocked: I don't think you need a hint unless more than one have tried and then asked for help.

It's quite a ways from me.. I am willing to make that trip.. just afraid that once I do it will be gone.. Just my Luck! but I think I just might have to take a drive that way. Maybe tomorrow.. So, leave it there for me people.. :D I don't think you need a hint unless more than one have tried and then asked for help.

I am driving to Long Beach Friday evening and will be heading out for it on Saturday morning if it is still not retrieved. I sure hope you decide to go for it, but if you do I would appreciate your prompt log here. :blink:

Picked up #18 at 10:00 this morning. Was shocked to find it in a cemetery! :) Good thing it was daytime.

Just to be very clear. Tombstone #18 was not IN a cemetery. The GeoBoo Crew would never EVER be so disrespectful to place a game piece inside a cemetery. Tombstone #18 was very near but well outside the bounds of the cemetery grounds.

Picked up #18 at 10:00 this morning. Was shocked to find it in a cemetery! :) Good thing it was daytime.

Just to be very clear. Tombstone #18 was not IN a cemetery. The GeoBoo Crew would never EVER be so disrespectful to place a game piece inside a cemetery. Tombstone #18 was very near but well outside the bounds of the cemetery grounds.

This is correct. Sorry if I mislead anyone. It was near the parking area outside the cemetery.

Just to be clear, Shop99er doesn't speak for everyone on the crew. We do not feel it is disrespectful at all. Cemeteries can be beautiful places full of history. As long as it's hidden tastefully as not to disrupt anything, we see nothing wrong with it. Some people are fine with it, some are not. It's just a matter of personal opinion. We'll leave that debate to another forum, we just didn't want to be included in that erroneous statement.

Where will the next tombstone be hidden.....

Thank you Shopp99er for being respectful of cemetaries.

But of course it's not the cemetary, but the people going there to morn their loved ones that we are respectful of. Thank you for respecting them and leaving them to their privacy. (so they don't have hoards of people running through playing a game where they are crying).

I Just returned from a 56.6 mile round trip and am now in the possesion of a small but lovely tombstone.. AWESOME!! lil dude fell asleep in the car but i still managed to make the find through a little seaweed, a couple of spiderwebs, and some mud on my shoes! It was a fun trip. Thanks! Can't Wait till GeoBoo!

I Just returned from a 56.6 mile round trip and am now in the possesion of a small but lovely tombstone.. AWESOME!! lil dude fell asleep in the car but i still managed to make the find through a little seaweed, a couple of spiderwebs, and some mud on my shoes! It was a fun trip. Thanks! Can't Wait till GeoBoo!

Congrats! That one was a little tricky!

Here's the next one! #16 (accidentally marked #0, but it is really #16)

N 47 12.837 W 123 05.278

Good LUCK!!!

Not so much an accident as an executive decision. We didn't have the number with us when we found the perfect spot. Since we couldn't get a hold of anyone who had the list we picked a number that we knew wouldn't conflict with another tombstone.

Here's the next set! N43 36.221 W116 40.186 Good Luck!
Was just there Wednesday on a business trip. Oh well, wouldn't want to steal a chance from an Idaho native. Now if only there were a tombstone here in Oregon.

No doubt they'll get one there soon. they seem to be moving farther and farther away from the site of the GeoBoo.

Good you're there to get it if there is one down there.

At the price of gas I'm much better off buying whatever the prize is myself.

Here's the next set! N43 36.221 W116 40.186 Good Luck!
Was just there Wednesday on a business trip. Oh well, wouldn't want to steal a chance from an Idaho native. Now if only there were a tombstone here in Oregon.

No doubt they'll get one there soon. they seem to be moving farther and farther away from the site of the GeoBoo.

Most of the Golden Tombstones are located within a reasonable distance from the GeoBoo event location. However, to give everyone the thrill of the hunt we did send a few out to the far corners.