The Bomb Squad strikes again

If only there were a website where the police could look up places where kids lost their lunchboxes before wasting all that taxpayer money.

They'd better make that kid give up his milk money for the next 30 years to pay for this mess.

I think its just a matter of better educating the police. I mean, geeze!! how many years have kids been using lunchboxes for, anyway? You'd think the LEOs would know what they were by now!! ;)

If only there were a website where the police could look up places where kids lost their lunchboxes before wasting all that taxpayer money.

They'd better make that kid give up his milk money for the next 30 years to pay for this mess.

I think its just a matter of better educating the police. I mean, geeze!! how many years have kids been using lunchboxes for, anyway? You'd think the LEOs would know what they were by now!! ;)

The police need to get educated about lunchboxes. ;)

And plastic wrap on the food too. Clear lunchboxes with foil wrapped sandwiches and snacks would get blasted in a sec.

On my last flight TSA pulled my backpack cuz I had a camo tape wrapped pill bottle with a clothes pin stuck in the bottom.

Edited by wimseyguy

Also from the comments page:

This was posted last night on Craigs list. Missing Lunchbox (Downtown Elkhart Park)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: 2009-08-17, 10:12PM EDT Reply To This Post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I need help. My aunt took my daughters to the park...one in downtown Elkhart to play in the sprinklers...My daughter left her brand new Nightmare Before Christmas lunchbox on one of the benches that they stopped to eat lunch. It is brand new and today was the first time she used it. It has a matching thermos inside. It was a present for her birthday and something she has been looking so forward to using. I am hoping that someone picked it up and will have the heart to contact me. If you found it, please, please contact me.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1328743502

I checked Craigslist for the area and the post is gone, but there are two replies, one offering to replace the lunchbox ;)

Edit: Found the post

Edited by Lil Devil

Call it luchboxing.com, it could be slightly more popular as Waymarking.

Methinks all who have a better idea of what the LEO's should do.... should be an LEO!

I getcha by golly gee, then we would have a purrrrrfeckt world.

"Yup Geoguy, this is a suspicious package call. You are the one to open it"

I know, I know, bombs are few and far between. But how few and far between does it take to blow somebodies arsh to Kingdom Come?

We tell/want cache placers to come up with new ideas and gimmicks. Bombers have as much or more time to think about just how they might want to kill someone. They might even have the idea to plant a green GEOCACHE label on it!

GMAB! They (LEOs) are doing their job, AND believe it or not, following protocol. Again, I say you want protocol change, you should lead the charge!

---------------------------------

I know, it's all stupid. Lights and siren to a geocache, making soggy PB&J, but that's the way it is. Even if they thought it was a geocache, but it looked like a it may or [/u]could be a bomb, what would you have them do? Open it? Tell that to the Ted Kasinski (sp) victims (those that lived, with 90% burns).

There's two sides to the coin here. You who think this type of LEO response is other than "intelligent", and "idiots" like me (yes, there's more than one), who would like the LEOs and the public to be able to home to their kids, dogs, goldfish, mothers for just one more hug.

OK. That's my rant. I'm done. Thank you for sharing the soap box.

Call it luchboxing.com, it could be slightly more popular as Waymarking.

Just think of the possibilities for icons similar to geocoin and other trackable icons based on the characters on the lunchbox -- Dukes of Hazzard, GI Joe, Transformers, etc. -- especially if you were able to get the ultra-rare Bonanza or BJ & The Bear.

I know, it's all stupid. Lights and siren to a geocache, making soggy PB&J, but that's the way it is. Even if they thought it was a geocache, but it looked like a it may or [/u]could be a bomb, what would you have them do? Open it? Tell that to the Ted Kasinski (sp) victims (those that lived, with 90% burns).

Yes but could the bomb squad, just once think it "could" be a lunch?

Seriously, there had to be a camera somewhere that showed a kid placing his lunchbox down and eating his sammich.

Were there any trackable cookies in the lunchbox? I hate it when the trackable cookies get destroyed.

I think it was a great idea that someone had. Why don't those of you who bitch about the bomb squads response go volunteer to open the packages?

A fool and his fingers are soon parted.

Methinks all who have a better idea of what the LEO's should do.... should be an LEO!

"Yup Geoguy, this is a suspicious package call. You are the one to open it"

I know, I know, bombs are few and far between. But how few and far between does it take to blow somebodies arsh to Kingdom Come?

We tell/want cache placers to come up with new ideas and gimmicks. Bombers have as much or more time to think about just how they might want to kill someone. They might even have the idea to plant a green GEOCACHE label on it!

GMAB! They (LEOs) are doing their job, AND believe it or not, following protocol. Again, I say you want protocol change, you should lead the charge!

---------------------------------

There's two sides to the coin here. You who think this type of LEO response is other than "intelligent", and "idiots" like me (yes, there's more than one), who would like the LEOs and the public to be able to home to their kids, dogs, goldfish, mothers for just one more hug.

You DO realize that our replies are all tongue-in-cheek, don't you? :(

You DO realize that our replies are all tongue-in-cheek, don't you? :(

I do, just wanted to rant a little. Gummee had chased me out of the house earlier. :D:D:D

Gummee had chased me out of the house earlier. :(:D:D

I hope that wasto pick up some pasties.

Of course, "picking up" some pasties is pretty lame. If you don't make 'em yourself, you don't admit it.

A brief aside: I once stopped in to a little Mom & Pop place in Mass City on my way to visit my sister. I do like my pasties plain, but at the time I also liked them with catsup, so I'd to it half and half. I asked if they had any catsup.

Mind you this was a very small shop. Probably everybody there not only went to high school together, but my high school basketball team probably played theirs. There were a couple of old timers sitting at a table in the corner. They heard me ask for catsup. One of them piped up with "Catsup? I s'pose you'll be asking for gravy next!" :D

OK... you have to be a Yooper to understand. Gitchee-Gummee does, I'm certain.

For the record, I don't fault the guys in the bomb squad. The decision to blast that lunchbox was made before they got the call.

I'll say again that ClanRiffster has plotted out the series of events that lead to a 'splodin when a LEO finds a "suspicious package". There's an opportunity for common sense and that point in the process happens real early on the timeline.

For the record, I don't fault the guys in the bomb squad. The decision to blast that lunchbox was made before they got the call.

I'll say again that ClanRiffster has plotted out the series of events that lead to a 'splodin when a LEO finds a "suspicious package". There's an opportunity for common sense and that point in the process happens real early on the timeline that LEOs often ignore.

FIFY :(

Edited by Team GPSaxophone

I'll say again that ClanRiffster has plotted out the series of events that lead to a 'splodin when a LEO finds a "suspicious package". There's an opportunity for common sense and that point in the process happens real early on the timeline that LEOs often ignore.

"Fixed it for you" is so 1997.

"Fixed it for you" is so 1997.

You're supposed to say TFTF