Free coins

Chi-Town Cacher

I see all the great cointests that you folks host and I think it's really nice that you'd give some of your coins to others. I'd like to get in on the fun so I'm wanting to give away oh lets say 3 trackable and unactivated geocoins. There are two simple rules to this giveaway. The rules are really quite simple. Check out the rules below because even if you can't qualify under one rule you may qualify under the other rule.

1. To be eligible to receive a free coin you must not own any geocoins, but you'd really like one to either start a collection or to release into the wild and watch it travel. One coin will be given to the first two people who post on this thread saying they don't own a geocoin and would like a free one. OR

2. To be eligible for the 3rd and final geocoin you need to have given away a coin in a cointest and say you'd like a free coin.

I think that about does it so if you can qualify under one of the above rules let me know and I'll give you a geocoin. I don't know yet which coins they will be so I guess that part will be a surprise that you won't know until you receive the coin. If you like it then you can keep it and if not then you can do whatever you want with it. :P

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster

Well I have given away many coins in cointests BUT I'd really rather see somebody without any coins receive the one that I could have gotten by being the first to poat! :P

LadyBee4T you have won a coin. Of course I will be honored to grant your request that it go to somebody without any geocoins. So now there are 3 coins available to give to people with no coins. You're a very generous person. Thanks for being special! :lol:

ive been thinking about starting to get into collecting geocoins but havent been able to afford any yet :P

Congratulations you now own a coin. If you will click on my screen name and then click the link on my profile page to send me a message and let me know your name and mailing address I'll be happy to send you a coin. Welcome to the addictive activity of geocoin collecting!!!! :lol:

What a generously cool thing! I remember how intimidating it was when I first came to the forums and had no geocoins. :P

Now I have my own little mini-coin collection and I am playing around with geocoin designs. :)

Oh no! I find myself getting more and more into collecting and now there's yet another design that may require me to part with some more of my money. This is getting expensive. I'm just joking. Hopefully we'll see a coin designed by you sometime in the future. :lol:

you freekin rock,,,, ive gave away many many coins, actually.... i gave away 3 in the last week,, ha ha so were even! :lol::P

My friend I think you rock. I love your geocoins and I think you're pretty special too. On another post today I got to see your picture so now I can put a face with your name. It was good to see you! Take care of yourself! :)

I'm sure my kids would love to see a coin travel. :(

OK, I played detective and looked at your profile page and saw a picture with 2 children so I will be sending you 2 coins. One for each of them. Please send me your name and address via my profile page and I'll be glad to send them out.

VERY IMPORTANT: Even though that totals 3 coins I'll do 1 additional free coin to the 3rd person to say they don't have one, but would like one. That way we can still have 3 winners! :)

If there are still any available, I would LOVE to be the owner of a coin. My family has only been geocaching for about a week and are already hooked. I was lucky enough to find a geocoin yesterday and am planning to send it on its way again in the next few days.

You replied before I got it posted the giveaway had ended and had no way of knowing about the private request I'd received so I'd really like you to contact me via the link on my profile page and send me your name and address and I'll get a coin out to you. Wecome to this wonderfully addictive and fun past time!!!! :(

I'm sure my kids would love to see a coin travel. :)

That's to cool. I love the thought of a child getting one. How many children do you have? :)

Here is a picture of the fam before our last caching trip.

the-duggar-family.png

:(:P

Thank you. I'm sure both of them will be thrilled.

You gave me a heart attack with that picture since there's no way I could do one for each of the kids and I didn't want anybody disappointed. Then I looked closer and recognized the father from a reality TV show. You got me good! Send me your name and address and the 2 coins will be mailed.

I would like a geocoin! I just started geocaching about a week or two ago. I've been looking everywhere to start a collection, but they all seem so expensive... Do I qualify? :(

EDIT: D: Awww Darn!

You'll need to edit your post to say you are now a geocoin owner. You are the last winner tonight. Congratulations! Please send me an E-Mail via my profile page with your name and address and I'll get a coin out to you. :)

I see all the great cointests that you folks host and I think it's really nice that you'd give some of your coins to others. I'd like to get in on the fun so I'm wanting to give away oh lets say 3 trackable and unactivated geocoins. There are two simple rules to this giveaway. The rules are really quite simple. Check out the rules below because even if you can't qualify under one rule you may qualify under the other rule.

1. To be eligible to receive a free coin you must not own any geocoins, but you'd really like one to either start a collection or to release into the wild and watch it travel. One coin will be given to the first two people who post on this thread saying they don't own a geocoin and would like a free one. OR

2. To be eligible for the 3rd and final geocoin you need to have given away a coin in a cointest and say you'd like a free coin.

I think that about does it so if you can qualify under one of the above rules let me know and I'll give you a geocoin. I don't know yet which coins they will be so I guess that part will be a surprise that you won't know until you receive the coin. If you like it then you can keep it and if not then you can do whatever you want with it. :(

Have I missed it? Did I miss out?

I would really like a geocoin, and I do not currently own a coin or a bug.

I think that about does it so if you can qualify under one of the above rules let me know and I'll give you a geocoin. I don't know yet which coins they will be so I guess that part will be a surprise that you won't know until you receive the coin. If you like it then you can keep it and if not then you can do whatever you want with it. :(

send me your addy ill send ya one, are you planning on releasing it or keeping a collection? id just like to know. congrats my friend you are now a geocoin owner!! :)

send me your addy ill send ya one, are you planning on releasing it or keeping a collection? id just like to know. congrats my friend you are now a geocoin owner!! :P

Yep, there's no doubt about it Jay, you rock! Now I'm off to bed since I seriously need all the beauty rest I can get. Have a great week sir! :)

ive been thinking about starting to get into collecting geocoins but havent been able to afford any yet :(

Congratulations you now own a coin. If you will click on my screen name and then click the link on my profile page to send me a message and let me know your name and mailing address I'll be happy to send you a coin. Welcome to the addictive activity of geocoin collecting!!!! :)

he'll be a geocoin junkie in no time! :P

That's to cool. I love the thought of a child getting one. How many children do you have? :)

the-duggar-family.png

:(:)

You gave me a heart attack with that picture since there's no way I could do one for each of the kids and I didn't want anybody disappointed. Then I looked closer and recognized the father from a reality TV show. You got me good! Send me your name and address and the 2 coins will be mailed.

:) So it is not a real family photo??? I was socked too! I was wondering... and they have time to go geocaching?????? :P:):P

I own geocoins! So, am not qualified! I won many of them in cointest of they were special gifts!

My wallet limits does not allow me buy many coins! I have and my other collections of real coins and paper money, medals (military or not)....It is a mess!!! :)

I made a couple of months ago my first cointest about me as a geocacher and my island! I hope it was a nice one! :)

I liked it! I hope I will do one again in the near future! :) So.. I do not know if i am qualified at all! :)

The only think I know is that there are many great geocachers who gave away many coins in many cointests and deserve a coin!!!

Now.... can I ask something???? Holland, MI?? You are from Holland (the Netherlands), or from USA???? :)

Great job Michigan Cacheman and DJJ!! Guys, you make me proud to be a part of the geocoin forums, THANKS for that!

I have a few coins I can give away as well, but my coins need to be involved in the Todie's Wild Ride II race, so please, if you are interested in a free coin to be released (by me) into the race, come on over to Todie's Wild Ride and let me know! Only stipulations are you MUST enter it in the race and you must only have 5 coins or less in your collection!!

I don't have a lot of coins, but I can help out a few!!

Sorry to derail your thread, my friend....

the-duggar-family.png

:(:)

:) So it is not a real family photo??? I was socked too! I was wondering... and they have time to go geocaching?????? :P:):P

I own geocoins! So, am not qualified! I won many of them in cointest of they were special gifts!

My wallet limits does not allow me buy many coins! I have and my other collections of real coins and paper money, medals (military or not)....It is a mess!!! :)

I made a couple of months ago my first cointest about me as a geocacher and my island! I hope it was a nice one! :)

I liked it! I hope I will do one again in the near future! :) So.. I do not know if i am qualified at all! :)

The only think I know is that there are many great geocachers who gave away many coins in many cointests and deserve a coin!!!

Now.... can I ask something???? Holland, MI?? You are from Holland (the Netherlands), or from USA???? :)

Holland Michigan is a little journey NW of my home Nikos, he's here in Michigan! One of these days, I hope to meet up with him at an event or on the trails!!

Great job Michigan Cacheman and DJJ!! Guys, you make me proud to be a part of the geocoin forums, THANKS for that!

I have a few coins I can give away as well, but my coins need to be involved in the Todie's Wild Ride II race, so please, if you are interested in a free coin to be released (by me) into the race, come on over to Todie's Wild Ride and let me know! Only stipulations are you MUST enter it in the race and you must only have 5 coins or less in your collection!!

I don't have a lot of coins, but I can help out a few!!

Sorry to derail your thread, my friend....

Hi Rod! Derail my thread???? No way you and Jay have just continued it and I think it's awesome! I have to admit though that I'm sure I've gotten more out of this than the receivers of the coins. I woke up this morning and there were 2 or 3 messages saying how happy children were going to be. Just imagining excited children is enough to put a smile on my face. I'd have to say it's the best money I've spent in a while.

To everybody that participated thank you all and I'll get your coins mailed out tomorrow. Have a great week everybody!!!! :(

There is a town with the name holland?? WOW! I had seen Toledo but I thought it was an exception!

Hmm.. I have to see if there are Greek names too! :)

Greetings Gatoulis! I've been a fan of yours for some time now. I've been lurking around the forum for a few months now and I've really enjoyed reading your posts. You have such a positive outlook on life that it's always refreshing to read your messages.

Oh there's something else I've wanted to tell you. When it comes to learning foreign languages I just can't do it so people like you and some of the other posters here on the forum impress me very much. So to you and all the other non U.S. posters thanks so much for giving us an international flavor around here. I think you all are pretty darned impressive and I'm envious of your language skills.

As Rod stated my Holland is a small town here on the shores of Lake Michigan in the state of Michigan in the USA. Since the U.S. is mainly populated by people who immigrated here I'd guess that there are lots of towns named after the regions the immigrants came from. I know here in Holland, Michigan there is a Tulip Time Festival to celebrate the early Dutch settlers that settled in this area. So yeah, I'd be willing to bet that there are some Greek named towns out there.

I also was very happy to see some pictures of you on another thread. Now I can put a face with your name! From your post it's a young you I saw, but now that I've seen it I feel I know you a bit better even if it is a little outdated. So thanks for responding to that thread also! Ok I've rambled on for too long so I'll shut up. I just wanted to say I appreciate your input around here. Have a great week! :(

Edit to fix some bad spelling.

Edited by Michigan Cacheman

Michigan Cacheman, this was a very nice thing you did in this thread! And DJJ and Roddy picked up on it and added a bit more, you are all very giving, and I just wanted to say thanks.

I was very touched by the first coin I got through these forums and the people here, this is one of the great things that happens here. My 'pay it forward' is that I occasionally pick new posters and try to send them their first coin if I have anything that seems to match their interests in their gc profile.

hi...i am new here and to geocaching....myself and a feiend just heard of this, bought our first gps and went out and loved it. found 3 caches and 2 we didn't find.

i still need to get the talk down but i will get there!

and can someone tell me the meaning of the frog? lol

i would love to have a coin if you still have any to get started with! if not i understand. thanks...

Edited by paula1964

Paula...welcome to this great game!! I am sure now that you had your first finds.... you got the bug! you are addicted!!! :)

If you find a coin traveller in a cache, or if you own your first coin..... trust me... you will be so addicted!!!!

See me! I became a geocacher because I fell in love with a strange coin I had seen, and after a search I found that it was the first greek geocoin! when I searched a little I found the game, and... here I am!

In the forum I found so many great people, I have so fun and I am playing in cointest.... It is so great that I am about to have 4000 posts here!!!! WOW! How did I do that??? From November 2007 till now... 4000 posts????? Hey...whats the record??? :(:):P

The meaning of the frog?? Well... becasue frogs are everywhere! There are frogs in rivers, lakes etc, on land, in the sea (frog fish), there are flying frogs(I think in Java island in Indonesia)....there are even in out TV (Muppet Show.....) I hope you know Kermit!!! :)

So, since frogs are everywhere, the same thing is with GPS technology! you can use it everywhere!

Hey... you also find geocachers, caches etc....everywhere!!! what I mean by that??? Before I become a geocacher, I used to see tourists in unbelievable places!!! I was always wondering how they found this place etc! Now... when I see a tourist like that... the first thing that passes from my mind is... he is a geocacher!!! :)

Except all that, The frog is a symbol in many cultures! It is a symbol or reicarnation, or luck, fertility, regeneration....

Groundspeak put an antenna on the signal's head to merge the two different ideas of technology and nature into one symbol!

After all... being a geocacher means that you love and protect nature!!! We do not harm nature, we are helping it, cleaning the areas... so... :P

Signal is quite cool! :)

Ok...being green with an antenna on your head...

well... he is not an allient and from Mars!!! He is just a Geocacher! :)

take care my friend and once again, WELCOME!!!!! :)

There is a town with the name holland?? WOW! I had seen Toledo but I thought it was an exception!

Hmm.. I have to see if there are Greek names too! :)

Greetings Gatoulis! I've been a fan of yours for some time now. I've been lurking around the forum for a few months now and I've really enjoyed reading your posts. You have such a positive outlook on life that it's always refreshing to read your messages.

Oh there's something else I've wanted to tell you. When it comes to learning foreign languages I just can't do it so people like you and some of the other posters here on the forum impress me very much. So to you and all the other non U.S. posters thanks so much for giving us an international flavor around here. I think you all are pretty darned impressive and I'm envious of your language skills.

As Rod stated my Holland is a small town here on the shores of Lake Michigan in the state of Michigan in the USA. Since the U.S. is mainly populated by people who immigrated here I'd guess that there are lots of towns named after the regions the immigrants came from. I know here in Holland, Michigan there is a Tulip Time Festival to celebrate the early Dutch settlers that settled in this area. So yeah, I'd be willing to bet that there are some Greek named towns out there.

I also was very happy to see some pictures of you on another thread. Now I can put a face with your name! From your post it's a young you I saw, but now that I've seen it I feel I know you a bit better even if it is a little outdated. So thanks for responding to that thread also! Ok I've rambled on for too long so I'll shut up. I just wanted to say I appreciate your input around here. Have a great week! :)

Edit to fix some bad spelling.

Hello my friend!

You are a fun of me?? :(

Well... I love life! Sometimes I am sad or with stress too! I am human after all! :P

But as I said, I love life, I love things that can make me, my family and my friends to smile....

It is not very good to take life with a negative way! See.... no matter the problems that came or will come.... if you can change things into better.... why to be sad?? ...and... if you can not do anything.... hey! You tried, you did your best but nothing can happent! So...why being sad??? the next day will be a better one! The sun will rise again! :)

:P I know that I make mistakes in my english! I am trying to be better in that! :)

Hmm... if you knew my sister you would see about languages... she is an English, German and Italic teacher, she also speaks French and Spanish, and now she is learning arabic!!! Oh boy!!! :)

You can see how I look like now, in the gallery in my profile! I am 34 years old now, but.... the real age is the one we feel we have!!! :)

Have a great week too my friend!!! :)

Edited by GATOULIS

hi...i am new here and to geocaching....myself and a feiend just heard of this, bought our first gps and went out and loved it. found 3 caches and 2 we didn't find.

i still need to get the talk down but i will get there!

and can someone tell me the meaning of the frog? lol

i would love to have a coin if you still have any to get started with! if not i understand. thanks...

Hi Paula. I'm sorry I'm out of coins that I can spare at the moment. If you contact me via my profile page though I'd like to discuss something with you. I look forward to hearing from you! :(

Edit to fix more terrible spelling. You'd never know English is my native language as bad as I slaughter it sometimes. lol

Edited by Michigan Cacheman

Oh yeah Gatoulis I'm a fan of yours. It's always a pleasure to see your name pop up around here. You know I don't know why I don't ever think to check the galleries that you can find a link to on people's profile pages. That's a great way to get an idea of what some of you folks look like because my mental picture my imagination puts together is always very wrong. That was an excellent idea and I'm going to start doing that! Thanks for educating me today. Your explanation of the frog was rivetting too (or should I say it was ribbeting too, sorry I know that's a very lame humor attempt but I couldn't resist). I continue to learn from you. Thanks for the education! :(

Paula...welcome to this great game!! I am sure now that you had your first finds.... you got the bug! you are addicted!!! :)

If you find a coin traveller in a cache, or if you own your first coin..... trust me... you will be so addicted!!!!

See me! I became a geocacher because I fell in love with a strange coin I had seen, and after a search I found that it was the first greek geocoin! when I searched a little I found the game, and... here I am!

In the forum I found so many great people, I have so fun and I am playing in cointest.... It is so great that I am about to have 4000 posts here!!!! WOW! How did I do that??? From November 2007 till now... 4000 posts????? Hey...whats the record??? :(:):P

The meaning of the frog?? Well... becasue frogs are everywhere! There are frogs in rivers, lakes etc, on land, in the sea (frog fish), there are flying frogs(I think in Java island in Indonesia)....there are even in out TV (Muppet Show.....) I hope you know Kermit!!! :)

So, since frogs are everywhere, the same thing is with GPS technology! you can use it everywhere!

Hey... you also find geocachers, caches etc....everywhere!!! what I mean by that??? Before I become a geocacher, I used to see tourists in unbelievable places!!! I was always wondering how they found this place etc! Now... when I see a tourist like that... the first thing that passes from my mind is... he is a geocacher!!! :)

Except all that, The frog is a symbol in many cultures! It is a symbol or reicarnation, or luck, fertility, regeneration....

Groundspeak put an antenna on the signal's head to merge the two different ideas of technology and nature into one symbol!

After all... being a geocacher means that you love and protect nature!!! We do not harm nature, we are helping it, cleaning the areas... so... :P

Signal is quite cool! :)

Ok...being green with an antenna on your head...

well... he is not an allient and from Mars!!! He is just a Geocacher! :)

take care my friend and once again, WELCOME!!!!! :)

LOL, thanks for that explanation & welcome! LOL