Suggested Change

AtwellFamily

(Yes. We know there are firefox/greasemonkey work arounds.)

Interesting that you call them "work arounds" - I call them adding functionality that Groundspeak is unwilling or unable to add, or they just haven't got around to it yet :D

Geocaching VIP List will add a smiley or frownie face next to the cache name if you've found or DNF'd the cache, among a whole slew of other things it does :drama:

Edited by Lil Devil

Eons ago, there was a "You have already found this cache" on the cache pages at the top by your logged in name. I think that's great.

The problem with firefox/greasemonkey "work-arounds" is that some of us are bound on certain computers to use only certain browsers, and cannot benefit from these wonderful additions.

Just a suggestion - When you're on that cache page and you can't recall whether you've done it or not just click on "Find all nearby caches" (under the Additional Hints). It will give you the list of nearby caches with that particular cache at the top of the list - It will have the red tick by it if you've found it in the past.

MrsB :D

When I go to a cache page and can't remember if I have found the cache I have to show all logs and then search the page for my geoname. It would be nice if this icon check.gif shows next to the cache icon for my finds.

This should be an easy fix and it would be a nice to have.

Add my vote for that enhancement. But here's something else to consider. For some reason, I often find myself going to a cache page and finding my own log. Wouldn't it be great if your own log would always show by default? That way, there wouldn't be the extra step of "Show All Logs"... at least for this scenario.

When I go to a cache page and can't remember if I have found the cache I have to show all logs and then search the page for my geoname. It would be nice if this icon check.gif shows next to the cache icon for my finds.

This should be an easy fix and it would be a nice to have.

Add my vote for that enhancement. But here's something else to consider. For some reason, I often find myself going to a cache page and finding my own log. Wouldn't it be great if your own log would always show by default? That way, there wouldn't be the extra step of "Show All Logs"... at least for this scenario.

see post #3.

Yes it is a bit of a pain tracking down your old logs. But instead of showing by default as suggested here, make the red checkmark (anywhere it is used) be a link to call up those logs.

The problem with firefox/greasemonkey "work-arounds" is that some of us are bound on certain computers to use only certain browsers, and cannot benefit from these wonderful additions.

Groundspeak should be striving to make greasemonkey scrips obsolete.

Just to add to what Blorenges said, clicking "find all nearby caches" shows not only the red checkmark by caches you've found, but also the date you found it.

And then you have to click back on to the cache page. Then you have to click to show all the logs. Then you can scroll down to your log. I didn't say I was so stupid I couln't understand that. I just thought if GC ever gives us the new red check mark, please consider making it an EASY link to the logs (anywhere a red check mark appears).

Some people love onions. I hate them. Some people love firefox/greasemonkey. Some of us not so much.

They're working on it. A little at a time.

My Bag 'o' Tricks script used to make the log entry box on the "Log a Cache" page wider. Groundspeak recently included that directly into the site for the benefit of everyone.

The travel bug selection box on the log page used to be about 3 lines tall, making it hard to select multiple bugs if you were holding a lot of them. That same script used to make the selection box taller. Now Groundspeak made that same change for the benefit of everyone.

One of Prime Suspect's scripts used to give you a total of how many logs of each cache type were on the cache page. Groundspeak later included that directly to in the website.

There have been other examples, but I've had too many beers this evening to remember them ;)

Personally I feel flattered when Groundspeak makes one of my scripts obsolete :rolleyes:

Yes it is a bit of a pain tracking down your old logs. But instead of showing by default as suggested here, make the red checkmark (anywhere it is used) be a link to call up those logs.

Mark another cacher who likes the idea of a Red Check at the top of the cache page to identify that I have found the cache and that it is a link to my log. This would be a great easy addition to GC.com.

Lil Devil.. Maybe I should install Greasemonkey and actually look at the stuff you've done. That way I could give you a heads up that I'm going to make something obsolete, until then I'll just keep work on the stuff that's been on my list for a while now :P

-Raine

Lil Devil.. Maybe I should install Greasemonkey and actually look at the stuff you've done. That way I could give you a heads up that I'm going to make something obsolete, until then I'll just keep work on the stuff that's been on my list for a while now :)

-Raine

So...the OP's original question? Is this something that can be done?

(Yes. We know there are firefox/greasemonkey work arounds.)

Interesting that you call them "work arounds" - I call them adding functionality that Groundspeak is unwilling or unable to add, or they just haven't got around to it yet ;)

Geocaching VIP List will add a smiley or frownie face next to the cache name if you've found or DNF'd the cache, among a whole slew of other things it does :)

This is the first I've heard of Geocaching VIP List. Just checked it out, what a cool idea! Thanks!