best "swag"

It was not a flame-retardant suit which is what you're gonna need when the next 20 posters start yelling how you need to search the forums before posting. :unsure:

I have the most enjoyment when I find something handmade such as a sig item or something that relates to a themed cache. I just finished a run of ammo cans that where all themed on the TV show, "Lost". This guy went all out in decorating the cans but also made some replicas off high profile items on the show. I was able to get FTF on all of them so I have added them all to my collection of swag.

I also get excited when I find a pathtag in a cache container.

What was the best thing you found in a geocache?

My favourites:

- unactivated geocoins or geocaching pins

- matchbox type mustangs or jeeps (I own both in real life and collected the die-cast versions)

- a handmade bookmark dedicated to geocaching (I use it ALL of the time). It is made by a local to me cacher.

- a handpainted rock... it has a raccoon painted on it and is very well done. I have it sitting on my desk.

- other pins (my husband collects them)

- and coins from other countries (my daughter collects those)

Actually, my prized possessions are some shiny new gold dollar coin left for the FTF's.

That sounds like a Canadian "loonie" :unsure:

the us has a gold dollar coin as well.

I wasn't meaning that it was a Canadian Loonie... it just sounded a lot like one (which is also a popular FTF prize here. Tim Horton gift cards are another very popular FTF item too). I think it is cool that there is a dollar coin in the States too... I didn't know that. :cool:

Edited by brendah

favorite things i have found in caches (in order of preference):

$100 bill

beautiful handmade signature items

beautiful professionally produced signature items

unactivated geocoins

personal coins or tokens, metal

handmade signature items

personal coins or tokens, wood or plastic

and waaaaaaaay at the bottom of the list:

signature cards, laminated

signature cards, unlaminated

business cards

moist kleenex

expired coupon to tim horton's, good only in the US.

if i am at tim horton's (unlikely unless crashco just HAS to go there, since i hate it), i am in CANADA. i am aware that there are some tim horton's in the us, but not in any state i spend time in. we therefore do not understand why we found an expired tim horton's coupon good only in the US while we were in quebec. where did it come from? who would have put it there?

answers. i want answers.

if i am at tim horton's (unlikely unless crashco just HAS to go there, since i hate it), i am in CANADA. i am aware that there are some tim horton's in the us, but not in any state i spend time in. we therefore do not understand why we found an expired tim horton's coupon good only in the US while we were in quebec. where did it come from? who would have put it there?

answers. i want answers.

I can't help you with that answer but I with you on disliking Tim Horton's so the FTF prize of a tim card I leave for the next cacher. I don't understand the attraction to the terrible tasting coffee :blink:

I would rather see a gold coin from either country :(

I know a bit off topic but I had to say it...

A few years back I swapped for a pair of brand new still in the wrapper zircon encrusted tweezers. This was long before the micro cache explosion, and certainly before the onset of the nano cache. Those tweezers have come in handy many times for nano and petid log extraction since then.

A few years back I swapped for a pair of brand new still in the wrapper zircon encrusted tweezers. This was long before the micro cache explosion, and certainly before the onset of the nano cache. Those tweezers have come in handy many times for nano and petid log extraction since then.

Ok, so what exactly are zircon encrusted tweezers?

One possibility:

http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=2483

So far I only have 28 caches behind me, but the best thing I found was a mini-screwdriver set with 4 bits in. It was in a disk shape with a hole in the middle to fit the bit.

This was when I was in Canada and unfortunately the 'Robin Hood' airport security (don't worry all of the swag we take from you goes to a charity and they get the money) deemed it too dangerous an item to take onto an airplane. :(

I can understand the dangers of a full-size screwdriver, but I would hardly have been able to scratch someone with it. If you looked at the thing you wouldn't think twice about it. :blink:

I've found a few of the US gold dollar coins, some handmade earrings and also some charms(which I am saving so I can make a geocache charm bracelet). I found a cool old license plate from 1974 near a cache...actually my daughter found it and thought it was junk.....but I thought it was cool and will hang it in my garage! :)

I can understand the dangers of a full-size screwdriver, but I would hardly have been able to scratch someone with it. If you looked at the thing you wouldn't think twice about it. :)

I worked for airport security for about 9 months after 9-11. The theory behind screwdrivers being banned was that they could be used to disassemble the airplane and/or safety equipment.

Not defending it.. just repeating what my boss told me.

I can understand the dangers of a full-size screwdriver, but I would hardly have been able to scratch someone with it. If you looked at the thing you wouldn't think twice about it. :)

The theory behind screwdrivers being banned was that they could be used to disassemble the airplane and/or safety equipment.

by that reasoning, it ought to be illegal to carry dimes.

A friend of mine would leave a 20 dollar bill. How do you trade even for that? Do you carry one trade item worth that much?

So you end up leaving two tens. Then the next guy take a ten and leaves two fives. Then someone doesn't have a fiver so they pull out the change. Eventually all you are left with is a cache full of pennies. Have you ever dug through 20 dollars worth of pennies to find the log book?

:)

A friend of mine would leave a 20 dollar bill. How do you trade even for that? Do you carry one trade item worth that much?

So you end up leaving two tens. Then the next guy take a ten and leaves two fives. Then someone doesn't have a fiver so they pull out the change. Eventually all you are left with is a cache full of pennies. Have you ever dug through 20 dollars worth of pennies to find the log book?

when i leave something way more valuable than i know anyone brings in their cache bag, i expect that someone will trade the best thing they have and take the added value as a gift.

OMG YES. YES I HAVE.

well, no. not quite. Check my log for GC1251J

Check the photos!

The theory behind screwdrivers being banned was that they could be used to disassemble the airplane and/or safety equipment.

by that reasoning, it ought to be illegal to carry dimes.

For a long time we were taking nail clippers just like the ones you could buy at the shop 30 feet past the check point.

Silliness.

Edited by Arrow42

OMG YES. YES I HAVE.

well, no. not quite. Check my log for GC1251J

Check the photos!

See? You all thought I was joking.

:blink:

:lol:

One possibility:

http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=2483

DINGDINGDING we have a winner! :o

But did you already know this or google the phrase?