The Excitement of Waiting for your FTF

On your own hidden cache that is! I think I could get addicted to hiding caches even more than finding them! I'm sitting here just waiting for the FTF e-mail for my second cache that I hid. Come on people!! ;)

I know how you feel. :D My first earthcache was just published!

On your own hidden cache that is! I think I could get addicted to hiding caches even more than finding them! I'm sitting here just waiting for the FTF e-mail for my second cache that I hid. Come on people!! ;)

I know how you feel. :D My first earthcache was just published!

:D:D:D:D

Has anyone staked out a hide after getting the notice that their cache got published? Hard to do in a rural cache, but easy to do on an urban cache.

Soon as I got the notice that a cache that I hid near a local burger king, I went to that burger king, sat by the window and ate my food. Like a half hour later, some cachers came up and looked for it. After they made the find, I went over and introduced myself and congratulated them on the FTF.

Has anyone staked out a hide after getting the notice that their cache got published? Hard to do in a rural cache, but easy to do on an urban cache.

Soon as I got the notice that a cache that I hid near a local burger king, I went to that burger king, sat by the window and ate my food. Like a half hour later, some cachers came up and looked for it. After they made the find, I went over and introduced myself and congratulated them on the FTF.

I'm pretty sure that the guy who hid one I found was staking it out (or at least there is circumstantial evidence....) I was about to head out to the store and the email popped up. I boggled as I noticed it was on the way to the store. I picked it up and there was a mail truck sitting in the parking lot of the tennis courts where it was hidden that was parked in a place to view the hide spot but not the tennis players. Once I made the find, he drove off. It was a pretty intricate system to get the thing down and back up again so I'm curious if he was hoping to see if the finders would get the right idea. One of his two other caches is near the loading dock of the post office and the other is a short walk away from that.

I was the same way with a multi I just placed. It went up on a Friday, so I thought for sure someone would get it Saturday morning. I waited all weekend and finally Sunday night I got the email. WOO HOO!!!!

You nearly got that email on Saturday. If only it weren't for Watson the delinquent dog. ;)

I was the same way with a multi I just placed. It went up on a Friday, so I thought for sure someone would get it Saturday morning. I waited all weekend and finally Sunday night I got the email. WOO HOO!!!!

You nearly got that email on Saturday. If only it weren't for Watson the delinquent dog. ;)

I loved your log on that one, Chumpo! Thanks for taking the time to go into details.

By the way, the Liberty Park cache is also mine. :D (adopted from WA Red Bear)

'Goose

Edited by DatCrazyMongoose

I have thought about it and may yet do it. In this area FTF 45 minutes to a max of 3 hours after publication is the norm, so it wouldn't take long!

Back when I used to chase FTFs I got there within 30 minutes of getting the notification a number of times only to find that I was the third finder!

I think it was Snoogans who did this and took pictures of the FTFers to post online. That's cool. Might try that. As soon as they post their FTF log I will post a picture of them finding it - that ought to be a surprise! :mad:

I spent 2 days setting up my last cache (then about a week discussing it with the reviewer) to have it go live a few hours before the weekly notifications went out on friday. My cache, however, was not in said notification anyways. "Oh well, be patient" I told myself. "Surely someone will find it on the weekend anyways. These people are like a ravenous pack of wolves." But alas, come monday night I was sending emails :)

That was 2 months ago. I'm at 4 finds now :mad:

GCQJ3F Common people, get cracking!

Didn't take long for the two I've placed. One was placed in a park open dawn to dusk and published an hour or so after sundown. The next morning a few FTF hounds were waiting at the entrance at dawn. I should have setup a coffee table. :mad:

Kind of funny, after a while of seeing the same three or four people FTF, I started making bets on the web page about who would get the FTF. Then as if to spite me, someone else from left field would swoop in. Funnier than heck, to me.

I did an event for my 40th birthday and was wondering who would be the first to show. Got there an hour early to set up and like 30 people were already there. I was shocked - even more so to see about 90 people running around (including cachers kids) we packed the place. Which was good because a local restaurant was never very busy (off the beaten path) and it was nice to give them a little nudge. Even better was when locals would walk in, instead of being mad about not getting a table, they were happy to see the place full for once.

(Edit, spelling)

Edited by Unkle Fester

I, too, look forward to the FTF email for one of my caches. In fact, I enjoy ALL of the emails that I get from fellow cachers. I like to think that I helped bring a little fun/adventure to their lives by placing a cache for them to find. I especially like the comments more if I've put more effort into placing a cache.

Better yet, disguise yourself as a small bush near GZ and jump up as the cachers approach! On second thought..... nawwwww. :)

And I thought we were nice to our fellow GCers, I think the big one would hit if that was me.........

I do like the idea of taking photos of the FTF, it would be like getting caught in the act...... :mad:

As soon as I find a good place for it, I would like to place a cache. I want to make sure it is worth going after for the rest of you, gotta have a view, or some sort of historical importance. Kinda hard around here, a lot of caches all ready.

I have thought about it and may yet do it. In this area FTF 45 minutes to a max of 3 hours after publication is the norm, so it wouldn't take long!

Back when I used to chase FTFs I got there within 30 minutes of getting the notification a number of times only to find that I was the third finder!

I think it was Snoogans who did this and took pictures of the FTFers to post online. That's cool. Might try that. As soon as they post their FTF log I will post a picture of them finding it - that ought to be a surprise! :o

How surprised do you think they would be if you raced back home after snapping the picture and put it front and center on the cache page? Or maybe get their ID from the cache after they leave and then emailing them the picture? That would freak them out.

I have to control my excitement. After Lunch With Milt has been out there for four months still awaiting a find. And it's not even very difficult ... well, one seeker was turned back by ticks, and I think another by the foxtails. But still ...

Edward

Cachers who hike this far seldom show interest in trading, so I have not stocked any trade items.

There's your problem! Sheesh! Who's going to go after a cache without any trade items? What were you thinking, anyway? :o

(obviously... just kidding. Delayed gratification isn't all its cracked up to be, is it?)

Edited by knowschad