COINTEST: My Catche!

BrierPatch

geocoin_mycatche_white.jpg

WITH GLOW IN THE DARK EYES

This Coin is a reflection of my warpped humor, and is available HERE

This is my first attempt at a micro and humor.

Based on an episode with my Cat. We were eating dinner when I heard something in the kitchen. I quietly got up and snuck around the corner, I was spotted, and Iffy lept from the counter with chicken leg in tow. I persued her as she ran under the breakfest nook and squeezed through the the corner crack just big enough for a cat or a hand and a chicken leg. (we fight over food at my house) I dove under the breakfest nook and slid on the floor to the corner crack, against the gutteral warning not to I thrust my hand into the crack. I remember bumbing my head underneath the bottom of the table as I was rushing to the sink to clean off the blood still chickenless.

My cat does not understand that posssesion is only 9/10th of the the law, if she has it it is hers you keep your hands off.

The Cointest: This is a simple opportunity for you to tell a story about your furlined feline friend, and pictures are alway welcome. Good luck and happy purring.

One post per user per twenty four hour period.

Nice coin, good job on this one!

While not an entry, I have fond memories of my cat (another friend that departed from our family last year), he used to have so much fun playing with the toys we'd give him! Unfortunately, he couldn't always control his hyperness and would sometimes grab my toe when I was kicking the various balls and fluffy toys around...OUCH!! It got to where the little beast wouldn't even bother witht he toy, just go for the foot lol!!

Cool, another cat-related thread!

Your story is funny, yet I feel for your hand. That must've hurt bad...

Now, I could tell you how my Chiepoo always waves goodbye with his claws in the curtain when we go out geocaching. Or tell you how he likes to play the chimes. Or how he throws his stuffed mice and balls so high and away that we cannot know where they are.

No, I will tell you about his latest mischief.

When we're gone, he likes to do everything he cannot do when we can spot the noise. One of the things I especially dislike is when he climbs onto my jeweller's desk to play around with my tools and stuff. After the fall of an unexpectedly leaky jar last week, I had set up a band of tape with small nails on the edge of the shelf over the desk. Don't worry, the nails don't hold very well, so they will just tickle his paw if he dares to touch. At least that's what I thought...

On the very top of it, there was a small bowl with a necklace and pair of earrings, icky stuff found in a cache that I bought home to give it a proper maintenance. All of this was behind the protective wall of nails, 160cm from the ground.

So when we came home Sunday evening after a day out caching, we found strange pink pieces of something next to the bed. Oops, I think I know where it comes from. Indeed, the bowl was turned upside down, the earrings on the desk and the necklace missing. I found it in the living room, missing only one terracotta bead, the rest being untouched.

How on earth the little scoundrel managed to break a terracotta bead with his teeth without chewing the whole thread is a mystery to me. As well as how he managed to climb up there to get only the bowl of jewellery. Nothing else had fallen. He sure is a sneaky fellow. But he didn't get his favourite snack we usually give him when we come home after a day out.

Couldn't Chiepoo sleep all day long like normal cats do?

2965426250028999818S600x600Q85.jpg

Cool, another cat-related thread!

Your story is funny, yet I feel for your hand. That must've hurt bad...

Now, I could tell you how my Chiepoo always waves goodbye with his claws in the curtain when we go out geocaching. Or tell you how he likes to play the chimes. Or how he throws his stuffed mice and balls so high and away that we cannot know where they are.

No, I will tell you about his latest mischief.

When we're gone, he likes to do everything he cannot do when we can spot the noise. One of the things I especially dislike is when he climbs onto my jeweller's desk to play around with my tools and stuff. After the fall of an unexpectedly leaky jar last week, I had set up a band of tape with small nails on the edge of the shelf over the desk. Don't worry, the nails don't hold very well, so they will just tickle his paw if he dares to touch. At least that's what I thought...

On the very top of it, there was a small bowl with a necklace and pair of earrings, icky stuff found in a cache that I bought home to give it a proper maintenance. All of this was behind the protective wall of nails, 160cm from the ground.

So when we came home Sunday evening after a day out caching, we found strange pink pieces of something next to the bed. Oops, I think I know where it comes from. Indeed, the bowl was turned upside down, the earrings on the desk and the necklace missing. I found it in the living room, missing only one terracotta bead, the rest being untouched.

How on earth the little scoundrel managed to break a terracotta bead with his teeth without chewing the whole thread is a mystery to me. As well as how he managed to climb up there to get only the bowl of jewellery. Nothing else had fallen. He sure is a sneaky fellow. But he didn't get his favourite snack we usually give him when we come home after a day out.

Couldn't Chiepoo sleep all day long like normal cats do?

2965426250028999818S600x600Q85.jpg

What a beautiful cat you have!!! Love those eyes!

My Susie was so difficult with food when we first got her, shes calmed down sooooo much since then. She was the runt of her litter, as an 11 year old now shes still tiny but she fit in the palm of my hand when we got her. She was always affectionate but when food was near she was vicious. She had been homeless, our vets receptionist found her and her siblings and caught and adopted them out, and being the smallest she'd had to fight for every morsel. When we ate dinner there was no peace, we tried setting up an obstacle course with the empty chairs at the table, but she would still manage to get up on the table, so dinner time was basement time for kitties, until she got used to the fact that she'd be fed regularly. For years she'd growl over her food bowl while she ate, even though nobody threatened her (our other cat adored her from day one* and wouldn't threaten her food bowl.....or maybe just never did b/c of the growling!) so I definitely know about food battles with cats!!!

Thanks for the cointest and cute coin!

This is Susie (photographed with TB's b/c thats what I have access to here at work :laughing:)

6c90423c-d78c-448a-b141-b25af0176ecf.jpg

She loves her basket. It's all hers, no one else allowed in. I think having her own bed made her feel more comfortable adjusting to her new home.

456d20b7-4d54-4e3d-be22-37f2d71543a7.jpg

*He did, when we brought her home his eyes lit up, he was probably thinking "oooh a present for MEEEEEE" She walked around the house exploring and he followed about 3 inches behind her the whole time. I'm not even sure if she noticed there was another cat, haha.

Nice coin!!!!! :laughing:

My first one was Kiki! We had found a tiny kitten in our front door one day! I was a child, my sister was too, even if she was a little older than me! the kitten was so tiny, so skiny and sooo hungry!!!

We loved that kitten! We took it, and she became a beautiful cat!!! I have to say that kiki comes from Kiriaki (Sunday)! that name exists as a normal female name, but we choosed to call her like that because we found her a Sunday!

she was the cleverest cat I have ever seen! she was even learned by her self, to urinate in my chamberpot!!! She saw me and... WOW!! she was not touching any food that wasn't for her! she was so calm and friendly!

when she was out, and wanted to enter in the house, she was climbing on a box that was close to our window (there was a balcony there) and she was waiting! When we were looking at her and were asking her what did she want, she was starting her "miaou"! :laughing:

She was waiting my father's permision first to enter inside!

When my father waved at her saying come inside, she was jumping to the door, and she was opening it! The door was a very light one! She was coming inside, she was closing the door with her head, she was coming first to say a "hello" to as by fondle with her body our feet, and then she was going straight to the heater to sleep! :D

I know that these sound wierd but everything is completely true!!!

When we left from that house to go to an apartment, the owner of the apartment didn't want any animals! We gave the cat to a friend until we manage to take the yes from the apartment owner!

when we did that, a week after, we went to take the cat, but she was gone! During this week, we went 1-2 times to see her! We asked our friend where the cat was and she said that she stole a fish so she send her off! Our cat was in the streets alone??? We couldn't understand why all this! Our friend was a cat lover! she had other animals... our cat wouldn't take any food.... then she told us... ok... I had forgoten to feed her for a couple of days, so... and I throw her in a garden near a road!

We had a fight... but we were feeling guilty for the poor cat! We searched and searched... nothing! We never saw the cat again! :laughing:

Thank you for the cointest!!! :D

This brings back many memories of my beloved Kahula, sadly I cannot have a cat now as my husband has cat asthma.

Since your story pertains to food, I will relay one in the same category. At the time I was about 20 and home from college with my kitty Kahula, I was wanting good food instead of the stuff you eat to get by at college so I decided to make Lasagna for dinner. After if was finished baking we set it on the counter to cool off a little so it doesn't ooze so much when you cut it. While it was cooling a friend stopped by and all of us went outside for him to show us a new purchase he had made for his car. When we got back inside Kahula was on the counter enjoying our Lasagna. My sister got loud and startled her, Kahula stepped into the dish, jumped down and dashed across my moms new cream colored carpet less than a year old. Little tomato based prints went across the room. Boy was my mom mad, and we had lots of clean up to get the prints off. When I married she stayed with my mom. She died about 8 years ago.

My hubby who for obvious reasons doesn't like cats did like Kahula because her personality was more dog like. She was very attached to me and even swam in a lake to get to me when she was a baby on a camping trip.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane, and the cointest.

Karen

Edited by kmmlynch

Briar Patch, That is a funny story and reminds me of my cat, Criseyde, who was in kahoots with the dog for their food stealing missions.

Once I had a whole batch of cupcakes sitting cooling in the cupcake tin on top of the counter. Criseyde sat on the counter and ate the tops off of each cupcake one by one. After she finished one, she would use her paw to flip the bottom half out of the pan, sending it flying up into the air. Tess, (the black lab), was patiently waiting next to the counter, and would jump up gracefully, open her mouth, and the cupcake would plop right in. I too, heard strange noises from the kitchen and snuck up on them to watch this crazy cooperation.

Both pets are long lost to us now, so thanks for reminding me of something funny that they added to our day when they were with us.

Thanks for the cointest!

A few months ago we painted the concrete basement floor. We had three partial cans of leftover paint - brown, beige, and grey. When mixed them together they made a purply-pink colour, not ideal for a workshop floor, but no one but us would see it so we didn't care. Of course we made sure to close the door so Twitch wouldn't get into the workshop while we were painting. After we were finished we opened the door and stood there admiring our handiwork. Of course Twitch took that golden opportunity to check out our new floor. Oops! Kitty in the wet paint! I yelled "oh no!" and Bruce yelled "hey" at the same time, so Twitch knew he was in trouble, and immediately hot-footed it up the stairs to the living room - carpeted stairs, carpeted living room, little pink footprints all the way. Fortunately it was water-based paint so cleaning the carpet was fairly easy, but cleaning Twitch's pink paws was pretty traumatic for all three of us.

Bellfrypotters post reminded me of a similar story involving our cat Max (see my avatar, that's Max).

We were painting my daughters (Tamster56) room a cool shade of purple and grey (she is an LA Kings hockey fan and that is their colors). We had finished the second wall and had stepped out to take a break for lunch. After lunch, we got ready to head back to her room and finish the painting when we noticed a line of little purple kitty footprints heading down the hall. It turns out that Max had gotten his nose out of joint because we had the door closed while painting and he always insists on overseeing anything we do. So when we broke for lunch, he decided it was time to check out the paint job we were doing. While he was inspecting our handiwork he apparently stepped into the purple paint roller tray which still had paint in it. Once he realized he had liquid on his paws, he did what every cat does and shook them off and in doing so he splattered purple paint all over a wall that we had just finished painting with the grey paint and got it all over his fur as well, then Max proceeded to track these little purple paw prints throughout the house. Thankfully he only tracked the paint into rooms that had tile floors, including the hall. All in all we did have a bit of a laugh at this even though we had hundreds of purple pawprints to clean up around the house, we had to repaint a section of grey wall and had to give Max a bath to get the paint out of his paws and his fur from when he tried to shake the paint off of himself.

Emailed to me:

Calling in sick to work makes me uncomfortable. No matter how legitimate my excuse, I always get the feeling that my boss thinks I'm lying.

On one recent occasion, I had a valid reason but lied anyway, because the truth was just too darned humiliating. I simply mentioned that I had sustained a head injury, and I hoped I would feel up to coming in the next day. By then, I reasoned, I could think up a doozy to explain the bandage on the top of my head.

The accident occurred mainly because I had given in to my wife's wishes to adopt a cute little kitty. Initially, the new acquisition was no problem. Then one morning, I was taking my shower after breakfast when I heard my wife, Deb, call out to me from the kitchen. "Honey! The garbage disposal is dead again. Please come reset it."

"You know where the button is," I protested through the shower pitter-patter and steam. "Reset it yourself!"

"But I'm scared!" she persisted. "What if it starts going and sucks me in?"

There was a meaningful pause and then, "C'mon, it'll only take you a second. "

So out I came, dripping wet and buck naked, hoping that my silent outraged nudity would make a statement about how I perceived her behavior as extremely cowardly. Sighing loudly, I squatted down and stuck my head under the sink to find the button. It is the last action I remember performing.

It struck without warning, and without any respect to my circumstances. No, it wasn't the hexed disposal, drawing me into its gnashing metal teeth.

It was our new kitty, who discovered the fascinating dangling objects she spied hanging between my legs. She had been poised around the corner and stalked me as I reached under the sink. And, at the precise moment when I was most vulnerable, she leapt at the toys I unwittingly offered and snagged them with her needle-like claws.

I lost all rational thought to control orderly bodily movements, blindly rising at a violent rate of speed, with the full weight of a kitten hanging from my masculine region. Wild animals are sometimes faced with a fight or flight syndrome. Men, in this predicament, choose only the "flight" option.

I know this from experience. I was fleeing straight up into the air when the sink and cabinet bluntly and forcefully impeded my ascent. The impact knocked me out cold.

When I awoke, my wife and the paramedics stood over me. Now there are not many things in this life worse than finding oneself lying on the kitchen floor buck naked in front of a group of "been-here, done-that" paramedics. Even worse, having been fully briefed by my wife, the paramedics were all snorting loudly as they tried to conduct their work, all the while trying to suppress their hysterical laughter....

...and not succeeding.

Somehow I lived through it all.

A few days later I finally made it back in to the office, where colleagues tried to coax an explanation out of me about my head injury. I kept silent, claiming it was too painful to talk about. Which it was.

"What's the matter?" They all asked, "Cat got your tongue?"

If they only knew!

Thanks to every one for playing, I thought this would be a more popular coin test, but it sorta just slipped away. So if you posted a story You win! I do not have enough Catche coins I But I will pick a couple posts to send the coins to and send something else to the rest of you folks who posted a story. Just Email me your Address and Post number, If you posted a story.

Thanks to all who participated. This Coin Test is now over.

Thanks for the cointest BrierPatch! I had a good time reading the stories that people posted, but don't understand why there were not more posts. Since cats are always getting into things and are very mischievious you would think there would have been a lot more stories. If I had to pick a single winner, it would be LadeBear68 hands down. That is one hilarious story and I could actually picture in my mind what happened.

Thanks again for the cointest!!!

Oh boy!!! I forgot to post my second story here, for my second & third cat! Well, I hope Renata & Asproula will forgive me from Cat's Heaven!

All stories won? WOW That is so generous!!! Thank you!! Of course we are all winners for having wonderfull stories about our pets!

Thank you my friend for the cointest! :)

Oh! Can I ask something about the coin?

What is the difference between the white and the yellow coin (except the color! :) )? Is the yellow a LE or you just made 2 versions?

Edited by GATOULIS

Hmmm, my english is not that good, but i understand that this thread is about cats and their stories :D , so i will tell one:

Last weekend me and two of my geocacher-friends sat cozy in the winter garden and enjoyed the first time barbecue this year.

After the steaks were eaten i stood up to fetch some of the delicious little sausages from the grill...

...and what do i see? :):)

Only six of 10 sausages were left on the grill.

I looked around to find out were they could have gone...and what do i see now? :lol::D

The cat of my friend sitting on the terrace and eating our sausagen :D

I dont know how she got them from the grill without hurting herself...

but we were not able to be angry on such a sweet cat :lol::P:D

Edited by Dark Elf

Well, I have been fortunate enough to win a few coins so I wanted to give other people a chance. Congrats to everyone and thanks to BP for the cointest! I don't have a cat now but I did have a few different ones when I was young and living with my parents.

One cat in particular was extremely adventurous...his name was Buddy and he was a barn cat (did not live in the house with us). He used to ride around in the hood of my winter parka when I was working in the barn.

One day in the summer my father was putting an addition on the back of our house. It was a two story structure and he was working on the upper floor. It had a hole for a window but no window had been put in yet and it was connected to our house by a door into my parent's bedroom.

As he was working, my cat Buddy had found his way into the house and was getting in my dad's way. Every tool or piece of wood seemed to have a cat on top of it. It was frustrating my dad and he would yell for me to get the cat outside where it belonged (he was not too fond of cats to begin with). So I came, retrieved Buddy and took him out to the front door of our house and put him outside. About five minutes later, Buddy was back being a pest to my dad again. Again, I was summoned to get rid of the cat. By the third time, I was reprimanded for letting the cat into the house. I had been told a million times that Buddy was to stay outside and not to let him sneak in. "But dad! I didn't let him in!" So we decided to watch what he was doing. I went around to the back of the house and my dad put Buddy out the front door. Within seconds, I watched Buddy race around to the back of the house and climb up a ladder that was leaning against the house - two stories up! But that's not the truly amazing part. After he got to the top of the ladder, it was still two feet below the window. So I stood and watched as this silly cat jumped from the top rung, into the window where my dad was working!

Talk about agile!

Thanks again for letting me recount this story - Buddy was a truly amazing cat and it always brings a smile to my face when I share this story!