Tesco GPSr Prices

McShug

but if you follow the links you could get the 60csx at half price or the legend cx again at half price!

but can i justify the cost? :ph34r:

Although the CSx cost £500 RRP when it came out 3 years ago (nobody I know paid more than £400 even then), I think you'll find you can easily buy it for this price or cheaper now.

I'm guessing the Legend is a similar story.

Is the half price legend a good deal? And what would it end up costing me to get maps for it?

Many thanks, Ness.

I thought I'd already replied to this but it seems I didn't.

Anyway I don't think their Legend price is such a good deal, they're flogging the legend Cx, but you can get the Legend HCx at www.handtec.co.uk cheaper, and AFAIK the HCx is identical to the Cx but with the BETTER chipset.

As for the maps you can run the free Open Streetmap maps on it, which is what Im using on my Vista. I think they're good enough for what I need so I won't be bothering to buy any of the Garmin maps.

BTW I have no connection with Handtec, other than I recently bought a Vista and they were marginally cheaper than anywhere else so it was the first (and only) place I went to look for a comparison price.

Edit to add: It seems the Legend Cx is also a discontinued model.

Edited by MartyBartfast

Amazon are selling the 60Csx as below:

RRP: £244.99

Price: £178.51 & this item Delivered FREE in the UK with Super Saver Delivery. See details and conditions

You Save: £66.48 (27%)

Tesco are selling it "1/2 price" for 220.18 with collection from store.

Who is kidding who or am I missing something?

Tesco are selling it "1/2 price" for 220.18 with collection from store.

Who is kidding who or am I missing something?

There'll be a 1-point, white-on-white background asterisk nearon the same page as that, saying "Half price refers to the fact that this item was on sale at the higher price for one day at a single Tesco Express in London for 20 minutes, about 18 months ago. And we were out of stock."

Can't argue at a Colorado 300 for £175 though. Quidco has validated for me at £8.93 too :-)

The West Viewers managed to get a Colorado 300 from Tesco for £170.

I couldn't believe it when I was in a "cheaper than average" electrical store in Washington DC last week - Colorados there are still $480 - and with the £ v $ situation - it's still cheaper to get one here!!

I haven't....

And the only reason I haevn't is because I went to an ATM in Washington DC last week to draw out some dollars, and the bloomin thing gave me my card, but no dollars... so I'm currently about £100 down in my account...

HSBC tell me that I SHOULD get the money back, but could take about 6 weeks... so if Tesco are still playing ball... then they'll have another customer!